Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By LisaScotland
Aled, apart from chris obviously who is your fave dj at the moment on radio 1 or other radio stations

luv lisa
By Jono
I've got the assistant headteacher at the high school and college to try and find a free period 1 after half-term so we can try and get him on Carpark Catchphrase. Another random story for Aled there...
By Lady Pye
I was listening while in the bathroom on Thursday 19 Oct at about 7.30ish and grooving to a tune which had lyrics about "building a house" or something similar. It had a kind of acoustic, Lloyd Cole (ask Chris) kind of sound to it. However, I didn't hear who the song was by before it was played. He didn't say who it was afterwards and then I left for that all important 30 seconds from the bathroom to the bedroom and may have missed it. Tell me who the artist and the song is so that I have at least a fighting chance of hearing it again!!

Love and kisses

Lady Pye
By Jono
And what's the sting ring background music.
By Adam
Do you think this place is "spreading the word", Aled?

Quality advert by the way ;)
By Honeybee027
yeah its great :D although real player wouldnt let me see it in full screen mode :( i never knew those video's exsisted been watching the barge videos too.
By Nicky
Not a bad advert - reminded me a lot of White Stripes "Hardest button to button" video, for some reason.

Aled, you said before the holiday that there will be some mysterious new visual aspect to the show. Anymore clues, or have I missed it somewhere?
By Adam
Nicky wrote:Not a bad advert - reminded me a lot of White Stripes "Hardest button to button" video, for some reason.

Aled, you said before the holiday that there will be some mysterious new visual aspect to the show. Anymore clues, or have I missed it somewhere?

Yeah! I thought that too.
By MC
I like that a lot I have to say.

Never knew the ad was specifically geared for Chris's show - I thought it was just going to be a generic Radio 1 ad..
By Walter Sobchak
:( BUT....
I can't read the questions on the quiz!

Probably my settings
By Jono
Looks very good. About time there was another breakfast show ad.
By q
Love the ad, but I noticed all your screens in the studio were off. Why is this?

When are they showing it on BBC TV?

Also, how did you do it? Was it all time lapsed and then wound back to create the bits where it moved back and forth?

And have you used a special version of the Gorillaz track? The version I have had vocals on it.
By Jono
You ask too many questions.
By Aled
q wrote:Love the ad, but I noticed all your screens in the studio were off. Why is this?

When are they showing it on BBC TV?

Also, how did you do it? Was it all time lapsed and then wound back to create the bits where it moved back and forth?

And have you used a special version of the Gorillaz track? The version I have had vocals on it.

Interestingly, they were on when we recorded the ad, we had full intentions of making the ad as faithful as possibly. But there are a few things wrong with it. Off the top of my head I can think of 8 things that aren't like that in reality. Care to guess?

They're showing it on BBC1, BBC2 and BBC3 quite a lot over the next 4 weeks - I think there's even a showing on BBC4! I know of EastEnders on Tuesday. We'll have a list on air on Monday.

Everyone and everything was recorded seperately. They'd take a shot of me for example then I'd move a couple of cms then another shot, then move again, then another shot and so on. Then Rach came in and did her sequence, then Dave did similar. Then with computers they put us all together.

The ad company made an edit of the track, like they would on any ad to make it best fit the visuals.
By Adam
They have a instrumental version of the track, I guess?
By DC
Adam wrote:They have a instrumental version of the track, I guess?

Yea, but when the violins come in (for the rap) it has a beat there. On the original there is no beat. So you can tell it's ben made for the ad.
By Adam
Aled - the revolving doors with the radio 1 logo on the front, whats that all about?
By Walter Sobchak
Aled wrote:Off the top of my head I can think of 8 things that aren't like that in reality. Care to guess?

People don't move like that around here, unless theyre chavs hiding from the police.

Aled wrote:They're showing it on BBC1, BBC2 and BBC3 quite a lot over the next 4 weeks - I think there's even a showing on BBC4! I know of EastEnders on Tuesday. We'll have a list on air on Monday.

Thats good, wondering when it was on, I shall look out for it.

Tuesday Eastenders, is that when Grant & Phill are back??
By fish heads
It's Monday when they return to Eastenders. Everyone's talking about it.
By Wyatt
Aled wrote: Off the top of my head I can think of 8 things that aren't like that in reality. Care to guess?

Chris doesnt drink orange juice in the morning
By Aled
downcount wrote:
Adam wrote:They have a instrumental version of the track, I guess?

Yea, but when the violins come in (for the rap) it has a beat there. On the original there is no beat. So you can tell it's ben made for the ad.

No, it's not been made for the ad. They may have a different mix than the single edit though.
By Aled
Adam wrote:Aled - the revolving doors with the radio 1 logo on the front, whats that all about?

How funny is that!

Believe it or not, we're not allowed to film outside BBC buildings. yes I know, you can give me loads of examples where BBC has done that before, but for some reason, there's been a new rule that says we now can't. So we had to mock it up.
By Aled
YeovilBloke wrote:
Aled wrote:Off the top of my head I can think of 8 things that aren't like that in reality. Care to guess?

People don't move like that around here, unless theyre chavs hiding from the police.

Aled wrote:They're showing it on BBC1, BBC2 and BBC3 quite a lot over the next 4 weeks - I think there's even a showing on BBC4! I know of EastEnders on Tuesday. We'll have a list on air on Monday.

Thats good, wondering when it was on, I shall look out for it.

Tuesday Eastenders, is that when Grant & Phill are back??

yeah, not the people moving thing.

Thank you both!!