The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Misfit wrote:Anyone just seen daves tweet? Paralleling the show content. He listens then

Possibly or maybe he's just seen it trending and/or remembers having done it for years on the old show.
Went to see Chris in the End of Longing on Friday. I was very tempted to see it because Matthew Perry was in it so with Chris being in it, it tipped the decision. I was in the stalls on the far right hand side near the front so I had a great view of the bar. (I chose that seat before I even knew it was the best place to see the bar). It was a mixture of him wiping the bar, taking stock of the imaginary wall of drinks, pretending to talk to someone behind the bar (off stage) and when people would talk to him, either nodding or pointing his hand in the air :) .

The play was better than I thought it was going to be, some dark bits but generally amusing.

Sat directly behind me were 6-8 of Chris's friends and a couple of rows ahead of me was Pippa and someone people in the row behind kept referencing as Dan ('Go sit with Dan, Pippa'). Wondered who on Earth he was, although he seemed familiar. After a while the penny dropped that it was Dan O'Connell. At half time bought Pippa and Dan a drink, they were both extremely nice, they gave me some play merchandise that they had spare. :)

Went down to the bar area after the play to try and meet them all, spoke to Pippa for a bit again, Chris and the rest of the cast were going to be a while so I left as I didn't want to hang around awkwardly. Also saw Gav who wasn't too impressed when I recalled him as being the Coco Pops Monkey guy... :D
Do you know roughly what time One word Weather was? I must have missed it somehow, even though I was listening for most of the show.
The segment around the 'Global Learning Week' stuff was hilarious. Like the old CM from Radio 1 days where the chatter just keeps going and Dave was buying into it.

I'm really not missing Comedy Dave as much as I used to as Masterman is really fulfilling that sidekick role better than ever.
I agree. Dave M has grown into this role so much. He plays along with the jokes beautifully now. I still think the show could benefit from a writer like Comedy Dave for some set pieces but I don't really miss him as an on-air voice at all.
thestevenwilson wrote:did anyone catch chris saying today something along the lines of
"if you miss aled, there's a new podcast tomorrow... that's all I'm saying"

what do you think this could be?

Don't know but before the show started I said to Aled I wished he was back working with Chris and his response was "One day, I promise".
Yudster wrote:
thestevenwilson wrote:did anyone catch chris saying today something along the lines of
"if you miss aled, there's a new podcast tomorrow... that's all I'm saying"

what do you think this could be?

Don't know but before the show started I said to Aled I wished he was back working with Chris and his response was "One day, I promise".

Maybe Aled has been waiting for his BBC contract to come to a close? If Aled got on the RXCMS, that would be pretty special. Surely a big producer role at Global?
I have to say I don't think Radio X is Aled's thing - although he is clearly very well suited to Chris' show, if he were to make a move to Global, as their stations go, Heart would be a better fit to his tastes.

However, I highly doubt if he's moving - it's not the sort of thing you'd announce in the podcast, you'd make a big announcement on the show itself, surely? In any case, I see the podcast is out now, has anyone listened?
Topher wrote:I have to say I don't think Radio X is Aled's thing - although he is clearly very well suited to Chris' show, if he were to make a move to Global, as their stations go, Heart would be a better fit to his tastes.

However, I highly doubt if he's moving - it's not the sort of thing you'd announce in the podcast, you'd make a big announcement on the show itself, surely? In any case, I see the podcast is out now, has anyone listened?

Aled is a BBC Editor. Would moving to Global to become a producer, be a good career move?
Adam wrote:
Topher wrote:I have to say I don't think Radio X is Aled's thing - although he is clearly very well suited to Chris' show, if he were to make a move to Global, as their stations go, Heart would be a better fit to his tastes.

Aled is a BBC Editor. Would moving to Global to become a producer, be a good career move?

That too.
Have to echo that Masterman has really grown into the show, I think at the moment the show probably has the best “on air” mix of characters since the early years of R1 Breakfast – Chris/Dave/Dom/Carrie/Rachel/Aled.

I knew from this thread that Moyles was off at the end of the month but this morning he described it as “a bit of a break” and compared it to a “mid season finale” which sounded like more than the standard two weeks off. Did he expand on that or does anyone know anything more? The rest of the team sound like they will still be on, so probably Vernon again.

Wednesday and Thursday are up (Tuesday needs a fix[…]