Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
bmstinton93 wrote:It definitely still works. I got a text read out off it once.

Thanks good to know the cynic in me wonders why it's never publicised :)
Aled.

You will probably correct me if I'm wrong. But with the undoubted success of the cameras in the studio. In the 6 week trial. On the special occasions like Chris' birthdays. The marathon show and the current chart show. Plus that 5 live seems to show a bit of streaming. Danny baker and fighting talk that I know of. (the latter 2 on a regular basis) my questions to you would be.
What chance would there be to broadcast shows permanently.
And what would the feasible workings that could make this happen. Maybe the radio channels on the freeview channel and freeaat channel 700 instead of showing the radio 1 ident. Actually show the feed. If this is not possible. Have people considered tapping into the internet streams that are on the freeview hd boxes. (i have eurosport in polish I think as a stream) To maybe take us to the radio 1 website from the freeview channel to take us to a web feed of the shows.

Cheers.
Stop writing sentences. With so many full stops in them. You don't need a full stop. Every few words or so. It's not necessary. To keep truncating your sentences. In that fashion.

(Sorry, all - had to get that out.)
I'm not normally a Daily Mail esque BBC basher. But is the Hackney Game really worth Licence Fee's payers money? What does it add to my enjoyment of listening to your show?

I do love the show btw :) This week has been good so far
By Aled
bwfcol wrote:I'm not normally a Daily Mail esque BBC basher. But is the Hackney Game really worth Licence Fee's payers money? What does it add to my enjoyment of listening to your show?

I do love the show btw :) This week has been good so far

I know this is a non-answer which sounds like I'm avoiding the question, but I've just trusted the online dept that there is a benefit. 5 games are being made, our show gets its very own so I'm not one to question it. If I suggested benefits I'd be guessing but as Listen Watch Share is our official strategy I think it'll be easier for all if we start accepting Radio 1 is no longer going to be just a passive linear audio experience.
By Aled
wireman2004 wrote:Aled.

You will probably correct me if I'm wrong. But with the undoubted success of the cameras in the studio. In the 6 week trial. On the special occasions like Chris' birthdays. The marathon show and the current chart show. Plus that 5 live seems to show a bit of streaming. Danny baker and fighting talk that I know of. (the latter 2 on a regular basis) my questions to you would be.
What chance would there be to broadcast shows permanently.
And what would the feasible workings that could make this happen. Maybe the radio channels on the freeview channel and freeaat channel 700 instead of showing the radio 1 ident. Actually show the feed. If this is not possible. Have people considered tapping into the internet streams that are on the freeview hd boxes. (i have eurosport in polish I think as a stream) To maybe take us to the radio 1 website from the freeview channel to take us to a web feed of the shows.

Cheers.

There is very little to no appetite within Radio 1 to blanket stream visuals of every show - even The Chris Moyles Show. A view I actually support. What we want is a method of catching visuals that happen randomly so for that reason all the studios (I believe) are being fitted with cameras in the new studios which we'll broadcast from at the end of the year.
By Aled
hdsport82 wrote:I didn't hear all the show today as I had a very early meeting at work but heard the bit when they are talking about text messages and whether it comes out of your contracted 'bundle and from what I heard at no point did anyone mention that there was a 07 number as well as the 81199.

It always used to be 07786 201111 I wonder just how many (if any at all) texts R1 gets from this alternate number? I don't even know if it still works. I thought about using it now the mobile site has lost it's free messaging feature.

Keep the message simple. One phone number, one website, one text number
Hi Aled, welcome back!

Do you think it was a bit disrespectful of the people in charge of the Olympic torch not to let Chris appear on stage with it. I know Chris probably isn't bothered but it doesn't seem right to me.
Deadly wrote:Hi Aled, welcome back!

Do you think it was a bit disrespectful of the people in charge of the Olympic torch not to let Chris appear on stage with it. I know Chris probably isn't bothered but it doesn't seem right to me.

