Transcripts of Dave's Tedious Links
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Beverley Knight, Come As You Are

Today's Transcript:

The Fratellis all use the surname Fratelli, even though they were born Lawlor, McCrory and Wallace. Wallace, first name Jessie, plays Kat Slater in 'Eastenders'. 'Eastenders' has a pub called the Queen Vic. 'Vic' rhymes with 'Dick', which is a common abbreviation of the name Richard. 'Richard III' was the title of a song by Supergrass. Supergrass include Danny Goffey, whose dad Chris used to present 'Top Gear'. 'Top Gear' is sold all around the world and makes a fortune. A fortune is how you'd describe the wealth of the Dragons, who were in with us last week, not this morning. 'This Morbing' is hosted by Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby, who also does 'Celebrity Juice' with Keith Lemon. Keith Lemon is from Leeds, and if you travelled approximately 65 miles East from Leeds you'd get to Beverley, which links to Beverley Knight and 'Come As You Are'.

Flaws:

Seamless once again.

Tedious Facts:

Released - July 2004

Highest UK Chart Position - #9

Dave last linked to this track just over a year ago, in June 2010.
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Supergrass, Grace

Today's Transcript:

'Come As You Are' is a song title that links Beverley Knight with Nirvana. Nirvana's drummer Dave Grohl now has his own band, who are doing quite well. Well done is how you might ask for your steak to be cooked. Cooked is the opposite of raw. 'The Raw and The Cooked' was the title of an album by the Fine Young Cannibals. Cannibalism was still popular until fairly recently in Papau New Guinea. Guinea pigs are a popular animal to have as a pet, but can't fly. 'Fly Away' was a hit for Lenny Kravitz. Cravats are worn around the neck, as are napkins if you're eating a messy meal. Before you eat a meal those who are religious often say grace, which links to Supergrass and 'Grace'.

Flaws:

Apparently cannibalism may in fact still be popular today; the Korowai tribe of south-eastern Papua are reported to be one of the last surviving tribes in the world engaging in cannibalism. Dave's move from 'Kravitz' to 'cravats' was also somewhat dubious.

Tedious Facts:

Released - September 2002

Highest UK Chart Position - #13
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx, Gold Digger

Today's Transcript:

'Grace Kelly' was the title of a big hit by Mika. If you swap around the letters in the name Mika you get Maik, as in Maik Taylor, who used to play for Birmingham City. Birmingham City play at St Andrew's, which is not the same place that Prince William met Kate Middleton. Middleton is in Manchester, and is the setting for the film 'Raining Stones', which was directed by Ken Loach. 'Loach' rhymes with 'coach', which is what you'd be if you were a fitness trainer. Trainers are what you wear on your feet when you go running. Running is what Paula Radcliffe is good at, and when she needs to go to the loo, she just goes to the loo. Lou and Andy are the brainchild of Matt Lucas and David Walliams. David Walliams swam across the Channel, from England in the north to France in the south. If you were facing south and turned 90 degrees to the right you'd be heading west, which links to Kanye West and 'Gold Digger'.

Flaws:

Nothing to report today.

Tedious Facts:

Released - October 2005

Highest UK Chart Position - #2
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Queens of the Stone Age, No One Knows

Today's Transcript:

As it stands, I cannot find any show where this Tedious Link was read out. There was no Link on Thu 4th August, and Scott Mills did the show for the week Mon 8th - 12th August, during which he doesn't normally do a Tedious Link. However, on the next day (Monday 15th August) Sara Cox clearly stated: "last time was Queens of the Stone Age, No One Knows", and Dave used that as the starting point for the Link.

If you can help, please post in this thread:

http://chrismoyles.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=23442

A transcript will be posted if and when it's found!

Tedious Facts:

Released - November 2002

Highest UK Chart Position - #15
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, Summertime

Today's Transcript:

Queens of the Stone Age are fronted by Josh Homme. 'Homme' in French means 'man', in the same way that 'garcon' means 'boy', or 'waiter' if you're in a restaurant. A restaurant is where you go if you can't be bothered to do the washing up. Washing up might involve the wearing of rubber gloves, as would certain types of interviews at the airport. In an airport you can watch the planes and read magazines on those little plastic seats. 'Seats' rhymes with 'beats', which are what Westwood lays down fat and heavy. Heavy is the opposite of light, and a light is what you need on your head if you're going potholing. I don't think I'd like potholing as I suffer from claustrophobia, which is a fear of enclosed spaces. Spaces of a different type are what you might be searching for in a multi-storey car park. A multi-storey car park is somewhere you might park if you go to a large shopping centre, which can be very busy in the summertime, which links to DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince and 'Summertime'.

