The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
I enjoyed the Pub Quiz - but I don't really enjoy the Rob DJ character, so all the phone calls in the last week I find quite dull.

But the actual quiz element is good.

I suspect all the catchphrases and the build up will become quicker as the feature beds in.
I thought RDJMNPQ was a welcome addition; probably took a bit longer today as he was in the studio. Would think it will be quicker next week when it is being driven from the desk (would imagine they have got Rob to do all his recordings after the show today)

Will be interesting to see the stuff that Chris has got him to record; if it is like the stuff this morning that is far more comical than some of the old stuff.
I thought it was nice to hear RDJ back on with Moyles this morning - and good to have the quiz back. I can see how it wouldn't suit all tastes, but same with everything in life.

Dido.
Yeah, the 10 questions thing surprised me too. Presumably in future weeks if they use Rob's pre-recorded links someone will have to compere it (as Aled used to do), which only leaves three participants - that could get predictable very fast.
The quiz was a tad a long. It filled a gap. They need more features though. Although I do like the ramblings of the team. Speaking of why I have to listen to the first 40 minutes as I overslept. The first half hour is usually the best bit. The best bit today though was my mention lol
The quiz produced some of the funniest one off moments on R1 show in my opinion (Dave asking Rachel for 'head'. Brilliant).

I liked yesterdays and it will flow better as it goes along I imagine if it becomes a weekly thing

I'm not honestly sure if Dave M enjoys stuff like this though
Last edited by bwfcol on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll clip up the quiz at some point. I really need to start writing a list as I'm losing track of everything i want to clip.
Nicola_Red wrote:I'll clip up the quiz at some point. I really need to start writing a list as I'm losing track of everything i want to clip.

It is already done and uploaded it is in the quiz section of the sound vault
JayE wrote:
Frothy Bevvy wrote:
ritchie wrote:where can I find the rss feed of new shows???

Right here:
http://chrismoyles.net/shows/shows.rss

You may very well be Jesus Christ himself, sir.

P.S Someone get this up on the homepage already! I didn't even know it existed until today.

Me neither. This is great since I can just use the Downcast app now to add the feed and download them from now on.
Yeah I get the feeling that Madame is a little bit uncomfortable with some of the stuff on the show. As it keeps being said though, it takes time to build up a dynamic with the team. I do miss Comedy Dave a lot though - I can't quite put my finger on what it was but the back-and-forth between him and Chris and the rest of the team was great. His writing was brilliant as well. Need to get over it as there's no danger of him joining up any time soon, but still...
Tico987 wrote:Yeah I get the feeling that Madame is a little bit uncomfortable with some of the stuff on the show. As it keeps being said though, it takes time to build up a dynamic with the team...

I think Madame is starting to loosen up a bit. During the quiz yesterday, he was getting into the "question #..." routine and he was freely complaining about the answer to the 3 Ts question. Today's segment about the Aire lyrics was pretty funny, and he was going along with all the teasing he was getting about the songs he and Andi wrote back in the day. Pippa's bit about calling the White House also made me laugh as well. Good to see her contributing more also.

Friday show is up, and platinum: https://archive.[…]