Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By R94N
Topher wrote:Aled

Out of interest, do you know how many applications for tickets there were? I would have LOVED to have gone, but unfortunately I can't guarantee being able to make it, so I heeded your pleas and didn't apply.

Yeah, me too. No chance of getting to London, especially at that time.
By Aled
bwfcol wrote:Aled, what was it like in the studio during the last Golden Hour? Any tears during Never Forget?

No actually - we all sand at the top of our voices. The Golden Hour takes so much work that I think everyone was either working hard or singing along. Next Friday will be very very different.

bwfcol wrote:And a question I've always wanted to ask, who has been the rudest guest behind the scenes?

ah, so many. Kanye West refused to look up from his newspaper while I tried to brief him before going on air. That's always a sign of a quality person.
By bwfcol
Thanks Aled as always, great answers :)

2 more for me if you get chance, in terms of guests behind the scenes

1. Who did you think "he/she will be a nightmare" and then turned out to be really nice?
2. Who did you think would be fine but turned out not to be that nice?
Adam wrote:Once the show finishes, are you going to continue to visit the forums?

Aled has already answered this:

Aled wrote:This is the Chris Moyles forum. If I work with Chris again in the future as producer and I have something to contribute then sure! It would kind of be weird for me to talk on here though if I wasn't with Chris - what with this being a Chris Moyles forum!
By Adam
Nicola_Red wrote:
Adam wrote:Once the show finishes, are you going to continue to visit the forums?

Aled has already answered this:

Aled wrote:This is the Chris Moyles forum. If I work with Chris again in the future as producer and I have something to contribute then sure! It would kind of be weird for me to talk on here though if I wasn't with Chris - what with this being a Chris Moyles forum!

Thanks Nicola.
I thought you might like to listen to the last 3/4 minutes of this Mark & Lard show as it features Wes Butters. It's him rehersing for the chart show. It made me chuckle as it clearly was'nt meant for on air transmission (He does'nt swear) purley by the fact of two things.
1: It interupts the last few minutes of Mark & Lards' show.
2: A woman called lynn can be heared in the background answering a phone then realising what's happened, whacks on the emergancy tape.

Thursday 11th March 2004
By Aled
slaphead1982 wrote:I thought you might like to listen to the last 3/4 minutes of this Mark & Lard show as it features Wes Butters. It's him rehersing for the chart show. It made me chuckle as it clearly was'nt meant for on air transmission (He does'nt swear) purley by the fact of two things.
1: It interupts the last few minutes of Mark & Lards' show.
2: A woman called lynn can be heared in the background answering a phone then realising what's happened, whacks on the emergancy tape.

Thursday 11th March 2004

haha, mortifying!

Funny how you can see how much things have changed even in the time since this show. 1) "I ain't gay or owt" would not be used. 2) celebrating the illegal copy of music lol, 3) The pre-recorded and repeated use of the term "Christ Almighty" wouldn't happen now.
By Emmy
Aled wrote:Funny how you can see how much things have changed even in the time since this show. 1) "I ain't gay or owt" would not be used. 2) celebrating the illegal copy of music lol, 3) The pre-recorded and repeated use of the term "Christ Almighty" wouldn't happen now.

The Fun/Thought Police have a lot to answer for. I remember that incident, and I also remember how their last show ended in a screw-up too. Those were the good 'ol days of R1, the classic Mark & Lard era.
By Aled
officialthomasw wrote:Aled, can you say who (if anyone) is actually leaving Radio 1 on Friday as we've heard Chris is a maybe but heard nothing from Dave, Dom or Tina

I could, but I think that would be unfair. I think every team member should have their moment to say what they want first, I'd imagine that will be in our last show if not even our last link.
Why have they only given Nick G a week off in between finishing his late night show and the new breakfasy show? Surely that wont give enough time to prepare! You guys had a month! Sara Cox had 3 weeks! Chris Evans has 3 weekz! etc etc.

Or is the idea that Grimmy's show is going to be more anarchic then previous incarnations of breakfast?
By Aled
bwfcol wrote:This isn't probably possible but do you have a total to say how much money has been raised for charity by the TCMS? Just thought it might be nice to add that into the final shows?

...keep listening ;)
By Aled
Fathomer wrote:Why have they only given Nick G a week off in between finishing his late night show and the new breakfasy show? Surely that wont give enough time to prepare! You guys had a month! Sara Cox had 3 weeks! Chris Evans has 3 weekz! etc etc.

Or is the idea that Grimmy's show is going to be more anarchic then previous incarnations of breakfast?

We were meant to finish the Friday before Grimmy starts! But Chris wanted a break before JCS starts so there's now a week gap
Aled wrote:
bwfcol wrote:This isn't probably possible but do you have a total to say how much money has been raised for charity by the TCMS? Just thought it might be nice to add that into the final shows?

...keep listening ;)

:D We're thinking along the same wavelength clearly!

I think there needed to be a week gap between the old/new shows
Now this will be a bit of a random question considering the type of questions you've been getting the past few weeks but...

Why, when doing the DJ Compe...Talent Search did you use a long number rather than the short code? And does that long number text to the studio or is it reserved for special occasions?

Theodore
Hi Aled,

I hope you gave the Wanted a real good bollocking for there stupid homophobic tweets. This is an example of the kind of "twitter hijack / rape" that normalizes homophobia and is something that is a real problem in schools and University.

Cheers x
By Aled
Fathomer wrote:Hi Aled,

I hope you gave the Wanted a real good bollocking for there stupid homophobic tweets. This is an example of the kind of "twitter hijack / rape" that normalizes homophobia and is something that is a real problem in schools and University.

Cheers x

You know, I considered this - but it wasn't on a BBC network - and it wasn't them who sent it, it was an old-school security guy - it just didn't seem worth it.

If it had come from the guys - I'd have them on this week's Surgery and explain it to them! :)

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]