Flaws:

Seamless today.

Tedious Facts:

Released - August 1991

Highest UK Chart Position - #8
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Oasis, Acquiesce

Today's Transcript:

The Fresh Prince is now known as Will Smith, who has kids named Jaden and Willow. Willow is a type of tree, and is used to make cricket bats out of. 'Out Of Africa' is a film about safari animals like lions and elephants. Lions and elephants are two things that you wouldn't want to get stuck in a lift with. A lift is what Americans call an elevator, because it puts you at a higher elevation. 'Elevation' is the name of a song by U2, who are fronted by Bono, real name Paul Hewson. Paul Hewson shares the same first name as Paul McCartney, who is one of the two surviving Beatles. Beetles would only be eaten by someone like Bear Grylls. Bear Grylls tends to hang out in the wild, rather than big cities like Manchester. Manchester is where Oasis were from, which links to Oasis and 'Acquiesce'.

Flaws:

Dave missed out Will Smith's other son Trey.

Tedious Facts:

This track has never been released as a single. Oasis are Dave's favourite band to make non-chart choices from; in the past he's also linked to 'Cast No Shadow', 'Champagne Supernova', ''Rock 'N' Roll Star', 'She's Electric' and 'The Masterplan', none of which have been released as singles in the UK.
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Chemical Brothers, Block Rockin' Beats

Today's Transcript:

Acquiesce is one of those words that I don't really know the meaning of, a bit like 'grommets'. Gromit is the dog friend of Wallace. Wallace, first name Jessie, plays Kat Slater in 'Eastenders' alongside Shane Richie as Alfie Moon. The moon is where Neil Armstrong landed in 1969, which is the year that Gwen Stefani was born. 'Born This Way' is, I think, the best song by Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga headlined this year's Big Weekend in Carlisle. Carlisle, first name Belinda, is a female pop star who used to be in The Go-Gos. Go in the world of traffic lights is represented by green, while stop is red. 'Red' rhymes with 'bread', which is made with yeast which makes it all rise. 'All Rise' was a hit for Blue, who've collaborated with Elton John, whose real name is Reginald Dwight, which means he shares one name in common with Dwight Yorke. Dwight Yorke is good with a ball. Ball, first name Zoe, is mates with the Chemical Brothers, which links to the Chemical Brothers and 'Block Rockin' Beats'.

Flaws:

'Acquiesce' means to assent, submit or comply without protest, while a grommet is a metal ring or eyelet or a washer.

Tedious Facts:

Released - April 1997

Highest UK Chart Position - #1

Dave last linked to this track eight months ago, in November 2010.
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Kid Rock, All Summer Long

Today's Transcript:

The Chemical Brothers are called Tom and Ed. Ed is a popular abbreviation of the name Edward, which has been the name of a lot of British Kings, a bit like Richard. 'Richard III' was a record by Supergrass. Super grass is what you'd have if your lawn was perfectly manicured. Manicures tend to involve the hands, as opposed to pedicures which are all about feet. Feet are the human equivalent of hooves, which are found on stuff like horses and goats. Goat curry is not uncommon in Africa, like elephants and dust. Dust is something you don't want around your house, as it can make you sneeze. Another thing that can make you sneeze is hayfever, which tends to affect people all summer long, which links to Kid Rock and 'All Summer Long'.

Flaws:

Problem-free today. However, Sara Cox (standing in for Chris this week) did ask after the track which song it sampled, and Dave confidently replied "it's 'Sweet Home Alabama'", failing to point out that the main and much more audible sample in the song is in fact Warren Zevon's 'Werewolves Of London'.

