Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Mcqueen_
David wrote:
Aled wrote:No, it doesn't mean they are or that they're not. Will's looking into feasability with making it happen staffing wise, technology wise and contracts wise - re music and Record Companies.

Dont bother with record companies. Just cut out all the music and leave it with just speech based. Say 30 minute highlights a day (a bit like what Virgin radio do)

That kind of defeats the object for me and I'm sure many people. It would be like listen again without the music..on a music station. The show doesn't really work with the music cut out.

The podcasting like what Wes does means record companies are allowing it under certain circumstances so I doubt that would be too a big of problem for the BBC anyway.
By DemonHorse
i don't know about Podcasting, but I thought I heard something about Radio 1 going out to america, but delayed so Moyles goes out a breakfast etc.
sounds like a great idea.
By Ste
Also what about if Chris talks over an intro or outro of a song. Would they get away with that?
By David
Mcqueen wrote:That kind of defeats the object for me and I'm sure many people. It would be like listen again without the music..on a music station. The show doesn't really work with the music cut out.

I would say the majority of the show does work without the music cut out. I know I listen not because of the music, but because of the mindless chitter chatter!

Mcqueen wrote:The podcasting like what Wes does means record companies are allowing it under certain circumstances so I doubt that would be too a big of problem for the BBC anyway.

The last I saw Wes'es company were only allowed to play 80% of the records, and all the "casts" had DRM encoding so they couldn't be played on Ipods or MP3 players that didnt support DRM, and they expired after a week. You'd want a Moyles podcast to be a plain old MP3 so it could be played on anything, and last for ever.

Ste wrote:Also what about if Chris talks over an intro or outro of a song. Would they get away with that?

But I believe a "dry" version of the show is recorded (for the trail) anyway, so the talk from over the intro/outro to a song could still be used without hearing the song. This could either be cut down and put into a podcast on its own, or put over the Moyles music on a loop or something. However that would mean someone would have to spend a couple of hours a day doing that so the BBC probably wouldn't want that to happen (what with the on going job cuts).
By Adam
Now you've been promoted, Aled - what do you look forward to achieving in your new role?

Secondly - who you looking forward to seeing at Glasto this year?
By Mcqueen_
Will you get more funds for the show/staff when joining Sirius?

The "Howard Stern Show" costs about $100 million a year, including salaries for Stern and his staff, according to Sirius data.
By Nicky
Aled, what was Carlos like to meet this morning? He seemed to come across pretty quiet for a guest on-air.
By Fathomer
Im looking forward to seeing you on BB Aled on Monday Aled!
By Uglybob
remember fat lookalikes on tfi friday

that new one on big brother is a fat jordan
By Dickie
How was todays show with Baddiel and Skinner on? It was a funny interview.
By Jono
Didn't realise you were on Big Brother's Big Mouth. You've been all over Big Brother this year!
By DemonHorse
yeah he was great on it too. at least I thought so
By Fathomer
you were fab Aled!
as my girlfriend would say
LOL
By Aled
fathomer90 wrote:you were fab Aled!
as my girlfriend would say
LOL

Thank you. I actually really enjoyed it.
By Jono
So you were really shot?!
By Aled
Jono wrote:So you were really shot?!

No, shot AT. They missed.
By Jono
Ahh, celebrity life eh.
By DemonHorse
Aled did you enjoy doing commentary on the Breakfast Show Grand prix?

also did you want to be in the race as you watched them all go round?
By Jono
And where does BBAled stand whilst the team are on holiday?
By Aled
Jono wrote:And where does BBAled stand whilst the team are on holiday?

In his parent's house in Wales.

We're not running it over the holidays. I will have Press Conference stuff for the first Monday back.
By Wyatt
Where did you go go-karting? I want to go now
By Mk.
If I haven't said already, congratulations on the promotion!

Now: How have you found your year being Rear Of The Year? Has it had any impact? Any unexpected advantages? Get mentioned in passing whilst out visiting London's 'scene'?
By Wyatt
Aled wrote:
Wyatt wrote:Where did you go go-karting? I want to go now

http://www.theraceway.net

Tell them we sent you! :)

I'll ask for Dave's Turbo Kart

Thank you both!!