Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Aled
Jono wrote:Aled, since the drop in listeners do you have any big plans for the show to get the listeners back up to 7 million?

p.s. be careful not to start mixing 4+ and 15+ figures willie and indeed nilly. We're still over 7 million on the 4+
By Aled
Mk. wrote:Aleeeeed - Would the team consider taking the show to Glastonbury this year? It seems a shame that the Moyles show has never tried it. The possibilites for show material are endless!

Just... keep listening. We were in Portugal during Glastonbury last year.
By Aled
Sidla wrote:What is the reason behind Radio 1's decision to change the name of "One Big Weekend" to "Radio 1's Big Weekend"? It seems a bit daft to me.

The Radio 1 event is Europe's largest free festival. A decision was made to change the name to ensure that it's clearer that it's a Radio 1 event - nothing too complex.
By Mk.
Aled wrote:
Mk. wrote:Aleeeeed - Would the team consider taking the show to Glastonbury this year? It seems a shame that the Moyles show has never tried it. The possibilites for show material are endless!

Just... keep listening. We were in Portugal during Glastonbury last year.

:D Fantastic

Good point, forgot you were in Portugal that time last year. Listening to Radio 1's broadcasts whilst actually at the festival have always been great.

Thanks for the reply!
By Jono
That'll be good. Last year's Chris Moyles put me in a good summer mood with the Euro2004 and all their special jingles etc.

Is there any other events planned that you can confirm
Last edited by Jono on Tue May 10, 2005 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Betti911
I'd guess that would be top secret.
By Dickie
At a guess i'd say that the first announcements about special events will be on the show.

P.S. Aled, do the team ever dip into the Sound Vault on the site and listen back to any funny moments or just have a general browse?
By Chongster
Aled, Did Chris show you that charicature i gave him on the oceans 12 premiere night of you, dave, rachael and chris? Do you know whats happened to it, if he still has it even?
By David
Dickie wrote:At a guess i'd say that the first announcements about special events will be on the show.

P.S. Aled, do the team ever dip into the Sound Vault on the site and listen back to any funny moments or just have a general browse?

the morning Chris asked Aled to find the 911, Bald Headed Woman parody and Aled found it within 10 minutes I wondered if Aled just downloaded it off here. But I reckoned the quality was too good for that.

Does Chris have a copy of all the parodies they've ever done somewhere?
By MC
That wasnt this morning. That was last week at some point.

Despite Chris's bravado, were you unhappy about not getting a single Sony nomination Aled? Why do you think you weren't nominated?

Also, are the team happy with the standard of shows at the moment?
By David
MC wrote:That wasnt this morning. That was last week at some point.

David wrote:the morning Chris asked Aled to find the 911, Bald Headed Woman parody and Aled found it within 10 minutes I wondered if Aled just downloaded it off here. But I reckoned the quality was too good for that.

cough :D
By Chongster
Helo Eto Aled, dwi wedi gofyn unwaith yn saesneg, ond dwi 'di dewis gofyn eto yn cymraeg! Ella wneith hwn sefyll allan mwy. ydi chris wedi dangos y cartwn wnes i neud o chi, chris, rachael, a dave? ydi o dal efo fo? Nath o dweud i fi pan ges i fo yr llyn yn or Oceans 12 nos yn llundain for oedd yna syniad da rhywle yn yr llyn, ac ella fydd o am galw fi. Dwi'm yn gwybod os tin cofio fi, wnes i dweud helo yn cymraeg i ti ar yn nos yna!! Gei di ateb yn cymraeg neu saesneg os ti eisio, sori os ti ddim yn deallt fy cymraeg yn dda iawn, dwi ddim di gorfod siarad cymraeg am tua 4 flynadd rwan!!
By Betti911
Not fair! We want to be able to read the chat too :)
By Wyatt
Aled, Do you know which episode of 24 you appear in? I have just finished watching episide 21, 3am-4am.
By huckerby6
chongster wrote:Helo Eto Aled, dwi wedi gofyn unwaith yn saesneg, ond dwi 'di dewis gofyn eto yn cymraeg! Ella wneith hwn sefyll allan mwy. ydi chris wedi dangos y cartwn wnes i neud o chi, chris, rachael, a dave? ydi o dal efo fo? Nath o dweud i fi pan ges i fo yr llyn yn or Oceans 12 nos yn llundain for oedd yna syniad da rhywle yn yr llyn, ac ella fydd o am galw fi. Dwi'm yn gwybod os tin cofio fi, wnes i dweud helo yn cymraeg i ti ar yn nos yna!! Gei di ateb yn cymraeg neu saesneg os ti eisio, sori os ti ddim yn deallt fy cymraeg yn dda iawn, dwi ddim di gorfod siarad cymraeg am tua 4 flynadd rwan!!