Tedious Facts:

Released - July 2008

By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

AC/DC, Back In Black

Today's Transcript:

All summer long is when everyone would like the weather to be nice, although these days it tends to be just a couple of weeks in April or May. May, first name Brian, is the lead guitarist with Queen, and is famous for having lots of hair, like his wife Anita Dobson, who used to be in 'Eastenders'. There is only one original member of the 'Eastenders' cast that is still in the soap, and that is Adam Woodyatt. Adam Woodyatt shares the same first name as Adam Clayton, who's the bass player in U2. Two is the ideal number of people to perform a tango. Tango is a dance originating in South America, which is where Carlos Tevez is from. Carlos Tevez plays for Manchester City at the moment, but may be on the move before the end of the transfer window. Windows are associated with both Bill Gates and Craig Doyle, but not in the same way. Way is a word that is associated with distance, as in "it's a long way to Tipperary", but it's an even longer way to Australia. Australia is where AC/DC are from, which links to AC/DC and 'Back In Black'.

(pause)

Chris: I love that song. Do you know, let me just pause for a second...
Dave: We haven't got the right one, have we?
Chris: Of course we do. Let me just pause and tell you...
Dave: Can I tell you how much I've missed you?
Chris: What? It's not me!
Dave: No no no, all I'm doing here is, we're kind of filling.
Chris: What's it about, that song, Dave?
Dave: Do you know, that's a good question. So many people have said "what is that about?" I don't know. There are various theories...how we doing, Al?
Aled (in background): Got it!
Dave: There are various different theories as to what that song is about.
Chris: And you know, a lot of people think AC/DC are an American band, but they're not.
Dave: Australian.
Chris: Er...yeah, but whatsisname, he's like, from the North East.
Dave: Yeah he is, yeah.
Chris: He's not Australian.
Dave: No, he's not. He's from Newcastle, I think. Or somewhere near there.
Chris: You know, Dave...back In black, I hit the sack, I've been too long, but I'm glad to be back.
Dave: Mm-hm.
Chris: Yes, I'm let loose...er...erm...ooh there's a moose...er...around the hoose.
Dave: *snorts*
Chris: Do you want to know what came up?
Dave: What came up?
Chris: Oh, do you know what, I'm not gonna say it.
Dave: No, tell me!
Chris: It might be tomorrow's.
Dave: Well write it down.
Aled: It will be tomorrow's, yeah.
Chris: But how does it know, Dave?
Dave: Where the link goes, nobody knows. Except for me and Chloe in the music department.
Chris: Right, you ready?
Dave: Yep.
Chris: Okay. What does it lead us to?
Dave: AC/DC, 'Back In Black'.
Chris: Seamless! You're welcome! Here we go!

Flaws:

AC/DC lead singer Brian Johnson is from Gateshead, so pretty much seamless despite the issue with the track. Some people questioned the 'Eastenders' fact, but wikipedia confirms that Ian Beale is the only character to have been in the show from the first episode without officially leaving.

Tedious Facts:

This song has never been released as a single in the UK.

Listen to the Link:

http://chrismoyles.net/soundvault/soundvault.php?fileid=2503
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Jamie T, Sticks 'N' Stones

Today's Transcript:

Black is the colour you normally associate with crows. Crows are nasty-looking birds, I think, a bit like ravens, which you'll see if you ever visit the Tower of London. The Tower of London is a major tourist attraction, along with the London Dungeons. Dungeons are where they used to lock up baddies. 'Baddies' rhymes with 'caddies', who are the people who lug golf clubs around for big golfers like Rory McElroy. Rory McElroy shares the same first name as Roary the Race Car, who's a close personal friend of Peter Kay. Peter Kay is the man behind the character Brian Potter. A potter is someone who makes pots. Potts, first name Paul, is the guy who won 'Britain's Got Talent', and shouldn't be mistaken for Pol Pot, the tyrant dictator from Cambodia. Cambodia is near China, which is somewhere they grow a lot of tea, which links to Jamie T and 'Sticks 'N' Stones'.

Flaws:

Rory McElroy and Roary the Race Car don't really share the same first name.

