Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By DemonHorse
YES! one of the more interesting characters in there, even with how she was on BBLB. Wouldda made great radio.

who's the 'right one'? chav maxwell or one of the boring nonentities like Craig?
By Ste
I think there is another reason why they didnt get Mary.

The station prob would have closed down from her powers 8O
By DemonHorse
BB and BBLB didn't have any problems when she was on though... that one time was probably just dud mikes.
By Jono
I think Mary was one of the stronger characters of the series. I would have liked to hear her.
By Adam
Aled ,

You may of been asked this: but who do you think is great and who's not so great on the Glasto line, this year?

And secondly - is the show going this year? Or have you got other plans ;)
By jamiec21
There's something on the press section on the BBC site about Chris and Dave co-hosting shows from Glastonbury this year, although I didn't see anything about the breakfast show being there.

EDIT: They are on on Saturday and Sunday - Chris and Vernon Kaye from 12-1pm and Dave and Scott Mills from 2-3pm.
By David
put Vernon with Mills. I'd like to listen to Chris and Dave, as I cant listen to Vernon without switching my radio off.
By Ste
It's prob to stop people turning off.
By Mk.
Aled - Where's Will off to now?

edit: Oh, and what did Dom say when the mikes were turned down straight after the big reveal on thursday? Congratulations on a great sequence by the way. Keep it in mind for next year's Sony Award tape methinks!
Last edited by Mk. on Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Wyatt
This means you're going to be day producer again
By Aled
Mk. wrote:Aled - Where's Will off to now?

edit: Oh, and what did Dom say when the mikes were turned down straight after the big reveal on thursday? Congratulations on a great sequence by the way. Keep it in mind for next year's Sony Award tape methinks!

Will's gone to set up online features for Radio 1 and more specifically for the show. That sounds a tad dull, but I'm not sure how much detail I'm allowed to reveal.
By Aled
Wyatt wrote:This means you're going to be day producer again

That's my new job! I've been on and off for the last couple of weeks, but start full time on Monday. So it's Rachel and me now. :D
By Aled
Want some cryptic teasers to start getting excited about?....

Stay tuned for an exciting announcement about ways of getting the Chris Moyles show internationally... we lose a team member soon (no, I'm not referring to me becoming Day Prod)... Chris and Dave may attempt something and be fish out of water... and there's an anniversary coming up soon that we're planning on honouring - it may even involve Chappers!

Enjoy.
By Dickie
No more Aled in the show then?
By Aled
Dickie wrote:No more Aled in the show then?

No, I'll be there. "Aled time" (9am onwards) will continue as will BBAled, Aled's guides and team outings.

Jocelin becomes me and Natasha joins the show permanently.
By Dickie
No more greyhead though.

It's the end of a bumbling producer era.
By Aled
Dickie wrote:No more greyhead though.

It's the end of a bumbling producer era.

I'm sorry.
By Dickie
Have you ever dipped into the sound vault Aled to hear some of the older afternoon clips?
By MC
I bet they do. I also bet Chris has downloaded that 1997 show of his linked from the home page, as he was visiting the site a lot while it was up.

Aled wrote:Will's gone to set up online features for Radio 1 and more specifically for the show. That sounds a tad dull, but I'm not sure how much detail I'm allowed to reveal.

Thats enough - the official mini site needs a fair bit of work! Hopefully nothing too good to rival this place, but its been like that for a year and a half now and is getting dull. Btw best line of the show today was Chris wishing Will good luck at Virgin.. I miss him slagging them off.

Aled wrote:Jocelin becomes me and Natasha joins the show permanently.

Will Joce be involved much on the air do you think? Not that it really matters much, as long as you have Dom around to join in the links where there would normally be four of you..

Aled wrote:Stay tuned for an exciting announcement about ways of getting the Chris Moyles show internationally... we lose a team member soon (no, I'm not referring to me becoming Day Prod)... Chris and Dave may attempt something and be fish out of water... and there's an anniversary coming up soon that we're planning on honouring - it may even involve Chappers!

So from that I presume you are taking the show abroad, Rachel or Carrie is leaving, no idea about the third one - and Chris's 8 year anniversary on Radio 1, on July 28th?

hmm..
By Ste
Greyhead BB Aled :P
By DemonHorse

Freaky... are we talking a Dr Who style regeneration here?
(just realised that was kinda done when the lovely Lizzie left)

Does this mean Jocelin and Natasha will be more involved on-air?
By fish heads
What did Natasha do before?

BTW Congratulations Aled!
By Minnie the Minx
Is it the same Natasha that has worked on Zanes show? If it is then she is lovely.
By Aled
Minnie the Minx wrote:Is it the same Natasha that has worked on Zanes show? If it is then she is lovely.

Yes it is as it happens. You'll be hard pushed to find a nicer person. If ever I get a bit stressed she's a perfect at calming me down. She's the Day BA with me.
By Aled
MC wrote:I bet they do. I also bet Chris has downloaded that 1997 show of his linked from the home page, as he was visiting the site a lot while it was up.

Aled wrote:Will's gone to set up online features for Radio 1 and more specifically for the show. That sounds a tad dull, but I'm not sure how much detail I'm allowed to reveal.

Thats enough - the official mini site needs a fair bit of work! Hopefully nothing too good to rival this place, but its been like that for a year and a half now and is getting dull. Btw best line of the show today was Chris wishing Will good luck at Virgin.. I miss him slagging them off.

Will Joce be involved much on the air do you think? Not that it really matters much, as long as you have Dom around to join in the links where there would normally be four of you..

Aled wrote:Stay tuned for an exciting announcement about ways of getting the Chris Moyles show internationally... we lose a team member soon (no, I'm not referring to me becoming Day Prod)... Chris and Dave may attempt something and be fish out of water... and there's an anniversary coming up soon that we're planning on honouring - it may even involve Chappers!

So from that I presume you are taking the show abroad, Rachel or Carrie is leaving, no idea about the third one - and Chris's 8 year anniversary on Radio 1, on July 28th?

hmm..

Dom and Carrie are still going to be around for the links. There is no audition to be the BA on the Chris Moyles show. Being breakfast it's now easier to get the best people for the job so Jocelin won hands down just over a year ago - the same with Natasha right now. I have so much respect for both of them because they're both brilliant to work with. Chris, being Chris always involves his team on air, but depending on what their personalities are, they'd get used in different ways.

I'm a gobby person with a personality that's easy to use for comedy effect, Jocelin's not like that so would probably get used in different ways. We already have 6 voices on air - it's not like there's going to be a huge gap. The bigger the show gets the more work there is to do behind the scenes - it's those skills right now that's needed rather than any more voices to get on air.

As for Will, no he's not joining online to work on coding or anything, he's looking at video projects, broadband projects, new ways of downloading shows and just working on the more production side of online content.

Thank you both!!