Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Chris
Okay, so the last one has got long enough - and way off-topic enough .. so here we go again ..

Feel free to post your questions for Aled below - maybe he'll answer them for you!

Please keep everything on topic, and keep your questions both sensible and reasonable.

ASK ALED!
Last edited by Chris on Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Minnie the Minx
Aled, who was your favourite act from this weekend?
By ~JACQUI~
Aled, how do you feel about being in the voting of Company magazine's most eligible and gorgeous batchelor???
By mungrymatt
Aled,

Does Chris have a secret username on this board that you know of or do you just relay anything interesting to him personally?
By Nicky
It'd hardly be a secret if he answered that, would it?
By Uglybob
did you meet Gerry Anderson from Radio Ulster (he does his show at 10:30am at the Radio Foyle studios). Hes very good for his age.
By mungrymatt
Nicky wrote:It'd hardly be a secret if he answered that, would it?

Well it would, I wasn't asking WHAT it was, merely if it existed.
By Quincy
Uglybob wrote:did you meet Gerry Anderson from Radio Ulster....

Aled,
do you like thunderbirds, or any other puppet based shows? e.g Joe 90, captain scarlet etc..
By David
Aled, geeky question here. How do OB's work with the line back to the studio? Obviously when your at other BBC studios it's easy because all the proper lines are already in place, but say when you go to Eastenders or the pub around the corner to do the show, does special lines need to be installed for the few hours?

At Radio Shetland we can use a bog standard telephone line, but thats because we only need voice sent over, no music.

DL
By iSeb
Aled, What the hardest part of being a BA?
By B26354
Aled, do you know what Melinda (Simon Hollis) is doing these days last time i heard he was still at radio 1, because chris mentioned on his birthday when everyone was at the pub for the show, he saw Simon in the studio reading a paper and no-one else was around
By Rachel
Aled, What are you doing this weekend?
By d00t
Aled, do u think Rachel has a sexy bum?

:P
By Aled
Sebbywood.co.uk wrote:Aled:

http://pod-135.dolphin-server.co.uk/~ch ... php?t=7751

Coments:..

EDIT: Also, How was One Big Weekend, and Who had the most Ridiculous Rider?
(im presuming that ur gonna check this after OBW)

OBW was amazing! I loved it, had a great time. Derry were very good to us. Avril Lavigne without doubt had the wierdest list!
By Aled
Minnie the Minx wrote:Aled, who was your favourite act from this weekend?

Faithless
By Aled
Prozac the Giggle Fairy wrote:Aled, how do you feel about being in the voting of Company magazine's most eligible and gorgeous batchelor???

it was all a bit wierd! And to win the Welsh poll was amazing. My next year of pulling is going to be SO much easier! :D
By Aled
Uglybob wrote:did you meet Gerry Anderson from Radio Ulster (he does his show at 10:30am at the Radio Foyle studios). Hes very good for his age.

No, I don't think we did. Or at least, if we did I don't remember. I feel as though we met everyone who works there though, and their kids! They were all very good to us.
By Aled
Quincy wrote:
Uglybob wrote:did you meet Gerry Anderson from Radio Ulster....

Aled,
do you like thunderbirds, or any other puppet based shows? e.g Joe 90, captain scarlet etc..

I didn't actually. Wasn't in to any of those shows - although there was one on a Sunday morning that I liked that ended with a game of naughts and crosses with the baddies - that's all I remember of it!
By Aled
David wrote:Aled, geeky question here. How do OB's work with the line back to the studio? Obviously when your at other BBC studios it's easy because all the proper lines are already in place, but say when you go to Eastenders or the pub around the corner to do the show, does special lines need to be installed for the few hours?

At Radio Shetland we can use a bog standard telephone line, but thats because we only need voice sent over, no music.

DL

I'll be honest. I'm not too sure of how they work. I know we have two lines and I know we have had them installed in the past for an OB, further than that... I'm not sure. Sorry.
By Aled
Sebbywood.co.uk wrote:Aled, What the hardest part of being a BA?

PsBs. Nightmare. Especially on Chris' show! We have to log EVERYTHING that's played on the show. Including clips of 3 seconds and longer like sound effects and theme tunes.
By Aled
R.T.T wrote:Aled, do you know what Melinda (Simon Hollis) is doing these days last time i heard he was still at radio 1, because chris mentioned on his birthday when everyone was at the pub for the show, he saw Simon in the studio reading a paper and no-one else was around

I don't know sorry, he's not at Radio 1 any more.
By Aled
Rachel wrote:Aled, What are you doing this weekend?

I'm spending the fortnight in Aberystwyth. Spending it with family
By Aled
d00t wrote:Aled, do u think Rachel has a sexy bum?

:P

I haven't looked to be honest! Do you think she has? :)
By MC
Aled, how pleased are you with the figures announced today?

Has getting the figures up been an issue that has come up in conversation or lot, or did you (as a team) not really worry about it?

Thank you both!!