Tedious Facts:

Released - July 2009

Highest UK Chart Position - #15
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

The Prodigy, Voodoo People

Today's Transcript:

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me is what you were taught when you were young. 'When You Were Young' is a song by The Killers, which was once performed at a karaoke event by Travis frontman Fran Healy. Fran Healy shares the same surname as Una Healy who is one-fifth of The Saturdays. Saturdays are the second-best day of the week, after Friday which is my favourite. 'My Favourite Game' was a hit for The Cardigans. Cardigans are a fashion favourite of Matt Fincham, whose favourite TV show is 'The Bill'. Bill Tarmey plays Jack Duckworth in 'Coronation Street', which is filmed and set in Manchester. Manchester City are the richest club in the world because of their owner from the Middle East. East is the opposite of west in the world of a compass. A compass is what you'd need if you were trying to cross a desert in a sandstorm. 'Sandstorm' was a hit for Cast in 1996, the same year that 'Firestarter' was a hit for The Prodigy, which links to The Prodigy and 'Voodoo People'.

Flaws:

Bill Tarmey doesn't play Jack Duckworth anymore, as his last appearance was broadcast in November 2010. There was also some discussion as to the origin of the guitar sample in the track - Matt Fincham correctly identified it as from 'Very Ape' by Nirvana.

Tedious Facts:

Released - September 1994

Dave last linked to this track just over a year ago, in July 2010.
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Pulp, Do You Remember The First Time

Today's Transcript:

The Prodigy are led by Liam Howlett, who is the other half of Natalie Appleton, whose sister Nicole is with another famous Liam, Liam Gallagher from Beady Eye. If your eyes aren't very good you might have to wear contact lenses or glasses. Glasses of a different type are what you'd have to collect if you worked in a pub. A pub is a good place to meet people and have a natter. 'Natter' rhymes with 'patter', which is a word associated with the tiny feet of babies. Babies grow up to be people, in the same way that kittens grow up to be cats. 'Cats' is the name of a famous musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber, who has the title of Lord. A title is also what you would find on a film. The word 'film' is almost an anagram of 'slim'. Slim is how you would describe the physique of Jarvis C0cker, who is the frontman of Pulp, which links to Pulp and 'Do You Remember The First Time'.

Flaws:

Nothing to report.

Tedious Facts:

Released - April 1994

Highest UK Chart Position - #33
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Gnarls Barkley, Crazy

Today's Transcript:

Pulp are from Sheffield, the same city that gave us Def Leppard, who headlined Download back in June. June Brown plays 'Eastenders' legend Dot Cotton, who shares the same surname as Fearne Cotton. Cotton was very important to the Lancashire town of Oldham. Oldham is where Nick Grimshaw is from, who is mates with Alexa Chung, who I once trapped in a lift door in Leeds. Leeds is where we went last week, and this week we're going to Liverpool. Liverpool is where Abbey Clancey is from, who's married to Peter Crouch, who's rumoured to be going to Stoke, which is where Nick Hancock is from, who was on 'A Question of Sport' last night with Dion Dublin, who is from Leicester. Leicester is where Willie Thorne is from, who is a legend in the world of snooker, which is played on a green table. Green, first name Cee-Lo, was the vocalist with Gnarls Barkley, which links to Gnarks Barkley and 'Crazy'.

Flaws:

Dot Cotton doesn't really share the same surname as Fearne, as she changed her name to Branning on marrying Jim several years ago.

Tedious Facts:

Released - April 2006

By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Bryan Adams, Summer Of 69

Today's Transcript:

Crazy is what you don't have to be to work here, but it helps. If you swap the first letter of 'helps' for a 'Y' you get 'yelps', which is the noise you might here from a puppy if it had been left in a box on your doorstep. Doorstep shouldn't be mistaken for dubstep, which is probably Matt Fincham's favourite type of music after the theme tune to 'The Bill'. Bill is a popular abbreviation for William, as in William Shatner, who starred in 'Star Trek'. 'Star Trek' is set in space, and in that respect shares something in common with 'Star Wars', which starred Harrison Ford, who's also in 'Cowboys and Aliens' alongside Daniel Craig. Daniel Craig shares one name in common with Craig David, who coined the phrase "bo selecta". 'Bo Selecta' was a tv show starring Leigh Francis, who also created 'Celebrity Juice', which returns this week. This week is a short one cos we were off on Bank Holiday Monday, which is why it's already Wednesday. Wednesday is the longest day of the week in terms of letters. If you think of the letters 'B' and 'A' in the context of Canadian singers you think of Bryan Adams, which links to Bryan Adams and 'Summer of 69'.

