The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
bwfcol wrote:I also like how Olly/Chris have stayed in touch to some extent, seems genuine.

Wasn't the case with Dom and Olly though.
Dom mentioned in the first week that he'd texted Olly several times over the last 3 years, and never got a single reply, but after mentioning that on air, Dom got an almost immediate text from Olly asking how he was.

I'm not convinced that Olly isn't just keeping in touch with those that can help is career, and as soon as they can't, he no longer bothers with them.
He's always just struck me as being a little insincere.
Chris definitely has more genuine celebrity friends.
James H wrote:I'm sure I heard them play Go With The Flow the other day :) and maybe No One Knows previously too

I'm still catching up with the last 2 shows, but other than that, I've listened to all of the shows so far, and don't remember them.

I do listen while working on the computer late afternoons, so maybe they didn't register, and I didn't realise I was listening to the show, and just thought I was playing them. :)

I'll have to listen more carefully. :D
Cheers.
Nicola_Red wrote:Good Lord, today's show has been tedious. Didn't even bother switching the office radio to RX when I arrived, left it on R1. I don't need to hear them trying to give away "Noel Gallagher's guitar" again (cos of COURSE Noel Gallagher plays an Epiphone).

I fast forward through the competitions and most of the music, so I enjoy the show!
ChunkyMunky wrote:I'm not convinced that Olly isn't just keeping in touch with those that can help is career.......

For the last three years I don't really think you could put Chris Moyles in that category.
Yudster wrote:For the last three years I don't really think you could put Chris Moyles in that category.

Yeah, you may be right.
Although he did still have a good following on Twitter and YouTube.
And he was always going to go back on the radio some day, wasn't he. ;)
But I take your point.

I've nothing against Olly Murs, but I also don't see what the fuss is all about.
I've just got a problem with self-serving people. Always have.
Maybe I've got him wrong.

(He did pay £500 to charity to have his record played on RadioX yesterday......that could be taken either way. ;) )
Whichever way you take that, it's either being played to an audience of Chris Moyles fans who more than likely already have an opinion on Olly Murs and if they like him will be buying the record anyway, or an audience of music fans that are really not into his type of music - either way it's not going to do a lot for his career.
neilt0 wrote:...I fast forward through the competitions and most of the music, so I enjoy the show!

The caller who won today's final Narcos competition really brought a smile to my face. She was very nervous and sounded a bit slow (to be honest), but then when she won her demeanor changed completely. And then right at the end of the segment she had a bit of fun with Chris that he couldn't counter at all. Pretty good stuff.
Badger Mark wrote:
neilt0 wrote:...I fast forward through the competitions and most of the music, so I enjoy the show!

The caller who won today's final Narcos competition really brought a smile to my face. She was very nervous and sounded a bit slow (to be honest), but then when she won her demeanor changed completely. And then right at the end of the segment she had a bit of fun with Chris that he couldn't counter at all. Pretty good stuff.

I did actually hear that. She was nuts!
The bit I enjoyed today was when Keavey from B*Witched phoned in and was chatting to Other Dave clearly thinking he was Comedy Dave. Bless her.
Well, they had a fairly extensive chat about it after the call ended where they subtly took the piss out of her because of it - personally I would say that's the opposite of glossing over it.

I think the only elephant is the one in people's heads, there isn't one in the room - they have said Dave is running a production company and won't be joining the team, that seems clear enough. Any other comment would be personal, so whilst I share your curiosity about what went on between them, I don't see any good reason why my curiosity should be satisfied! It would be totally inappropriate for either one of them to comment publicly on whatever went on. Whatever it was it was private. I'm as speculative as the next person and I have my own theory as to what may have gone wrong, but its just speculation and we don't have any right to have those questions answered. Indeed I think we're a bit stupid if we think they will be.
No, it wasn't weird, it was deliberate and funny! It was the POINT...
First day of Radio X in the car - took Reuben to the childminder's just as the Pub Quiz had finished. Chris was doing his very high-pitched laugh and he laughed saying "that laugh sounds like the Joker!" then they played Rob DJ going "Na na na na na na na na na Rob DJ!", which he found even funnier and as we got out he was commenting on "that was a funny radio", so he might be a convert...
Yudster wrote: I think the only elephant is the one in people's heads, there isn't one in the room - they have said Dave is running a production company and won't be joining the team, that seems clear enough. Any other comment would be personal, so whilst I share your curiosity about what went on between them, I don't see any good reason why my curiosity should be satisfied! It would be totally inappropriate for either one of them to comment publicly on whatever went on. Whatever it was it was private. I'm as speculative as the next person and I have my own theory as to what may have gone wrong, but its just speculation and we don't have any right to have those questions answered. Indeed I think we're a bit stupid if we think they will be.

Wot she sed ^^. Still miss C-Dave a bit, though.

Ace news on the new listener Toph, good lad! :D
Aled Jones on the competition, very weird hearing that name and then hearing the other Aled Jones, I know they used to do Aled Haydn Jones especially as time went on at R1 to avoid confusion

Pub Quiz was good, one more player would be nice, maybe getting a random extra in or a caller but once a week, it's nice to hear

I did think that Steve Coogan might be the 'type' to not like Chris but they seemed to get on
G-Sizzle wrote:I'm amazed Moyles & Vaughn get away with so much talking, im pleasantly surprised! I thought their shows would be very song heavy.

I am not sure what contract johnny is on. but chris has mentioned his contract is cart blanche. basically. apart from the ads and news. Chris can do what he wants.
but also wants too be the team player as well.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up