Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By MK Chris
Kim Jong-il... nope, can't bring myself to 'oh no' him.
By Yudster
Well, it depends what happens next. Ever heard of the lesser of two evils?
By Munki Bhoy

I genuinely couldn't tell you any of the bad things he's done in his time. Ran North Korea, might have nukes, is ronery. That's it in my head.
By Bonanzoid
Some of the things I've read about him make me hate him uncontrollably. Here's hoping his son isn't a wanker too. Bet he is though.
By Johnny 1989
I never shed a tear for these arseholes, they inflict misery on their "subjects" (as they see them, rather than citizens) for decades so thankfully he's gone, although we do live now in uncertain times as we're not sure what the next one will be like.

From what I understand one of his son's is "OK" and would like to unify the country and get rid of the communism, from what I've read, however I bet that's not the one that gets in sadly, just hope his son's are less fanatical and ease of the people a bit.
By Bonanzoid
There is nothing communist about North Korea. When he came to power the country entered a famine that killed so many people while he sent his own private chef to different countries to get caviar, pork, mangoes etc. This is a good read.
By Johnny 1989
Bonanzoid wrote:There is nothing communist about North Korea. When he came to power the country entered a famine that killed so many people while he sent his own private chef to different countries to get caviar, pork, mangoes etc. This is a good read.

Ah well when you put it like that 8O :lol:

Dear God what a crazed moron, those poor North Koreans, hopefully this means they'll finally get something back in the way of some rights.
By MK Chris
Yudster wrote:Well, it depends what happens next. Ever heard of the lesser of two evils?

True, but I was talking about him as a person, rather than the situation this leaves the world in. Here's hoping it's time for change, eh?

Bonanzoid wrote:There is nothing communist about North Korea. When he came to power the country entered a famine that killed so many people while he sent his own private chef to different countries to get caviar, pork, mangoes etc. This is a good read.

I haven't read that yet (will later), but I read that he used to get live lobsters airlifted to his trains when he travelled, prepared by gourmet chefs and ate them with silver chopsticks.
By Senninha25
Johnny 1989 wrote:Dear God what a crazed moron, those poor North Koreans, hopefully this means they'll finally get something back in the way of some rights.

I think I can recall something about the North Korean football team being told off by the government after returning home for being knocked out of last year's World Cup, (and to add insult to injury, their first televised match on North Korea was the 7-0 thrashing they got from Portugal!); the coach took the brunt of it all, and I've read some rumours about him being forced to work on a mine, but be it true or not, it's something that we wouldn't even think about doing nowadays. :?
By Bas
Bonanzoid wrote:Here's hoping. I'd never wish death upon anyone, but he really was a despicable despot.

Oh i throw out death wishes like a bouncer throws out drunk students, violently & with malice. But nothing ever comes of them.
And for the record most of you f*ckers are on pretty thin ice, i can tell you. 8) So think on.
By Yudster
Baby Boboff...?
By MK Chris
Yep, just seen that. Can I have an 'o', an 'h', an 'n' and another 'o' please Bob?
By Yudster
Gold to gold in 60 seconds or less - oh no. We should all get together and do a commemorative Blockbusters Hand Jive in memoriam.
By Ilovematt
chrisjames wrote:He used to be a radio one DJ apparantely

I also heard he was the 1st radio James Bond.

R I P very sad news
By CassieJackson
And lets not forget the urban myth that he played the saxophone on Baker Street. I can't believe it. It was only on Wednesday that Jackson Junior and I were watching an old episode of Blockbusters on satellite and I was telling her about "I'll have a P please Bob".

RIP Bob Holness.
By Ilovematt
CassieJackson wrote:And lets not forget the urban myth that he played the saxophone on Baker Street. I can't believe it. It was only on Wednesday that Jackson Junior and I were watching an old episode of Blockbusters on satellite and I was telling her about "I'll have a P please Bob".

RIP Bob Holness.

They have been running Blockbusters on Challenge tv for a few weeks now.

Such a gentleman.