Flaws:

Seamless link.

Tedious Facts:

Released - June 1985

Highest UK Chart Position - #42
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Armand Van Helden, You Don't Know Me

Today's Transcript:

Bryan Adams collaborated on a track called 'When You're Gone' with Mel C of the Spice Girls. The Spice Girls were massive in the late 90s and were made up of Sporty, Baby, Posh, Scary and Ginger. Ginger is a root type of thing used in cooking. Cooking is something Gordon Ramsay is good at, which is why he owns posh restaurants. Restaurants are where you find waiters, who probably wear some kind of uniform. Uniforms are something you'd also associate with schoolchildren. Schoolchildren need to be helped across the road by lollipop personnel who wear high-visibility clothing. High-visibility clothing is also worn by people who work on motorways to keep them safe. A safe is a good place to keep your valuables when you're staying in a hotel. Hotels are found in every city in the world, from Bradford to Boston. Boston is where Armand Van Helden is from, which links to Armand Van Helden and 'You Don't Know Me'.

Flaws:

Nothing to report today.

Tedious Facts:

Released - February 1999

Dave last linked to this track just over a year ago, in May 2010.
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Tone Loc, Wild Thing

Today's Transcript:

If you add 'B' and 'S' to 'Armand' you get 'armbands', which are what kids wear when they go swimming. Swimming is very good exercise as it uses pretty much every muscle in the body. 'The Body' is the nickname of Elle MacPherson, who's a supermodel from Australia. Australia is a long way away, and not somewhere you could pop over just for the weekend. 'The Weekend' was a big hit for Michael Gray, who shouldn't be mistaken for Michael Gray the footballer, who used to play for Blackburn. Blackburn Rovers are now owned by an Indian company who are in the chicken business. Chicken is a popular meat in most of the world, with the exception of France, where you don't often see it on the menu. The word 'menu' is almost an anagram of 'Nemo', who's a famous fish. Fish is good for you and should be part of a healthy and balanced diet. Diets are something you might associate with LA. LA is where Tone Loc is from, which links to Tone Loc and 'Wild Thing'.

Flaws:

Fish is indeed good for you, but it's perfectly possible to have a healthy, balanced diet without it.

Tedious Facts:

Released - February 1989

Highest UK Chart Position - #21
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Len, Steal My Sunshine

Today's Transcript:

'Wild thing' is how you might describe a ferocious lion that needs to be handled with care. Care Bears were popular a long time ago, but are still on TV in cartoon form. Form is what punters study in the world of horse racing, in order to know which horses to back. Back is the opposite of front, in the same way that up is the opposite of down. Down of a different type is something to do with a duck that they use to stuff pillows. Pillows are what you rest your head on when you go to sleep at night. 'At Night' was a hit for Shakedown. Shake down is how you would probably dislodge a coconut from a tree. Trees are the primary source of wood, which is used to make dancefloors in old fashioned ballrooms. Old-fashioned ballrooms are where people do dances like you see on 'Strictly Come Dancing' with Len Goodman. If you remove the 'Goodman' part you're left with just 'Len', which links to Len and 'Steal My Sunshine'.

Flaws:

Trees are not just the primary source of wood, they're the only source. Also, the down of birds is a layer of fine feathers found under the tougher exterior feathers, and isn't just to do with ducks (there is even some evidence to suggest that some dinosaurs may have had primitive, down-like feathers, fact fans).

Tedious Facts:

Released - December 1999

This is another of Dave's favourite tracks, previously linked to on five occasions that we know of, the most recent being just nine months ago in January 2011.
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Daft Punk, Around The World

Today's Transcript:

Len Goodman was last night on 'The One Show' for the announcement of this year's lineup for 'Strictly Come Dancing', which features Robbie Savage, who has so far only been referred to by the codename Lily. Lily Savage shares the same first name as Lily Allen, whose dad Keith starred in the BBC series 'Robin Hood'. Robin Hood stole from the rich and gave to the poor. The poor are helped by charities, who need donations to continue their good work. 'Good work' is what Robbie Savage will be hoping his teammates will say to him when he wins 'Strictly' with his silky footwork. Silky is also how you would describe the hair of Davina McCall when you see it in those shampoo adverts. Adverts can be a good opportunity to go and make a cup of tea. Tea is enjoyed around the world, which links to Daft Punk and 'Around The World'.

