Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Aled
Wyatt wrote:
Aled wrote: Off the top of my head I can think of 8 things that aren't like that in reality. Care to guess?

Chris doesnt drink orange juice in the morning

Correct. In fact, it would NEVER be allowed on those desks, we're not supposed to have drink in the studio
By q
Aled wrote:
q wrote:Love the ad, but I noticed all your screens in the studio were off. Why is this?

When are they showing it on BBC TV?

Also, how did you do it? Was it all time lapsed and then wound back to create the bits where it moved back and forth?

And have you used a special version of the Gorillaz track? The version I have had vocals on it.

Interestingly, they were on when we recorded the ad, we had full intentions of making the ad as faithful as possibly. But there are a few things wrong with it. Off the top of my head I can think of 8 things that aren't like that in reality. Care to guess?

They're showing it on BBC1, BBC2 and BBC3 quite a lot over the next 4 weeks - I think there's even a showing on BBC4! I know of EastEnders on Tuesday. We'll have a list on air on Monday.

Everyone and everything was recorded seperately. They'd take a shot of me for example then I'd move a couple of cms then another shot, then move again, then another shot and so on. Then Rach came in and did her sequence, then Dave did similar. Then with computers they put us all together.

The ad company made an edit of the track, like they would on any ad to make it best fit the visuals.

Thanks for the answers. Most interesting. :D

As for the things that aren't like they are in real life - all of the lights in the studio are switched off. You don't have the colour gel things at the side on in the ad. And the screens are off, which makes it look a little odd.

When you've got the shot of the orange juice on the desk, you can't see the glow from the lights next to the clock, but in the wide shot the red light is on.

You don't have stacks of CDs on the desk either in reality. And the side of the desk where Rachel and co. sit looks extremely tidy, in fact even a little too perfect, as if you've just come in as the cleaners have left and not set up.

The purple blind behind the CD and MD players looks like somebody had stuck a bright light behind it to make some sort of screen. Bright white it is definately not.

Where is the building that you filmed inside and outside of? From looking inside it looks like TV Centre, but the outside looks like any other generic building in the City.
By Adam
Aled, whats your responce to the following post:

stevo_producer_teaboy wrote:the advert is *!

its a long duration which should be plenty of time to put over moyles and show show over.

However, bar a short sequence at the beginning, a very small amount of audio clips and moyles finishing tag..there is bollocks all to encourage people to tune in (unless you count scaffolding going up and then being dismantled in a time lapse sequence a bona fide reason).

sure it looks pretty, but the narrative does not relate to the tag line in any way shape or form!

An ad featuring moyles getting up late, 5 minutes before he's due on air and making a charge towards the studios would be far more relevant and entertaining.
By Lawrie
aled

any nights out in leeds planned?
By Adam
Aled, good to see you & chris moyles made the Sun today.

Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles has put js fppt om ot agaom. On his morning show yesterday talking to sidekick Aled Jones, gobby Chris said he feared he had a stress fracture in his foot.

When aled replied: "So that's why you're limping". Chris quipped: "Not it's 'cos I've got a large penis" and laughed madly. But despite the gag, physios have told the overweight star his pain is caused by the way he WALKS. A friend says: "He's been told to adjust his walking pattern." But not his diet then?

Aha Ha
By Jono
Adam wrote:Aled, good to see you & chris moyles made the Sun today.

Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles has put js fppt om ot agaom.

Looks like The Sun is getting worse
By Quincy
probably them 3am bints
By Adam
Jono wrote:

Oops.
By David
q wrote:Love the ad, but I noticed all your screens in the studio were off. Why is this?

When you watch it on the net it isnt good enough quality to see that the computer screens are actually on.

Aled wrote:But there are a few things wrong with it. Off the top of my head I can think of 8 things that aren't like that in reality. Care to guess?

The studio clocks say 8:38 in the morning, but you recorded the advert in the afternoon.
By Walter Sobchak
Just seen it after eastenders, It does look better on TV.
By Honeybee027
YeovilBloke wrote:Just seen it after eastenders, It does look better on TV.

Yeah i saw it too on a proper Tv screen since watching it on my laptop and it looks really good :)
By Harry_Bullocks
Jono wrote:

Actually that's quite an improvement on their usual journalism :lol:
By Aled
So, as discussed on the show this morning we want to go away for a week. Where should we go?
By David
Lerwick, seeing as it gets mentioned on yesterdays weather nearly every day.
By Chongster
Middlesbrough...its where all the action is [/heavy sarcasm]
By Jono
Norfolk, no-one comes here. Sigh...
No one's been here since the days of the roadshow at Hunstanton and Great Yarmouth.
Last edited by Jono on Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Wyatt
Go to Amsterdam. I had a great time there
By Dickie
Radio 1 are always good at avoiding anywhere remotely near Bournemouth for any event theyve put on in the five years i've listened.
By Tunster
Dickie wrote:Radio 1 are always good at avoiding anywhere remotely near Bournemouth for any event theyve put on in the five years i've listened.

Why take Radio 1 to zimoframe city??

Essex should the place to be! *waiting for essex girl jokes*
By Dickie
Couldnt have predicted that the stereotypical view of Bournemouth would come out. Bournemouth hasnt been like that for at least 5 years.

Essex sounds great.

Bird Flu anyone?

Thank you both!!