Request and download your Moyles-related sound or video clips in here
So I downloaded Q's unedited shows (except for Thu which is the one day I managed to capture in full myself) and I'm just opening them with a view to clipping and they all sound like they have a horrible feedback hiss in the background. Is this just me? My Thu one doesn't have it.
Nicola_Red wrote:So I downloaded Q's unedited shows (except for Thu which is the one day I managed to capture in full myself) and I'm just opening them with a view to clipping and they all sound like they have a horrible feedback hiss in the background. Is this just me? My Thu one doesn't have it.

Yeah, use mine/Pete's (you'll need to do some legwork on this forum to find 'em) . Q describes his as HQ, but they are fairly noisy FM recordings.
Nicola_Red wrote:So I downloaded Q's unedited shows (except for Thu which is the one day I managed to capture in full myself) and I'm just opening them with a view to clipping and they all sound like they have a horrible feedback hiss in the background. Is this just me? My Thu one doesn't have it.

Q's sounded fine to me, then again I used to record Jon Holmes' shows off of Virgin Radio on FM (which on Fridays & Saturdays always had interferance from a pirate radio station) or AM (when the FM show interferance was too much) so to me this interferance is nothing, but I get where your coming from, we were spoilt with the Radio 1 FM signal plus iPlayer rips.
neilt0 wrote:He has a dragon.

You just reminded me this is one of the classic films I need to show Reuben.
Johnny 1989 wrote:

Q's sounded fine to me, then again I used to record Jon Holmes' shows off of Virgin Radio on FM (which on Fridays & Saturdays always had interferance from a pirate radio station) or AM (when the FM show interferance was too much) so to me this interferance is nothing, but I get where your coming from, we were spoilt with the Radio 1 FM signal plus iPlayer rips.

As discussed in other threads, the Radio X reception in this area isn't the best. I have original wavs if someone wants to try and remove the hiss, but short of moving house and building a massive aerial array in my garden there's not a lot I can do! The quality is better than anything off DAB though, 80kbps and in mono, bleugh.

Here's today's show recorded off FM
Haha, no, I'm not expecting you to relocate for radio reception purposes :) I just don't think I realised they would have that FM backgroundy quality (you know what I mean). It shouldn't be an issue for me now Global seem to have sorted out their servers, as I should be capturing the stream myself every day. *fingers crossed*
q wrote:
Johnny 1989 wrote:

As discussed in other threads, the Radio X reception in this area isn't the best. I have original wavs if someone wants to try and remove the hiss, but short of moving house and building a massive aerial array in my garden there's not a lot I can do! The quality is better than anything off DAB though, 80kbps and in mono, bleugh.

[url=http://dl1.isnd.co.uk/cm/ChrismoylesRadioxMonday28thSept2015.mp3]Here's today's show recorded off FM[/url]

Bloody hell, call yourself a real fan? That's just not good enough!
Second host failed. Third try:

Monday 28th September

https://mega.nz/#!rJIHyYaK!uUwvBa5cPY11mAYD8U0lB3_iog2pE3DUFnPEZQJDMmQ
I suggest using the "Download through your browser" link.

Streamwriter capture straight from the Gee-Gee's mouth!
Losslessly edited (topped and tailed) with MP3DirectCut, no re-encode.
MP3, 128kbps, Stereo, 3h:29m:30s, 191MB

Another clean capture!

Enjoy!

I'll also put it on archive.org when their servers are up.
@neilt0: Thanks mate. Appreciate it. :)
neilt0 wrote:Second host failed. Third try:

Monday 28th September

https://mega.nz/#!rJIHyYaK!uUwvBa5cPY11mAYD8U0lB3_iog2pE3DUFnPEZQJDMmQ
I suggest using the "Download through your browser" link.

MP3, 128kbps, Stereo, 3h:29m:30s, 191MB

Another clean capture!

Enjoy!

I'll also put it on archive.org when their servers are up.

Now on archive.org: https://archive.org/download/2015092806.00.01RadioXUKTopTailedx/2015-09-28_06.00.01_Radio%20X%20UK_top-tailedx.mp3
I cannot upload to archive.org at the moment. It's failed about 3 times:

I can't use MediaFire or MEGA -- I think MEGA closed my account because they don't really allow sharing any more. I'm going to share the file privately with Ian for editing, but if you've got any ideas where to host an MP3 (with music -- that's the problem!), answers on a postcard!

I will keep retrying archive.org
Tuesday 29th September

https://archive.org/download/2015092906.30.00RadioXUKTopTail/2015-09-29_06.30.00_Radio%20X%20UK_Top-Tail.mp3

MP3, 128kbps, Stereo, 3h:28m:29s, 190MB

Another clean capture!

Enjoy!
Last edited by neilt0 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I see there's been a few hundred downloads via the RSS feed. 8O

Apologies to anyone who auto-updates if all eps download again. The freebie RSS tool crapped itself and I had to go in and refresh the feed. I'm now trialing a new feed and will post that URL here if it proves to be a reliable backup/replacement.

EDIT: Sorry, just spotted the post from Chris in the other thread about the 'official' site RSS feed. Thanks for setting that up. I'm sure it will be more reliable than any of the third party free hosts I've been battling with. [emoji4]
Today's show is now on archive.org:

Tuesday 29th September

https://archive.org/download/2015092906.30.00RadioXUKTopTail/2015-09-29_06.30.00_Radio%20X%20UK_Top-Tail.mp3

MP3, 128kbps, Stereo, 3h:28m:29s, 190MB

Another clean capture!

Enjoy!

Editing gap to come for a few days.