Flaws:

I think Davina actually advertises hair dye rather than shampoo, but I'm not 100% sure, so we'll say seamless.

Tedious Facts:

Released - April 1997

Highest UK Chart Position - #5
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

The Stereophonics, Dakota

Today's Transcript:

Around the world is where you spend your life travelling if you're an air stewardess. An air stewardess is someone who's likely to have pull-along luggage, and in that respect shares something in common with Aled. Aled's name is the most anagrammable of all of us on the show, as you can make it into 'dale' and 'lead'. A lead is something you should put on your dog before you take it for walkies. Walkie-talkies aren't to do with dogs, but are in fact two-way radios now used by people who work in shoe shops to find out if they've got a size 9 because they can't be bothered to go and look for themselves. If you remove the first four letters of 'themselves' and add an 'H' you get 'shelves', which can be a good place for books. Books are a brilliant thing to buy people for Christmas, rather than standing in the Arndale centre on Christmas Eve getting yourself in a state. The only US state to be used as a song title by the Stereophonics is Dakota, which links to Stereophonics and 'Dakota'.

Flaws:

Problem-free today.

Tedious Facts:

Released - March 2005

By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Girls Aloud, Love Machine

Today's Transcript:

Stereophonics are fronted by Kelly Jones, who is a big fan of Leeds United. Leeds United are managed by Simon Grayson, who came to the club from Blackpool. Blackpool is a popular seaside resort, and somewhere that you would expect to see donkeys on the beach. 'The Beach' is a film starring Leonardo DiCaprio, who was also in 'Titanic' with Kate Winslet, who recently rescued Richard Branson's mum from a fire on Necker Island. 'Necker' rhymes with 'pecker', as in a woodpecker, which is a type of bird that likes to peck holes in wood. Wood, first name Ronnie, has been in the Rolling Stones for years, but isn't one of the original members, as he used to be in the Faces with Rod Stewart. Rod Stewart is a passionate supporter of Scotland. Scotland has apparently got the worst of the weather today, as it's going to be blustery and wet. Blustery and wet are bad things if you're a girl and don't want to get your hair messed up. Somebody whose hair always looks very shiny and lustrous is Cheryl cole of Girls Aloud, which links to Girls Aloud and 'Love Machine'.

Flaws:

All good today.

Tedious Facts:

Released - September 2004

Dave last linked to this track just seven months ago, in February.
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Dream Warriors, My Definition Of A Boombastic Jazz Style

Today's Transcript:

Girls Aloud's Nadine Coyle shares the same surname as Owen Coyle, who manages Bolton. Sara Cox and Danny from McFly are amongst Bolton's famous sons and daughters. 'Sons And Daughters' was a soap opera that isn't running anymore. Sebastian Coe is also not running anymore in a professional capacity, but is involved with the Olympics, which come to London in 2012. Radio 1's Hackney Weekend also takes place then and will feature a host of stars. 'Stars' was an album by Simply Red which featured the track 'Fairground', which was Zane Lowe's track in the music loves and hates game a few weeks ago. 'Go' was a big hit by Moby in 1991. If you rewind one year from 1991 you get to 1990, which was when the Dream Warriors had two big hits, which links to Dream Warriors and 'My Definition Of A Boombastic Jazz Style'.

(Tedious Link music stops abruptly)
Chris: Oh sorry, it wasn't the long version. Er...do you want me to sing it?
Dave: Yeah!
Chris: *clears throat* Everybody...Dave's Tedious...
Dom: Dave's Tedious...
Dave: Dave's Tedious...
Aled: Dave's Tedious...
Tina: Dave's Tedious...
Chris: Oh dear.

Flaws:

'Fairground' wasn't on the Simply Red album 'Stars' at all, it was on 'Life'. Also, Sebastian Coe never rain professionally, he was an amateur.

