Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Aled
MC wrote:I heard most of Coxy's afternoon show for the first time today and I have to admit *gulp*...it was quite good.

Especially The Wonder Years which is a great feature (and not just because it's virtually all music and no Sara for 45 minutes).

It IS good. She gets a major dissing which isn't deserved. She's a lovely lovely girl, who put on listeners in her last quarter on breakfast, plus I do like her show.
By Aled
Adam wrote:Aled,

Lets be honest here - you'd rather be somewhere hot than Aberystwyth..?

Four months in - whats been your highlight of the breakfast show..?

I don't mean to be down and cast a mood on these questions but in order to avoid a barrage of why Aber questions. My gran (who I was very close to) passed away this week, so I don't want to be anywhere else. I'm here with my family. The funeral's on Wednesday.
By David
Aled wrote:
David wrote:
Adam wrote:Just also goes to show how people and critics are proven wrong. It would be safe to say that Moyles will be around for a few more years to come.

I just cant wait till the day Moyles beats Wogan, just to shut that Irish idiot up.

DL

It'll never happen. Radio 2 targets 25-45. There's many many more of those than there are 15-24s.

I wish someone would tell the press and people who say Wogan is clearly better cause he has more listeners that.
By David
Aled wrote:

I don't mean to be down and cast a mood on these questions but in order to avoid a barrage of why Aber questions. My gran (who I was very close to) passed away this week, so I don't want to be anywhere else. I'm here with my family. The funeral's on Wednesday.

Sorry to hear that Aled :(

DL
By David
Jimmy G wrote:It's a good point. But if Wogan was to retire? I struggle to thing who would replace him. I like Wogan but of the music he plays is very predictable and dull.

I seriously think Richard Allinson is a good contender. No one seems to have a bad word against him, he is witty and clever, and plays good music. He would take Radio 2 into a more modern state. However people may not like that. But Allinson appeals to all, and his music choice is fantastic.

But I like Allinson, so dont put him on at the same time as Moyles. However he is loosing is regular weekday slot now, being replaced by Mark Radcliffe.
By Aled

WAY WAY WAY too many. EastEnders set, meeting Pink, the first show, Newcastle OB in the truck, all our journeys to our OB's (Outside Broadcasts) - we all get very tired when we travel on the Thursday and things get VERY funny, and moments when we all just genuinely crease up in the studio.
By David
Your truck momments in Newcastle has to be one of my favorite momments. Going to the other radio station... hilarious.

Scott Mills on the ferry was also VERY funny. But the whole show is sounding great at the momment. Keep up the good work.
By Sidders
Aled wrote:My gran (who I was very close to) passed away this week, so I don't want to be anywhere else. I'm here with my family. The funeral's on Wednesday.

Really really sorry to hear that Aled. :cry:

All the best.
By Aaron
Me too, best wishes to you and your family.
By Bridgie
aled,

How many times have you broken the golden rule of never shagging a listener?
By B26354
where the hell did that question come from :lol:

Aled, sorry to hear about your gran.

i hope you will be the same happy, jolly, Aled we know and love when you come back
By iSeb
Aled wrote:

im sorry to hear it...
im sure everyones thoughts are with you and your family.
By JHF18
[quote="Aled]

I don't mean to be down and cast a mood on these questions but in order to avoid a barrage of why Aber questions. My gran (who I was very close to) passed away this week, so I don't want to be anywhere else. I'm here with my family. The funeral's on Wednesday.[/quote]

Hi Aled

Sorry to hear about your Gran.

I hope you and your family are ok

All the best

James
By Minnie the Minx
Sorry to hear about you gran. May she rest in peace.

*hugs*
By Aled
Bridgie wrote:aled,

ha ha

I've never slept with a listener! I've never been able to use my job as a way to pull people. I'm someone who needs to know that someone likes me and not interested because of my job.
By Aled
R.T.T wrote:where the hell did that question come from :lol:

Aled, sorry to hear about your gran.

i hope you will be the same happy, jolly, Aled we know and love when you come back

Thanks everyone. Best move on though, I'm fine. I'm already looking forward to coming back and being with the rest of the team.
By jimmy g
Aled wrote:

ha ha

I've never slept with a listener! I've never been able to use my job as a way to pull people. I'm someone who needs to know that someone likes me and not interested because of my job.

But with so many listeners now, it must be hard not to sleep with them? :wink:
Are you going to the Sony awards?
What is your favourite cake and why?
By Aled
Jimmy G wrote:
Aled wrote:

ha ha

But with so many listeners now, it must be hard not to sleep with them? :wink:
Are you going to the Sony awards?
What is your favourite cake and why?

I hope to be going to the Sony's, it's on Wednesday though so I'll see how I feel.
Jaffa - because they... taste nice?
By Uglybob
ahh but is a Jaffa a cake or a biscuit.
By B26354
Aled, what are your favourite film's of all time
By jimmy g
Uglybob wrote:ahh but is a Jaffa a cake or a biscuit.

It depends on if they go hard over time - they are legally a cake (no VAT).
By Adam
Also Jaffa Cakes are actually fairly healthly compared to their other counterparts. Hardly any fat in them. Do for me, because I eat a box everyother week..
By Sidders
I've heard you're a bit of a jaffa...

Editing gap to come for a few days.