Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
slaphead1982 wrote:"THINK OF THE CHILDREN" It's a line from the Simpsons. It's from a character who over reacts to everything.

You should have just posted a pic of Maude rather than explaining it. Or a pic of Kyle's mom from South Park works equally well.
chrisjames wrote:I was a bit surprised and dissappointed to hear you make references to chavs on todays show Aled. I don't know if you realise but CHav stands for 'council housed and violent' , implying that anyone who lives in a council house is a violent thug. I hope you realise that it m ight have offended quite lot of listeners who live in council houses and are perfectly decent people.I know you wouldn't have wanted to delibarately offend anyone and wouldn't have used the word if you thought it did

You're a gem.
chrisjames wrote:I was a bit surprised and dissappointed to hear you make references to chavs on todays show Aled. I don't know if you realise but CHav stands for 'council housed and violent' , implying that anyone who lives in a council house is a violent thug. I hope you realise that it m ight have offended quite lot of listeners who live in council houses and are perfectly decent people.I know you wouldn't have wanted to delibarately offend anyone and wouldn't have used the word if you thought it did

How do you survive in the real world?

Oh dear :lol:

Nicola_Red wrote:
slaphead1982 wrote:"THINK OF THE CHILDREN" It's a line from the Simpsons. It's from a character who over reacts to everything.

You should have just posted a pic of Maude rather than explaining it. Or a pic of Kyle's mom from South Park works equally well.

From what I remember it was Helen Lovejoy who always used to screech "Will somebody pleeeeeese think of the Children" in The Simpsons, I hated her character in all honesty, at least Maude Flanders had a purpose.
Johnny 1989 wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:

From what I remember it was Helen Lovejoy who always used to screech "Will somebody pleeeeeese think of the Children" in The Simpsons, I hated her character in all honesty, at least Maude Flanders had a purpose.

Yeah, you're right, my apologies. And they killed off poor Maude, whereas Helen is still around!
Aled, how bigger * up was the Hackney tickets site not working? Did Radio 1 underestimate the interest? Or was it all down the See Tickets? I didn't apply as I can't make that date but I'd be furious if I had and then couldn't get tickets because the site didn't work

I understand this isn't your department at all and nothing to do with you so you may not be able to answer.

However, I'd expect some unreasonably angry texts tomorrow as a few people I know aren't happy
chrisjames wrote:
Bas wrote:
bwfcol wrote:He also over reacted on Digital Spy

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1643937

Its come to a pretty pass when you get a right c**ting from the prissy bedwetters on Digital Spy for being too PC. :lol:

I haven't wet the bed since I was about 10 :-x

Oh now come along.
By Aled
bwfcol wrote:I understand this isn't your department at all and nothing to do with you so you may not be able to answer.

Yup.

But obviously there'll be a lot of people with an opinion about this!
By Aled
Deadly wrote:Hi Aled. Will there be any holiday homework tasks when you go on your break?

No, not this time. We have a replacement for Dave next week and the week we're back we've got Revision again.
chrisjames wrote:maybe I did over react a bit...

Odd, thats never happened before.... :roll:
Deadly wrote:Is Matt's leaving a mutual decision or is it purely his? I know Chris jokingly picks on him and says he is rubbish at his job etc but more recently he has sounded like he actually meant it.

You don't really expect Aled to reveal something like that on a public forum, do you?

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]