The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
Hello all! As it's been requested, I thought I'd start a new thread discussing the new show. I'm not gonna merge or move any posts from the existing one, so we can just start afresh here.

Confirmed so far: The Chris Moyles Show begins on Radio X (formerly XFM), Monday 21 Sep at 6.30am
Joined by: Dominic Byrne (newsreader?), Pippa Taylor-Hackett (producer)

Radio X will be on DAB nationwide and on FM in the London and Manchester areas.

Feel free to add info as it comes in, thoughts, wish list for the new show, etc
Dominic Byrne ‏@domisatwit · 5h5 hours ago
So excited to announce i'll be joining @ChrisMoyles and @pipskin on Radio X. Right.....i better get a new alarm clock then!!! #backonair
Now now, let's not fight about who left whom, the important thing is we're all back together...
I now have a group of internet friends from the wedding forum I used when planning my wedding, we had a meet up last month. I feel like I'm cheating on them with you guys. Or maybe I was cheating on you lot with them. I dunno, it's weird.
Nicola_Red wrote:Now now, let's not fight about who left whom, the important thing is we're all back together...
I now have a group of internet friends from the wedding forum I used when planning my wedding, we had a meet up last month. I feel like I'm cheating on them with you guys. Or maybe I was cheating on you lot with them. I dunno, it's weird.

How can we look you in the eyes again?! 8O

I never left, I still checked most days, and I host a mirror for the Sound Vault :)

That's the air cleared, let's all never fight again!
Last edited by James H on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicola_Red wrote:Now now, let's not fight about who left whom, the important thing is we're all back together...

Don't think that by telling us it makes it any better...
no fighting please

*hands out boxing gloves* if anyone needs them

I bet no one missed me :(
So it's a smaller on-air team, with no separate sport presenter, only one producer (that we know about so far) and no Dave.

I suspect Dom's role will be closer to Dave's role on the old show. Particularly as Radio X is technically a local station in London and Manchester and I suspect will have to have local news bulletins. So, even if Dom does read the DAB national news, don't expect the kind of mucking around they had during the sport and weather at Radio 1, the timings will need to be spot on to join up with the regions.
Yeah I remember on Chris' old Capital FM show where they used to have IRN (Independent Radio News) so he couldn't talk to the newsreaders back then, I take it though XFM/Radio X has it's own newsreading team?

That being said, if the station is indeed going nationwide perhaps the local news for London & Manchester had gone right out of the window and it is just a national news broadcast these days?
Quite funny reading XFM's facebook page regarding the news, some happy but a lot not ranting about it and how they're going to Planet Rock & Absolute because "that prick Moyles & those other three muppets know nothing about music" & "Global will turn the station into a pop one".

Not been funny but I highly doubt the station will change much music wise (Capital FM is the nationwide pop one now) and how do you know they're gonna be rubbish? Typical narrow minded "listener" who have an outdate view of Moyles from about 2001, but who cares eh? He's back at last :)

Thank you both!!