Tedious Facts:

Released - November 1990

By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Guns N' Roses, Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Today's Transcript:

Dream Warriors had another hit with 'Wash Your Face In My Sink'. A sink is what you use for doing the washing up. Washing up sometimes involves the wearing of gloves. Gloves protect the hands from wind and cold. Extreme cold is what celebrities have to battle on '71 Degrees North', which is hosted by Paddy McGuinness from 'Take Me Out'. 'Take Me Out' was a big hit for Franz Ferdinand, who are Scottish, like Lulu. Lulu featured on the Take That hit 'Relight My Fire', and Take That's Gary Barlow has been with us this morning. 'This Morning' is one of the shows that is hosted by Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby, the other being 'Dancing On Ice'. One of the hardest moves in ice skating is the axel. When you think of the word 'axel' in the context of great rock frontmen you think of Axl Rose of Guns N' Roses, which links to Guns N' Roses and 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door'.

Flaws:

The word axel isn't really the same as Axl Rose's name, but otherwise seamless.

Tedious Facts:

Released - May 1992

By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Nu Generation, In Your Arms (Rescue Me)

Today's Transcript:

Guns N' Roses' lead guitarist was called Slash and was born in Stoke on Trent. Stoke is where Peter Crouch now plays football, and he's married to Abby Clancy. Abby Clancy shares the same surname as Tom Clancy, who's a famous novelist. Novelists write books, the pages of which are made from paper. Paper is made from trees, which are turned into pulp. Pulp are fronted by Jarvis C0cker, who's now a presenter on BBC 6 Music. 'Music' was a Madonna song, the video for which featured Ali G played by Sacha Baron Cohen. Sacha Baron Cohen is married to Isla Fisher, who used to be in 'Home and Away'. Home or away are the two options when answering questions on 'A Question of Sport'. 'A Question of Sport' is hosted by Sue Barker, who's a big fan of tennis and probably Andy Murray. Andy Murray is doing very well and in many ways bringing tennis to a new generation, which links to Nu Generation and 'In Your Arms (Rescue Me)'.

Flaws:

Seamless link.

Tedious Facts:

Released - January 2000

Dave last linked to this track just over a year ago, in June 2010, so he's obviously a fan despite Chris proclaiming his choice "rubbish".
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Radiohead, Just

Today's Transcript:

'In Your Arms' was a hit in 2000, which was also the year that Robbie Williams released 'Rock DJ'. 'Rock DJ' is how you could classify Radio 1's Daniel P Carter. Daniel P Carter has a writing credit on McFly's 'Star Girl'. 'Star Girl' features the line "I fell in love with Uranus", which is about the planets. The Planets was a piece of classical music by Holst, who was born in Cheltenham. Cheltenham is a big place on the horse racing calendar. A calendar shouldn't be mistaken for a colander, which is what you use to drain vegetables. Vegetables are a rich source of vitamins and other good stuff like iron. Iron is hard but quite brittle, which is why it's often made into steel which is strong. 'Strong' was also a hit for Robbie Williams, as was 'Radio'. If you combine 'head' with 'radio' you get Radiohead, which links to Radiohead and 'Just'.

Flaws:

some vegetables do contain iron (although not all), so technically all fine today.

Tedious Facts:

Released - September 1995

Highest UK Chart Position - #19

Dave last linked to this track almost two years ago, in October 2009.
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Kris Kross, Jump

Today's Transcript:

Radiohead are fronted by Thom Yorke, who's from Oxford, which is a good place to go to university. University is where you go to study between school and getting a job. 'Job' rhymes with 'bob', which is what a cork does if you put it in water. Water is what you don't want to see in the bottom of your boat, as it probably means you've got a leak. If you swap the fisrt letter of 'leak' for a 'B' you get 'beak', which is what a bird uses to peck. Peck, first name Gregory, was a movie star whose name is now * rhyming slang for neck. Neck is what you do if you drink a drink in one go, like, for example, a pint of water after a heavy session in the gym. Gym Class Heroes are back with a new song called 'Stereo Heart'. Your heart is the most important organ in your body, as it pumps blood around which helps you to run, skip or jump. When you think of the word 'jump' in the context of classics from yesteryear you think of Kris Kross, which links to Kris Kross and 'Jump'.

Flaws:

Seamless link.

Tedious Facts:

Released - May 1992