Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
Deadly wrote:Aled I have a suggestion for a potential feature.
Why not capitalize on the olympic games this summer by having the "Chris Moyles show sports day!"? It can be an event that fuses the traditional school sports day along with actual sports that will be at the olympics e.g hurdles or long jump. It would be great to involve some of the other radio 1 DJ's and you could even involve actual Olympic athletes past or present.

I suggested this at the R1 forum meetup :D
The request has been reposted in S&V Requests (and it's a no anyway as it isn't from a Moyles show). Next question, people!
Aled, Do you ever listen back to any old shows from the start of the breakfast show, either to get ideas or just to see how the show has changed? If by any chance you don't have access to these shows then here is a handy archive...
bmstinton93 wrote: then here is a handy archive...

See, it always pays to advertise.

Ben > most file keepers (receptionists).
Since when has records management been a part of the average receptionist role? If it is, you're probably not paying your receptionist enough. Alternatively, you might be pissing your information and records administrator off by calling them the receptionist...
Or.... and I'm just having a wild stab in the dark here, our place works different to yours....?

Yes, our receptionist files stuff. Lots of stuff. We do have others who file stuff too, we call those 'PA to the directors'.

And she's not average either. She is, in fact, one of the most stunningly beautiful women I have ever set eyes on..... Thick as pig-shit, mind, but...
Probably. In that I expect your place actually works...
By Aled
chrisjames wrote:Will the show be coming live from Hackney in the week running up to the big weekend?

Yes, but not the whole week. Seeing as it's in London we won't be able to create the same 'cottage' feeling so we're not going to try.
Aled wrote:
chrisjames wrote:Will the show be coming live from Hackney in the week running up to the big weekend?

Yes, but not the whole week. Seeing as it's in London we won't be able to create the same 'cottage' feeling so we're not going to try.

*joke about cottaging*
By Aled
chrysostom wrote:
Aled wrote:

*joke about cottaging*

Oh yeah, can someone please fade Dave's mic out?
Snigger.
By Aled
Deadly wrote:Bonjour Aled. Will you be doing the Euro 2012 nation guides?

Is there as much enthusiasm this year to focus on the Euro 2012? As Chris said on the show I'd forgotten they were even happening this year!
I think its been easy for the anticipation of them to get lost in the Olympic build up, but when they are actually on they will be big - you should feature them. And I love your City Guides.
Aled wrote:

Is there as much enthusiasm this year to focus on the Euro 2012? As Chris said on the show I'd forgotten they were even happening this year!

I think maybe if you combine the guides with Dave's simple sweepstake game you'll be on to a winner!Or another idea could be to do guides on some of the lesser known countries competing at the Olympics. That is if the show is going to get involved with the Olympics.
Aled wrote:

Remember when you broadcast from a chalet in Portugal for a whole month during Euro 2004? In these days of BBC cutbacks and austerity thats well and truly a thing of the past !

On another note,will the breakfast show or Radio One be doing anything to mark the Queens jubilee,or is that deemed to be more radio 2/4 territory?
chrisjames wrote:Remember when you broadcast from a chalet in Portugal for a whole month during Euro 2004?

Yeah, like Aled is ever going to forget THAT one...!

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]