The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By ianpwilliams
Well I recorded the show from Freeview, although I missed the last 30 seconds or so, and for some reason there is an annoying little thing that happens when I record from my Freeview, where the picture goes darker for like a millisecond. It's a minor annoyance, but you probably get used to it. I'll watch it later anyway, and copy a version without the songs, and then I'll rip the edited version and upload it. But hopefully someone else will have a better version anyway.
By neilt0
ianpwilliams wrote:Well I recorded the show from Freeview, although I missed the last 30 seconds or so, and for some reason there is an annoying little thing that happens when I record from my Freeview, where the picture goes darker for like a millisecond. It's a minor annoyance, but you probably get used to it. I'll watch it later anyway, and copy a version without the songs, and then I'll rip the edited version and upload it. But hopefully someone else will have a better version anyway.

It'd be huge, but if you could upload an unmolested (not recoded) version, that'd be awesome. I can assist with splitting it if you need help with that.

I'm uploading the webcast version now, but it's obviously not as high quality as the TV broadcast.

I really enjoyed the show, it was really good fun.
By ianpwilliams
To be honest, I'm not sure my computer would even have room for a file that size. And my computer is getting on a bit anyway, so it would take forever to rip the whole show. If you really wanted I could post the DVD's to you at the end of the week, and you could do whatever you wanted with them.

I'm still going to edit and upload the audio versions though as usual. I'll just watch the visual ones instead of listening to the audio ones.
By R94N
Sadly because of school I could only watch/listen upto the Duck Register. I'm listening on iPlayer now though; the show is always too good to miss when Chris is on.
By jdog55
Aled posted this over on the main section of the forum but posting it here again incase you did'nt see it. Why again has Northern Ireland being left out of this tour? Surely all the 4 countries of the UK should be covered instead of just one being left out, which again is Northern Ireland. This happened with the last Chris Moyles tour as well.
By Ilovematt
Aled wrote:We're live on the red button from 6:30 with a visual Cheesy Song.

(I've not even seen that yet!)

Aled

Totally loved the live show. Cannot see why it cannot be on view everyday, damn it !!, we pay our licence fees :)

Love watching all the goings on and how things work, or somtimes not. Timing is everything as they say :)

Trouble is my backside will not be leaving the sofa from 6.30 till 10 all this week. GREAT !!!! x x
By jamiec21
Worth pointing out for future reference that Moyles often overruns, so if you are recording it from TV, put some padding on it. I put +15 minutes on the end and only just managed to get the end of the show today. :)
By JimBoss1986
I only watched from 6:30 - 7:30 as I had to go to work, but I was fascinated as to see how Chris (and Aled) works the desk.
I'm a bit sad like that..... That jingle machine looks a pretty decent bit of kit!!!!!
By japitts
JimBoss1986 wrote:I only watched from 6:30 - 7:30 as I had to go to work, but I was fascinated as to see how Chris (and Aled) works the desk.
I'm a bit sad like that..... That jingle machine looks a pretty decent bit of kit!!!!!

Geek moment alert...

I think that desk might only be half the usual kit too. From comments Chris and a few other DJs have made on OBs (Greg James in Belfast last week), some of the controls are done from the studio or OB truck. I'm guessing Chris has got a few basic faders and the cartwall, Aled is doing the music and the rest of the buttons otherwise done by CM are being done either from the OB truck or London studio.

Edit: Inserted Greg James-specifics
By Ilovematt
ianpwilliams wrote:I really hope they do celebrity two-word tango (are you there Aled?). I'm sure they won't because it's not a regular thing anymore, but it would be funny to see them panicking. I remember watching Carrie doing it and she was so funny.

I 2nd that motion !! ALED !!!!!!!!!!!
By JimBoss1986
Its great watching them all when on tour. But I think that it would be nice if they could do something similar when they are back in the Studio.
I've seen plenty of vids on YouTube and I know they did something similar at the start of the Year, but not too many people (me included) fancied booting the computer up to watch the team until they go to work.... Where as this is brilliant, switch TV on, press red button and viola!
Plus, they are "at home" in the studio and we can see what actually goes on in the Studio aswell.... Does Dave check Twitter on his phone or on the Studio PC's during records lol... (yes, I was one of those people that Dave mentioned had tweeted him this morning!!!!!!!)
One question though... Will there be a Golden Hour on Friday? I do quite enjoy the Golden Hour, but I'm guessing that it will not be happening this week, in place he may do some special features involving the audience.
When Chris did One Big Belly in Blackpool 10 years ago (does anyone remember that??? I was there!!!!), he picked two people from the crowd, and they played Viaduct on stage, it was brilliant!!!!! .... Aled has spoke about suprises, could this be a possibility maybe?????????
By phunk
It's great watching Chris work the cartwall etc. Even seeing Aled playing all the records and segue jingles etc. Just goes to show how much work goes in behind the scenes to prepare it all. Although it does look like Aled's main job is shuffling CDs around!
By jamiec21
One thing I've noticed about watching the videos this week is with Aled's guides. How many sets of clothing has he got! In every shot he's wearing something different. It's hilarious. :D
By Travis Bickle
Its disapointing that there isnt a highlights of the days show video on the website, or even a section of the show if that would be easier to do. I have hardly seen anything of the show this week other than quick bits before work.
By northernsteve
Chris said that a highlights package was being played out after the 8am news (after Dom and Tina do the news from the OB truck the TV version plays out a live lounge recording or two rather than the records on the radio, presumably so they can get the audience in and warmed up/told about any housekeeping - the records might even be played in from London rather than from on the stage). I guess that might end up online at some point.