The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Think when Dom mentioned tinder his statement was "I'm not single" so he has a new girlfriend I think. I say that because after Chris's birthday because he "had the kids" as a divorced father myself I picked up on that comment straight away.

I get the above though to me it makes no difference to his a ability to be a dofus newsreader! Haha. Also out of interest he seems to have taken up smoking as there are many references to it whereas the old show Chris would say he was alone.
rocka23 wrote:Think when Dom mentioned tinder his statement was "I'm not single" so he has a new girlfriend I think. I say that because after Chris's birthday because he "had the kids" as a divorced father myself I picked up on that comment straight away.

I get the above though to me it makes no difference to his a ability to be a dofus newsreader! Haha. Also out of interest he seems to have taken up smoking as there are many references to it whereas the old show Chris would say he was alone.

I picked up on both of these points too, and thought that maybe Dom used to smoke many years ago and has started up again, or has always smoked socially but has become a heavier smoker recently. It can hardly be that he suddenly took up smoking in his forties, because that would be bizarre, not to mention very stupid!
Harry Briggs wrote:http://radiotoday.co.uk/2016/04/chris-moyles-rant-shove-it-up-your-arqivas/

Absolutely ridiculous from Radio Today, can they not take a joke?

I did wonder why he had a pop at Radio Today at about 9.30 this morning! This explains it
James H wrote:Side mention to dimtimjim who I assume from the name on the show got his letter read out at about 8.35 this morning!

BOOM!

I'm only just listening to this weeks shows (been a bit behind, been v.busy boy at work), and yes, you're right James - my letter to Dom was read out on Monday! Whoop!

Letter read out was edited slightly by Dom; cut out me mentioning the visits to R1 and also when mentioning I'd 'put out' for Chris, I apologised for not being a top heavy lovely...

While listening, I completely missed what Dom was reading out, it wasn't until he signed me off as DimTim that my ears pricked up!

Feel right made up now, that has made my day. Happy Timmy now.

Anyhow, love y'all, 'ave a good weekend.
Frothy Bevvy wrote:The whole Dom's alternative hair thing was dragged out just a bit on Friday's show wasn't it? Only the second time since September I've been a bit bored while listening (the other one being the show that was non-stop Sky Sports News parodies).

Agreed. Was very funny at first but as it went on it really did feel like they genuinely had nothing else to do.
Glad Vaughn is doing a Saturday sports show.
His "warm up" show on talksport with Gavin Woods was hilarious.
That show alone turned me into a JV fan.
So much better then his days on capital.
I'm actually enjoying his afternoon show as much as Moyles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't get to listen live much but I'm glad I did on Wednesday, hearing Chris's passion for his new show was good. Would've been better to have heard a few more details about where he sees the show in a couple of year's time. I've come to accept that jingles are expensive and the Radio X playlist is too narrow for parodies.

Just hope if the show gets off the ground we'll have Richard the jingle singer back again, to sugarcoat the ads.
neilt0 wrote:
Fledge wrote:I didn't hear that - what was said?

"You dressed up as a Matador"

"That was Dave".

Yep that was it. Im still positive that is not the end of CD on TCMS, think if/when Chris moves back to the bbc. Perhaps Radio 2, Dave will rejoin him.
They mentioned yesterday that they are on holiday at end of May again which is soon & even Dave is off, no idea if it's one or 2 weeks.

I presumed it would be July and then Sept/Oct for hols like on Radio 1

If they return mid June then hopefully it will be September holiday and then through to Xmas unless there's 5 breaks each year?
Just wondering (if anyone remembers what happened) is it worth listening to the Vernon Shows at the start of March? Since I have a lot less time now at work listening to podcasts and the like, I am 2 months behind on the shows and just got to the start of the week where Vernon is host for a few days.

Friday show is up, and platinum: https://archive.[…]