Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Chris
Feel free to post your questions for Aled below - maybe he'll answer them for you!

Please keep everything on topic, and keep your questions both sensible and reasonable.

ASK ALED!
Last edited by Chris on Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By fish heads
Aled,

Any chance of any more "Listen Again" only features, like the half hour you did a few months ago? It was one of the best bits of radio the team has ever done, and I would like to see something similar again but with planning this time!
By Tom Holt
can i ask, why have we started Part 4 when we were only on Page 20, when other Ask Aled thread's have gone on for up to 60 pages?
By iSeb
and soooo off topic....

Aled, what did you get up to over your break, did you go on holiday?
By Minnie the Minx
Aled, who are you rooting for to win Big Brother and how many times have you voted so far?
By Tom Holt
aled, what sort of music are you liking at the moment?
By Tweety-Pie
Aled

When is there going to be a mini-Aled like the mini-moyles?
By Nicky
Aled.... Whos fault is it when the wrong version of a song gets played? (IE; Today (Monday) when the swearing version of Avril got played)... Is it down to you or Will? Surprised nobody picked up on it :D
By Tom Holt
from what i know of radio experience, if you play a wrong version of a song, such as avril lavigne today, you shouldn't mention it. If you don't draw attention to it, chances are it'll be forgotten. anyway, i think that s**t is being played a lot now on the radio, the eamon song never had it bleeped out and theres a few more recent ones which don't bleep it out either.
By Aled
fish heads wrote:Aled,

Any chance of any more "Listen Again" only features, like the half hour you did a few months ago? It was one of the best bits of radio the team has ever done, and I would like to see something similar again but with planning this time!

It'll happen again someday. No plans yet, but that doesn't mean much, we wouldn't need much notice to do something like that. What features do you suggest? - We can't play any music.
By Aled
Sebbywood.co.uk wrote:and soooo off topic....

Went to Wales for a week, then moved into a new flat in London.
By Aled
Minnie the Minx wrote:Aled, who are you rooting for to win Big Brother and how many times have you voted so far?

Nadia. I haven't voted yet actually. I will start, probably once tomorrow night's eviction is out of the way.
By Aled
tipsydipsy999 wrote:aled, what sort of music are you liking at the moment?

Jamelia - See It In A Boys Eyes
Scissor Sisters - Laura
Rachel Stevens - Some Girls
Sugababes - Caught In A Moment
Fatboy Slim - Slash Dot Dash
By Aled
Tweety-Pie wrote:Aled

I would LOVE it. But unfortunately in the great scheme of things on the list of Radio 1 "Mini" people I'm WAY down there!! :)
By Aled
Nicky wrote:Aled.... Whos fault is it when the wrong version of a song gets played? (IE; Today (Monday) when the swearing version of Avril got played)... Is it down to you or Will? Surprised nobody picked up on it :D

Well ultimately, Will, as producer is responsible if there is something wrong on the show. If the wrong version of a song is ever played there are many reasons why it would have happened. That would really be an internal Radio 1 thing though!
By Tom Holt
Aled wrote:

so i guess you're ratless now, aled?

lol - poor aled facing such a barrage of questions at half past five in the morning!
By Aled
tipsydipsy999 wrote:
Aled wrote:

so i guess you're ratless now, aled?

lol - poor aled facing such a barrage of questions at half past five in the morning!

yes, I'm completely ratless!
By jameseuk
Aled wrote:
Nicky wrote:Aled.... Whos fault is it when the wrong version of a song gets played? (IE; Today (Monday) when the swearing version of Avril got played)... Is it down to you or Will? Surprised nobody picked up on it :D

Well ultimately, Will, as producer is responsible if there is something wrong on the show. If the wrong version of a song is ever played there are many reasons why it would have happened. That would really be an internal Radio 1 thing though!

and will will blame someone else :lol:
By Aaron
jamese wrote:oh and can you treat the nation to a mini aled on their desktop? :wink:

Before you asked, Aled wrote:

I would LOVE it. But unfortunately in the great scheme of things on the list of Radio 1 "Mini" people I'm WAY down there!! :)
By Jono
Aled do you have any plans for your birthday on Monday?
By jameseuk
Aaron wrote:
jamese wrote:oh and can you treat the nation to a mini aled on their desktop? :wink:

Before you asked, Aled wrote:

:cry: :(
By Aled
jono wrote:Aled do you have any plans for your birthday on Monday?

How do you know about my birthday? No, no plans I don't think

Thank you both!!