The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Yudster wrote:
rocka23 wrote:[*] Can I ask do any of you think that your constant posts about how you're listening to something else and just can't do the show helps.

This is a Chris Moyles fan site, I'd suggest if you're no longer a fan you should no longer feel your opinion is needed.

Don't mistake this as a pop at those making show suggestions or offering improvement ideas.

I would suggest if you aren't even willing to make the small effort needed to listen then you aren't a fanatic.

I may be wrong but I'm yet to hear a view of somebody who didn't listen to the R1 show that would be of massive interest to me.

I know the word "fan" is derived from "fanatic" but language evolves and they haven't meant the same thing for a very long time. I am a long standing fan of Chris Moyles and I am very sad that his work is currently inaccessible to me. I was about to say I'm sorry if that upsets you but actually on reflection I find that I don't give a shit. Ah well.

No it would be silly of me to expect manners here, I've been around long enough to accept that. So you have failed to understand the meaning of "upset" as well as "fan". It's a wonder how you're getting through your days in truth. :D
JayE wrote:No, my mistake. Should have said "Welcome to the internet, now stop whining because other people's opinions differ to yours" Sorry, guy. As you were.

You must use the new found dictionary of the earlier poster mate, you have completely missed the meaning of the word "whining"

Anyway back to the whole point of the site, that Chris Moyles is fantastic isn't he..................
I hate to say this but I don't think you're a fanatic of this forum anymore.... *cries*

On the other hand though, I listen to first half hour of the show live every morning on my DAB radio and get the podcast at the end of the week. If I hear something I don't particularly like and want to comment on it I will. Sorry if that doesn't comply with the way you feel I should be posting on this site. Have a nice day sweetie.
Sheesh, can we all stop this bickering please? I will say it again: debate is the spirit of a good forum. We can have differing opinions and coexist happily. Nobody needs to start telling others what they should and shouldn't post, or resort to insults. Thankyou.
Nicola_Red wrote:Sheesh, can we all stop this bickering please? I will say it again: debate is the spirit of a good forum. We can have differing opinions and coexist happily. Nobody needs to start telling others what they should and shouldn't post, or resort to insults. Thankyou.

Aw, insults are sometimes really appropriate though!
slaphead1982 wrote:
Yudster wrote:Insults are sometimes really appropriate though!

Amongst friends? Yes.

...and idiots.
So is this the first time Chris's mate Gavin has become a on air personality?
Could this be a try out for a new potential new side kick? Or am I reading far too much into it?
Cant remember anything like this happening on the old show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
G-Sizzle wrote:So is this the first time Chris's mate Gavin has become a on air personality?
Could this be a try out for a new potential new side kick? Or am I reading far too much into it?
Cant remember anything like this happening on the old show.

Scrap that, he's just left the studio. Turns out I was reading too much into it.

Guess I've been duped ever since Scott Mills introduced Chris Stark as his mate on air who was just keeping him company while he found a new job. 4 years later he's still his sidekick!

Just popped in to show some love for the rants and the Louis Walsh impressions this week. That's what it's all about. Old Chris is important, and very funny.

The Ivory Tower rant has to go down in history as one of his best, and it's great that the world can finally see what a first class performer he really is now that the camera is trained directly on him as opposed to lingering by the side of him at R1.

Keep it up and you really will be living in an Ivory Tower before long.
I actually got irritated by one of his rants this week. The day they announced the ridiculous Liam Gallagher thing which they're actually charging for, I seem to remember Chris saying tickets would probably be "about a tenner". A day later he then ranted at a listener for texting in and moaning about the extortionate price...
BenMilner_ wrote:Morning everyone,
I read on here a lot but have only ever posted once I think, I just like to read.

Who am I invading your turf?

I won the colouring book on this morning's show, and was wondering if anyone would be interested in me scanning the pages for the archives? Just looking to help out. I love the X show, and I love the 1 show. Chris is the reason I'm doing what I do now, and I have learned so much just by listening.

Thanks all!

Ben

Ben that is so generous! I would love a scan or pdf of the coloiring book. Please do this!
bmstinton93 wrote:I actually got irritated by one of his rants this week. The day they announced the ridiculous Liam Gallagher thing which they're actually charging for, I seem to remember Chris saying tickets would probably be "about a tenner". A day later he then ranted at a listener for texting in and moaning about the extortionate price...

I missed the "about a tenner" comment. I discussed the rant with Mr Red at the time though, and we both agreed that whilst it's a lot of money and I'd never be able to afford it, it's a unique event and for charity so it's kind of fair enough. I also felt that Chris took particular offence at the ivory towers remark cos like me he's from a Northern working class background, and whilst he obviously has a lot of money now, I think his roots are still quite important to him.

I live opposite the Etihad, so if they crank the mics loud enough maybe I'll be able to hear it out the window. Heard every bloody detail of those four Stone Roses concerts over the summer :)
I liked the rant at Dom yesterday funny - incidentally on a another note for a mo listened to the return of James Whale to Talk Radio ( of a form) and found the challenging - I used to listen to James avidly and weird actually I found the style quite abrasive
BenMilner_ wrote:Morning everyone,
I read on here a lot but have only ever posted once I think, I just like to read.

Who am I invading your turf?

I won the colouring book on this morning's show, and was wondering if anyone would be interested in me scanning the pages for the archives? Just looking to help out. I love the X show, and I love the 1 show. Chris is the reason I'm doing what I do now, and I have learned so much just by listening.

Thanks all!

Ben

Any news on this coming through - damn I want to get colouring! Ben...this still happening? Thanks in advance
Interesting the Make Some Noise show today

GWR FM in Bristol Bath and Swindon with the MW frequencies Brunel (Classic Gold) used to do charity appeals over a weekend on each side of the region which had a lot of dynamisn to it and they used to get about 60 thousand each time I guess the Heart Franchises did all the local stuff?
Looks like Radio X have caved in and decided to front Vaughan into the breakfast slot whilst Moyles is on holiday even though Vernon will still be doing mid-morning.

No Moyles branding during cover? Probably not. Can see why they're doing a special podcast subscriber podcast for the week break.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]