He may hunt Yet Aled , I am being has asked once English , except I am being 'di choose ask yet Welsh! I could he does this stand they are being able more. ydi berry has shown the she selects I did I say he you , berry , you are , I go dave? ydi he continue he he may be? he say I I when I had I he may be he drives lake crookedly horses Oceans 12 night crookedly London for he was there idea good somewhere crookedly he drives lake , and I could he will be he about call I. I ' am being ores knowing if bottom remember I , I did I say he may hunt Welsh I you signs crookedly night there!! You have di answer Welsh or English if you sori if you anything understanding me Welsh welly right , I am being anything di be obliged speak Welsh about towards flynadd rwan

Translation sites suck
By Quincy
maybe he wrote exactly that in welsh?
By huckerby6
maybe
By Chongster
huckerby6 wrote:
chongster wrote:Helo Eto Aled, dwi wedi gofyn unwaith yn saesneg, ond dwi 'di dewis gofyn eto yn cymraeg! Ella wneith hwn sefyll allan mwy. ydi chris wedi dangos y cartwn wnes i neud o chi, chris, rachael, a dave? ydi o dal efo fo? Nath o dweud i fi pan ges i fo yr llyn yn or Oceans 12 nos yn llundain for oedd yna syniad da rhywle yn yr llyn, ac ella fydd o am galw fi. Dwi'm yn gwybod os tin cofio fi, wnes i dweud helo yn cymraeg i ti ar yn nos yna!! Gei di ateb yn cymraeg neu saesneg os ti eisio, sori os ti ddim yn deallt fy cymraeg yn dda iawn, dwi ddim di gorfod siarad cymraeg am tua 4 flynadd rwan!!

He may hunt Yet Aled , I am being has asked once English , except I am being 'di choose ask yet Welsh! I could he does this stand they are being able more. ydi berry has shown the she selects I did I say he you , berry , you are , I go dave? ydi he continue he he may be? he say I I when I had I he may be he drives lake crookedly horses Oceans 12 night crookedly London for he was there idea good somewhere crookedly he drives lake , and I could he will be he about call I. I ' am being ores knowing if bottom remember I , I did I say he may hunt Welsh I you signs crookedly night there!! You have di answer Welsh or English if you sori if you anything understanding me Welsh welly right , I am being anything di be obliged speak Welsh about towards flynadd rwan

Translation sites suck

I can safely say that is not what i wrote!! although this bit cracked me up in the translation "he drives lake crookedly horses Oceans 12 night crookedly London"
By huckerby6
Crookedly appears to keep popping up so I'm guessing its close to a well used word
By MC
David wrote:cough :D

Ah sorry, yeah. Misread it.
By Chongster
huckerby6 wrote:Crookedly appears to keep popping up so I'm guessing its close to a well used word

i dont use the the word, or any word remotely similar to crookedy in there! how its decided ive wrote that is just wierd.
By internetmoyles
Aled, why don't you answer me. I've been on your mobile, phone, official e-mail, unofficial e-mail and you won't reply.
'Be it on your own head of larger
By fish heads
internetmoyles wrote:Aled, why don't you answer me. I've been on your mobile, phone, official e-mail, unofficial e-mail and you won't reply.
'Be it on your own head of larger

Best post in this thread ever
By Jono
Rofl, I'm agreeing with you there.
Or possibly the scariest.

Saturday show is up. It looks like the beginning […]

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]