The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Pretty sure it is a joke, the first day that Vernon was off, they were saying something along the line 'Let's give Vernon a break for today, let's get Phil Clifton on', trying to give the impression they were in charge of Phil taking over that show and now they're trying to give the impression of getting him back.
Overall it's been good but a few things still make me switch off/over.

Rob DJ just doesn't work live (especially down the line from Leeds) , Chris frankly has far better comic timing with jingle machine than Rob does when he is trying (and often failing) to read the lines remotely.

The competitions are tedious but like the ads they are necessary part of the show on commercial radio and are no worse than things like the Big Weekend promos used to be. I also never liked most of the celebrity interviews on Radio 1 and nothings changed there for me so I just switch off for the hour.

The most consistently entertaining part of the show is again as it often was on Radio 1 the 6:30-7:00 'on air mic check' link. It's refreshing to see that a company like Global have let Chris do it for as long as he likes including running late for the news. The amount of video content is also an excellent addition to the show of course we had videos before but now the show is always being recorded even the impromtu stuff can now be captured.
I'm enjoying it. Don't mind Rob DJ once a week and the fact they are openly admitting he's a bit rubbish at reading the script is something else to laugh at IMO.

The competitions live and die by the concept. I quite liked the Wipeout/Who Dares Wins rip off for the Infiniti car the other week but some of the other competitions have been way too dull.

I do think the team have gelled brilliantly though. I didn't expect Masterman to last 5 minutes after the first month of shows but he is integral to it all - he's the one with the commercial/Global knowledge, he knows about the music and he's really getting involved. I also think he's a little bit more down to earth that the other three and so a bit easier to relate to.

I got the impression that he didn't really like Chris at first - as if he had been doing a breakfast show on a cooler station for years and hadn't had time for Moyles over at R1 but he was chipping in with some knowledge about CM parodies and Pippa called him a fan so maybe he has always liked him.

All good, the thing I miss most is the scale of the show. When Chris said something on R1 it had the potential to be news all day and have everyone talking about it - I feel like I'm very on my own listening to Radio X. Similarly, the topics discussed on the show can be a little bit narrow and repetitive but overall it's good and so much better than nothing at all!
I listen to Ian's edited highlights everyday. It's now the only radio show I listen to religiously. I'm OK with Rob DJ (still enjoy the quiz element even if the filler is a bit hit and miss) and the competitions are fine when condensed in highlight form. I'm getting tired of the delay button gag now though. Since the wheel of inappropriate tracks has taken a break, Chris seems to have given up going deliberately off-genre, even in the Platinum Hour.
Was a brilliant show this morning, still listening to it, but drunk Pippa was hilarious and I think Chris was right when he said that the Pippa clips would go down in Chris Moyles Show on Radio X history! Very, very funny.
Another laugh out loud moment for me this morning was when Chris said: 'Thank you so much for listening to this show, we really appreciate it, especially if you work for another radio station. Morning Aled'
I've been loving this week's shows. Really funny stuff that had me laughing out loud.

Pippa's date stories, or in fact anything Pippa does is superb comedy fodder. I'm only listening to Pippa at the NME afterparty now.
It's great to see that Pippa and Dave Masterman have settled in and become more comfortable. The show is running very smoothly and it's probably about as entertaining as the R1 show this week.

I'm so glad Chris finally realised that he had the reverse-a-word game reveal backwards, it's much funnier doing their own versions as the final reveal.

I generally skip the comps, as they very tedious, but I wouldn't be bothered if they were on live. Winning a car is a good comp to put on for the listener.

I really hope Chris can put Rob back in his box. He just does not work live. He can't spit out the words, then ends up shouting. It should all be done with drops.

Other than that, LOVE THE SHOW!

Long time listener, second time poster.
The birthday show was excellent actually and it was nice to hear Chris say he actually finds it a bit embarrassing even though it's become a big thing now.

Also today's interview with Sacha Baron Cohen was excellent - it was the first time I've heard him do anything as himself (although I've read one or two interviews he did as himself), really interesting and he seemed to enjoy it a lot.
Topher wrote:The birthday show was excellent actually and it was nice to hear Chris say he actually finds it a bit embarrassing even though it's become a big thing now.

Also today's interview with Sacha Baron Cohen was excellent - it was the first time I've heard him do anything as himself (although I've read one or two interviews he did as himself), really interesting and he seemed to enjoy it a lot.

His cousin, Professor Simon Baron-Cohen is our Vice President. He is one of the world's leading researchers in autism spectrum conditions. They are a clever and creative family - although I have to admit that I prefer listening to Professor Simon, I appreciate Sasha's brilliance but I just don't find his characters remotely funny.
The interview with Tim Westwood was the funniest thing I've heard in ages on TCMS. Nice to hear all the SFX and silliness again. Maybe Chris' cogs are losing the rust and he's enjoying broadcasting again. Was a little leftfield to Radio X's audience but I think it was more oriented at Moyles' fans (aka us). Hoping someone will cut it out of the show.

Well unusual for the old show although he did do it at least once on r1 where Vernon covered for him on a monday. Maybe this is the new norm where, like muggles, he gets to take a few days off?

I did think whilst he was talking to Eddie izzard this morning that maybe he would fly out as a surprise and then Chris mentioned that! I wouldn't be completely surprised if it turns out to be something for the show as Dave is conveniently off as well. If I was him I'd be jumping to do stuff that money can't buy and his position allows him to do it ... in a positive way.

Also how bad did Eddie sound on the phone this morning especially when the call started, I felt so sorry for him. Think Chris did buck him up a bit but i really don't understand why he needs to put himself through these gruelling ordeals! I remember watching the show about his first series of marathons which brought a tear to my eye and my credit card out to donate. I have to say my charity donations have been a bit thin on the ground since moyles quit r1, I guess that may change soon :-)
Having listened to the show this morning, I kind of got the same idea. I think Chris is gonna go and surprise Eddie. Maybe he's even planning on running with him for a bit? I remember Chris saying, as he announced that he's taking a few days off, that MAYBE THOSE WHO STAY COULD CALL him, if they wanted. I mean, it all kind of adds up :) The whole running business is just cruel, though. I couldn't even properly run one marathon, not to mention the amount that Eddie's doing :O
whotook wrote:It seems Chris went to the Oscars. I search of Twitter brings this instgram image
That's some impressive digging, well done! Don't know why he didn't want to talk about this. Maybe he will when he gets back!
Edited version of Tuesday's show was just 1 hr 25 mins long, so 2 hrs 5 mins of news, ads & music compared to Chris' show being around 2hr 10 mins edited.

Can't believe they are letting Vernon do this to the show. Keep to the format!

Friday show is up, and platinum: https://archive.[…]