As much as we like Chris Moyles (and all involved in the making of the show. :-)) He is only known for being a radio D.J (Or braodcaster, Whichever he likes to be known as) whereas Cotton ( :-( ) is more well known for being on the telly so she is a more recognisable famous face to be seen with the torch. It's all about promotion remember. We are not the only people, nee country in the world watching the 2012 olympics.
By Aled
Deadly wrote:Hi Aled, welcome back!

Yes
By DarroM
Hello Aled. I am just wondering what is the deal with Carpark Catchprhase currently because it seems that a) you don't do it every day sometimes like you used to despite having time to do so and b) the same two contestants have been on together for 3 weeks now and hate to be a pain in the ass but 3 weeks is overkill for 2 contestants and I feel a week or two tops is best. Nick has been on since you guys have come back from the Easter break 4 weeks ago and he hasn't even won an actual game since Chris does his played-out "out of time" gag all the time now. Is no one else registering now or shown any interest?

It has become a regular occurrence over the past year with contestants being on for several weeks and most of them haven't really been that interesting or entertaining in my opinion. Listening back to 2004 shows since late last year, I honestly preferred the way it was then with a different pair each day except for a few occasions where you did 2 days with a few but at least it made things fresh whereas having two contestants on for too long becomes tedious.

I feel like I am going to get the standard Dave "Who cares what you think?" response from you but I honestly enjoyed CPC up until late last year and now I don't listen to it anymore really because of the problems I have. The only good part is the banter with Roy beforehand and that's it.
By Aled
DarroM wrote:Hello Aled. I am just wondering what is the deal with Carpark Catchprhase currently because it seems that a) you don't do it every day sometimes like you used to despite having time to do so and b) the same two contestants have been on together for 3 weeks now and hate to be a pain in the ass but 3 weeks is overkill for 2 contestants and I feel a week or two tops is best. Nick has been on since you guys have come back from the Easter break 4 weeks ago and he hasn't even won an actual game since Chris does his played-out "out of time" gag all the time now. Is no one else registering now or shown any interest?

It has become a regular occurrence over the past year with contestants being on for several weeks and most of them haven't really been that interesting or entertaining in my opinion. Listening back to 2004 shows since late last year, I honestly preferred the way it was then with a different pair each day except for a few occasions where you did 2 days with a few but at least it made things fresh whereas having two contestants on for too long becomes tedious.

I feel like I am going to get the standard Dave "Who cares what you think?" response from you but I honestly enjoyed CPC up until late last year and now I don't listen to it anymore really because of the problems I have. The only good part is the banter with Roy beforehand and that's it.

How about I give the other answer: I will take your opinions on board. Genuinely.
Never trust a dog with blue eyes.
Listening to the team play the Hackney Dash is pretty dull I'm afraid in my opinion.

I much prefer a Dave game/quiz/sweepstake or random chat!

Again, I'm nit picking, the shows have been very funny this week, great 6:30 links.
Aled wrote:
hdsport82 wrote:I didn't hear all the show today as I had a very early meeting at work but heard the bit when they are talking about text messages and whether it comes out of your contracted 'bundle and from what I heard at no point did anyone mention that there was a 07 number as well as the 81199.

It always used to be 07786 201111 I wonder just how many (if any at all) texts R1 gets from this alternate number? I don't even know if it still works. I thought about using it now the mobile site has lost it's free messaging feature.

Keep the message simple. One phone number, one website, one text number

Even when it costs the listener more? I understand it's easier to get a simple short text number out there. It may just be me (and of course this not aimed at you as an individual) but it seems 'a bit off' for a public service broadcaster to have hidden numbers which could save people money. At least it used to be in the 'small print' on the website but it's not even there anymore!

Anyway I realise this won't change and is 'out of your hands' but do you know if the free message option from the mobile site is ever going to come back which gave people a (potentially) 'free' alternative without going through a third party like Facebook/Twitter?
slaphead1982 wrote:Is it me or is there just too many people on here at the minute spouting random guff about money?

Not wishing to make a generalisation, but people who whinge about the licence fee and stupid, minor gripes about features which are virtually irrelevant are, to put it mildly, thick as pigshit. I genuinely feel for people at the BBC who's job it is to respond to people like that, they must have the patience of a saint. I couldn't do it, I honestly couldn't.