Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By DC
Jesus! He's being crushed! :lol:
By MC
Ha. Add that to the picture gallery.
By Adam
Awww.
By Jono
You can just feel the love in that room <3
By lilmissnaughty
Aled wrote:
Jono wrote:Spread the word to Iraq?

How about Luxemburg

Not liking it so much.

Luxembourg is lovely!
By Tunster
lilmissnaughty wrote:
Aled wrote:

How about Luxemburg

Not liking it so much.

Luxembourg is lovely!

I almost forgot luxembourg existed, its so unimportant to the world. Why not go somewhere like......... Iceland? Nice and cold up there.
By Nicky
A few questions about it..

How long do you go for? When is it? How far are you likely to be allowed to go?

I was thinking of places in the States because you may be able to tie in some promotion with the whole Sirius thing going on over there.
By David
Tunster wrote:
lilmissnaughty wrote:
Aled wrote:

How about Luxemburg

Not liking it so much.

Luxembourg is lovely!

I almost forgot luxembourg existed, its so unimportant to the world. Why not go somewhere like......... Iceland? Nice and cold up there.

You can get the boat from here to Iceland. Another reason to come to Lerwick Aled.
By lilmissnaughty
Tunster wrote:

Ok, perhaps I'm biased because I grew up there....BUT, it's not THAT unimportant in the world...for a start, and most importantly of all, you wouldn't have Radio 1 dj's like good old Moylesey:

Chris Moyles started his radio career at the age of 16 on Aire FM in Leeds and over the following six years worked his magic on several other stations including Radio Luxembourg and London's Capital FM
(from his Radio 1 online biography)

You can listen to him here but I didn't know he'd gone from being "Chris Holmes" to Chris Moyles! 8O (according to this site )

See also: http://www.luxembourg.co.uk/press.html for some other facts about Luxembourg:

Luxembourg plays a major role as a prominent international financial centre. Banks and investment trusts have settled in the capital, as the fiscal legislation, which dates back to 1929, favours Banks and Holding Companies. Luxembourg as an international centre numbers more than 7000 domiciled Holding Companies, some 1300 investment funds, and 200-odd banks which represent the greatest banking concentration in the European Community.

Also, you wouldn't have Sky television if it wasn't for Luxembourg! :

The multi-lingual abilities and very high education level of the working population provide local businesses with first-rate staff, whilst the advanced technological infrastructure of the country guarantees the best-possible future support for the finance spot.It is no coincidence that ASTRA, the European Television Satellites, are owned and controlled by SES, based in Luxembourg.
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
yes they can avoid tax and thus screw the poor.

wooooooooooooo. Its Switzerland with less Nazi gold.
By Aled
Mafro wrote:I've just been listening to it and it's alright, especially the batman bit from this mornings show. Chris's Frank Bruno impressions should have been on it though, that was the funniest bit of the whole week.

Yes, that was in it, but was edited out to improve the "flow". It was very funny, but just didn't make it into the podcast.
By Aled
David wrote:
Aled wrote:I didn't make it this week - so be as honest as you like!

Who did? Downloading it as we speak.

Will did
By Aled
Wyatt wrote:Whats with the big bear hug

I get one every morning. :)
By Aled
Nicky wrote:A few questions about it..

How long do you go for? When is it? How far are you likely to be allowed to go?

I was thinking of places in the States because you may be able to tie in some promotion with the whole Sirius thing going on over there.

Don't know. Don't know. Don't know.

Interesting.

Hey, we done good in ratings I think we can push it. We're working on some things.

Maybe a French morning? Or go hunting for Santa... or a hot December? Maybe Spain?
By Jono
I enjoyed the whole concept of Euro 2004 with the huge efforts that went into the jingles and beds and stuff like that. I'm not a football fan, but they were some good shows.
By Walter Sobchak
Shame you hadn't thought of this before, you've missed Oktoberfest! :lol:
By Wyatt
Yes you should have gone there, it was loadsa fun

Fancy a beer?

By Adam
Aled, Flame (friend of the show) wants to know if you can dance ?
By Harry_Bullocks
Wyatt wrote:Fancy a beer?

Not one of those, If I was poured one of them then im afraid the pourer would be wearing it!
By jamiec21
Aled wrote:Hey, we done good in ratings I think we can push it. We're working on some things.

Maybe a French morning? Or go hunting for Santa... or a hot December? Maybe Spain?

Hmm. You'll be in Germany I assume, for the World Cup next year. The show was in America a few years back Portugal last summer and in Holland in 2000. So I think you should cross mainland Europe and America off the list. I think Australia or Japan would be nice.
By al3000
The show should go to cape town in south africa!! That would be awesome :D Or maybe the chris moyles show live from singapore?!

More realistically (maybe), Lapland for Xmas!
By Mafro
Indie fools.
By Aled
Mk. wrote:Ah bless you Aled, trying to make out that where you're going for a week hasn't been organised for months :D

Anyway Aled, God bless those people over on the Embrace forum: http://www.embrace.co.uk/forums/viewtop ... 526#517526

oi! Absolutely not!!!! we had a meeting to discuss it further today.

As for Embrace message boards... Brilliant! Very funny.
By Adam
Aled, what songs/ bands are you liking the sound of at the moment?

Thank you both!!