Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Aled
Jimmy G wrote:
David wrote:yeah, Geordie Kid.

Why did he become so shy, then? He used to be on the afternoon show all the time at one point (2001 ish). Also IT bloke to Daytime BA sounds like a bit of an odd career move.

Not at all, TV, Radio and online are encouraged to mix. Some Producers from Radio 1 have gone into online recently. We're all going to be doing very similar jobs soon the way media's going.
By Minnie the Minx
Since we're on the topic of Geordie Kid, where has he gone to now?
By mungrymatt
Aled,

How long do you keep answering the phones for Car Park Catchphrase generally? The odd morning when I could play, I have to call about 10 minutes after Chris/Rachel asks for callers. Having never got through, I just wondered if I'm wasting my money?!

Cheers
By Aled
Minnie the Minx wrote:Since we're on the topic of Geordie Kid, where has he gone to now?

Back to online. He'll still be working on the show's website.
By Aled
mungrymatt wrote:Aled,

How long do you keep answering the phones for Car Park Catchphrase generally? The odd morning when I could play, I have to call about 10 minutes after Chris/Rachel asks for callers. Having never got through, I just wondered if I'm wasting my money?!

Cheers

It's completely down to the standard of callers, it has happened that the first few callers are brilliant in which case I'll settle for them on the list, other times it's like pulling teeth and I have to go through hundreds of calls to find enough to make the short list. I normally stop around 9:30. As I prep them and get as much info about them as I can.
By mungrymatt
Aled wrote:
It's completely down to the standard of callers, it has happened that the first few callers are brilliant in which case I'll settle for them on the list, other times it's like pulling teeth and I have to go through hundreds of calls to find enough to make the short list. I normally stop around 9:30. As I prep them and get as much info about them as I can.

On those odd mornings, I'd be in a bus. Fancy having a bus on carpark catchphrase?!
By Aled
mungrymatt wrote:
Aled wrote:

On those odd mornings, I'd be in a bus. Fancy having a bus on carpark catchphrase?!

Only if you could use it's horn
By mungrymatt
Of course!! I'd look a right prat in the middle of Norwich too!! Anything for the show though!!
By Moyles Fan
Aled - any chance of getting girls on the show for car park catchphrase for a change. not that todays car park catchphrase wasnt funny, but girls are funnier and better to listen to first thing in the morning
By Bridgie
Moyles Fan wrote:Aled - any chance of getting girls on the show for car park catchphrase for a change. not that todays car park catchphrase wasnt funny, but girls are funnier and better to listen to first thing in the morning

yeah because aled wouldn't have already realised that and be trying to get girls on what with it being part of his job :roll:
By Moyles Fan
point taken (i dont wanna argue for a change)

well all male carpark catchphrase 2 days in a row, hoping that will change tomorrow, how rubbish can girls be not to get on the air
By Aaron
I'm sure Chris has said on air that not many girls cal in, so I don't think it's a case of women been "rubbish".
By Moyles Fan
what was meant by that is Aled chooses the best callers to go on air
(as mentioned in this or the other thread) so if someone in Aled's opinion is "rubbish" then they won't get on air
By jimmy g
Aled - do you buy DVDs of TV shows or get them free? If you buy them, couldn't you just set your Sky+ or something?
By Uglybob
its a case in point, females are not funny... unless they are totally thick.

Apart from Victoria Wood, name a genuinely funny comic. french and saunders dont count as i dont find them funny.
By MK Chris
Jo Brand is funny.
By Bridgie
no, its just a fact that generally, callers for radio station comps/features etc are about 90% male.

meaning aled might have to be sifting through 20 mins worth of phone calls to find a decent female contestant
By Ahh_Pathetic
Topher wrote:Jo Brand is funny.

When were you castrated?
By CurlyGirl
Uglybob wrote:its a case in point, females are not funny... unless they are totally thick.

Apart from Victoria Wood, name a genuinely funny comic. french and saunders dont count as i dont find them funny.

erm just because you don't find them funny doesn't mean the rest of us don't...perhaps you just lack a sense of humour!
By Chad
Lucy Porter is funny and so are Sue Perkins and Barunka O'Shaughnessy.
By MK Chris
Ahh_Pathetic wrote:
Topher wrote:Jo Brand is funny.

When were you castrated?

Ok, yeah she does male gags, but to be fair at least she makes them funny. It's like women who like Moyles, for example.
By mungrymatt
I'm no expert, but this is probably a discussion for the Trash Can. Aled doesn't want to have to sift through all this s*** does he?
By iSeb
Question for Aled:..

What do you prefer?
Chicago Town Stuffed pizza Slices or Chicago Town Pizzas (mini pizzas)
By Adam
BBC Employees aren't allowed to accept gifts are they?

Thank you both!!