Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Emmy
Aled wrote:Golden Hour works best when you have the 'oh! LOVE this track or I haven't heard this in ages' feel. You need a whole 30 mins of a year. It works best it the audience remembers it.

That doesn't happen all that often (for me anyway) as it often seems like I have heard many of the songs quite recently purely because Chris has played them during a Golden Hour from what seems like only a few weeks ago. Personally it doesn't help that I'm not a big fan of his musical taste, so I generally only enjoy a couple of tracks from the whole hour, and those are usually from the second half (often Dave's and Dom's choices). Is there any possibility that other team members could occasionally take turns to put together the track listings for the first half hour, so that we could at least hear a wider variety of music from the same years?

Ultimately, even though I will continue to think that it would be better to play older music as part of the GH I do accept that this is highly unlikely to ever happen and it shouldn't exactly be a major issue for me or anyone else as we can always just skip through it, so I shall stop annoying you about it now Aled. :)
Sorry Aled, I misunderstood. And for the record, I like GH on the rare occasions I get to hear it.
I love the GHG and always listen to it twice (once live and then again in car off memory stick at later date).
By Aled
chrysostom wrote:Aled, see this post as to why you were right not to get the bacon tree/ham joke, and they got the joke completely wrong. Shame you got usual text/tweet stuff.

Thank you Chrysostom - I'll remember that for next time!
Afternooooon.

Are there any plans to broadcast direct from the olympic site just before or during the games?
Also will there be as much focus on the show with the paralympic games? It seems the BBC as a whole has forgotten about them.

Just an idea with Radio 1, and especially the show going with the Olympic theme as well as the big fitness push with some in the team of doing a 'Sports Day/Week' or 'Mini Olympics'. I know these have been done before like last year Carlisle with the Big Weekend and with the race around the radio 1 building and segway racing.
You could do a week of challenges within the Radio 1 office/building of miniature versions of olympic sports. Table football , archery using those kids sucky bow and arrow things just as examples.

For the sports day/week you could incorporate a race around part of the building for the 100 metres, hula hooping for gymnastics, those giant weird 'sumo' suits you can get. Just an idea.

Adios amgio.
itbe_Tyler wrote:...doing a 'Sports Day/Week' or 'Mini Olympics'.

Aled wrote:
Bas wrote:
Deadly wrote:Aled I have a suggestion for a potential feature.
Why not capitalize on the olympic games this summer by having the "Chris Moyles show sports day!"? It can be an event that fuses the traditional school sports day along with actual sports that will be at the olympics e.g hurdles or long jump. It would be great to involve some of the other radio 1 DJ's and you could even involve actual Olympic athletes past or present.

I have a better idea .
Why not buck the wearisome trend & thwart the forthcoming BBC hysteria by not mentioning the **ing Olympics on the show at all.

One of your ideas are very close to something we're doing - no prizes for guessing who!

here ya go.
itbe_Tyler wrote:
Also will there be as much focus on the show with the paralympic games? It seems the BBC as a whole has forgotten about them.

I imagine the paralympics are being slightly ignored because they're not being shown on the BBC.
By R94N
Clarkehhh wrote:
itbe_Tyler wrote:

I imagine the paralympics are being slightly ignored because they're not being shown on the BBC.

Even if they were they always seem to fade into the background in terms of mindshare which is a shame.
People (in terms of the mass, not the singular) generally don't like to be reminded of their own mortality, so although the achievements really should tower over those of us who are fully able bodied, the norm is quite the opposite.
By Aaron
Hi Aled

I don't know if this has been asked before (I went back to page 13 and couldn't see), but when is the teams next holiday? It was usually around the start of July but last year it was a little later.

Just wondering that's all!

Thanks
By Aled
Aaron wrote:Hi Aled

I don't know if this has been asked before (I went back to page 13 and couldn't see), but when is the teams next holiday? It was usually around the start of July but last year it was a little later.

Thanks

13th August - 27th August
Aled, could you post a picture of the "Office" that is mentioned a fair few times on the show, itd be interesting to see how messy/tidy people are!

if thats a stupid request just say, keep up the good work on the show!
Misfit wrote:Aled, could you post a picture of the "Office" that is mentioned a fair few times on the show, itd be interesting to see how messy/tidy people are!

if thats a stupid request just say, keep up the good work on the show!

He posted this one a couple of years ago:
</twitterstalker>
Aled wrote:13th August - 27th August

Mental note to make this week family holiday week...
Aled wrote:

Thanks

Will Chris be taking time off in september/october while he's doing the musical or have radio one management decided to let him do both at the same time?If he does get time off will Sara or Vernon be filling in with the rest of the team? I expect he'll have his usual 2 weeks off in october anyway along with the rest of the team
By Aled
chrisjames wrote:
Aled wrote:

Thanks

Will Chris be taking time off in september/october while he's doing the musical or have radio one management decided to let him do both at the same time?If he does get time off will Sara or Vernon be filling in with the rest of the team? I expect he'll have his usual 2 weeks off in october anyway along with the rest of the team

None if that has been decided yet
By Emmy
Aled, what was the real reason Chris kept claiming that there was no time to do CPC today? This clearly wasn't the truth, as there was still a good 12 minutes of the show left when he starting saying this and you quite often 'play' it within about five minutes. I'm guessing it was because you're struggling to get anyone to play it these days, is that it? You can tell us the truth, we won't tell anyone else. Promise :wink:
By Aled
Emmy wrote:Aled, what was the real reason Chris kept claiming that there was no time to do CPC today? This clearly wasn't the truth, as there was still a good 12 minutes of the show left when he starting saying this and you quite often 'play' it within about five minutes. I'm guessing it was because you're struggling to get anyone to play it these days, is that it? You can tell us the truth, we won't tell anyone else. Promise :wink:

We were absolutely drained from such a busy show and having just finished two competitions (which are stressful things).

Roy's chat however sets up what's happening in his chats over the next week so we kept that.
By Emmy
Aled wrote:
We were absolutely drained from such a busy show and having just finished two competitions (which are stressful things).

Roy's chat however sets up what's happening in his chats over the next week so we kept that.

Thanks for replying. It was quite a quiz heavy show today, but then I suppose that's always a necessary evil coming up to R1 live events.
By Aled
Deadly wrote:Hey Aled, please convince Chris it's a great idea to do more commentary for the Euro's. If he does another one I'll buy you some biscuits as a thank you.

There are talks...
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]