Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
Aled wrote:
Tico987 wrote:How about releasing a DVD with the whole of the Marathon for Comic relief (minus the songs presumably) - 3 or 4 discs I'd imagine...£20 and the proceeds go to next years Comic Relief?

I watched as much as that as I possibly could but there were some bits I couldn't (work, sleep etc.)

I'd love to be able to watch it all again as it happened.

The number of hurdles you'd need to jump would make it not worth the fight!

Especially as BBC Worldwide would need to release it - and that's a separate company to us, it's not something I could make happen because I don't work for BBC Worldwide.

The non Worldwide corporation can't sell anything. We're licence fee funded only. Even if proceeds went to Comic Relief

Ah that's a shame. I didn't realise the politics involved in things like this! Thanks for the reply anyway and keep up all of the great stuff over the last few shows. Brilliant as ever.

P.S. Any chance we can just forget that you lot are leaving and just carry on as normal and barricade Grimmy out of the studio?! :D
James H wrote:
Tico987 wrote:How about releasing a DVD with the whole of the Marathon for Comic relief (minus the songs presumably) - 3 or 4 discs I'd imagine...£20 and the proceeds go to next years Comic Relief?

I watched as much as that as I possibly could but there were some bits I couldn't (work, sleep etc.)

I'd love to be able to watch it all again as it happened.

I have a copy of the entire marathon show red button feed. It's about 11GB but I can send you the download link via pm if you want, same goes to anyone else on here! :)

If you could that would be smashing! Might be the straw that finally sends my laptop to an early grave...but please if you don't mind!

Thanks very much!
Totally off topic Aled, but thank you for being so accurate in your punctuation and spelling throughout all your posts; it really does mean a lot to me. :D

I'm a fussy old bint. (and way over the R1 age range ;-)).
By nade
Hi Aled,

I've been wondering if you had personally planned any prank type thing to play on the team as the last couple weeks are coming. I realise tomorrow is Friday and there won't be any Roy Walker time. But one thought I had was it would brilliant if you somehow managed to switch the Roy clip saying "No, you're wrong. Bye bye." To a clip of Roy saying "Well done you're riiiiiiight" ?

I'd love to hear the gang's reaction but the only thing is i suspect the length of the clip might be shown on system and Chris might spot the change before playing it.

Want to join everyone else's comments in saying I'm loving the shows and really gonna miss everyone (but to a lesser extent Matt Fincham) once you're finished. :(
Aled,

No questions from me, just wanted to say that I appreciate the efforts you're making by answering questions here, as well as asking for thoughts and opinions during what must be a very busy / difficult / emotional time for you and the rest of the team.

It can't be easy right now, especially as everyone wants to know what the future plans are and it must get annoying & frustrating for all of you with so much speculation all across t'internet.

I'm loving the montages this week, they serve as a great reminder of how great the last 8 1/2 years have been. I would defy anyone to get up at such an unearthly time of day, every weekday for so long and still deliver consistent and entertaining radio.

Well done to you and the whole team, best of luck with all your future endeavors and thanks for entertaining us. 6:30 - 10:00 will never sound the same again :(

Andy.
By Aled
andy23 wrote:Aled,

No questions from me, just wanted to say that I appreciate the efforts you're making by answering questions here, as well as asking for thoughts and opinions during what must be a very busy / difficult / emotional time for you and the rest of the team.

It can't be easy right now, especially as everyone wants to know what the future plans are and it must get annoying & frustrating for all of you with so much speculation all across t'internet.

I'm loving the montages this week, they serve as a great reminder of how great the last 8 1/2 years have been. I would defy anyone to get up at such an unearthly time of day, every weekday for so long and still deliver consistent and entertaining radio.

Well done to you and the whole team, best of luck with all your future endeavors and thanks for entertaining us. 6:30 - 10:00 will never sound the same again :(

Andy.

Thank you Andy. I'll pass your comments on to the team.
No time on the shows for new stuff I imagine....but have you Guys seen this:

Think Chris will like it (and maybe you). Apparently Justin Bieber's artist is going to sign him up to sell him to a Western market which is a bit nuts.
Hey Aled

First the last weeks of shows where really good

1) Do you feel proud that Matt who worked under you for so long has managed to be the next producer of the breakfast show ?
2) Who's been your favorite regular guest/friend of the show over the years?
Hi Aled,

I really hope you read this and are able to reply.

As we all know Radio 1 is moving to Broadcasting house within the next few months and I was wondering if you know whats happening to the building when they move out?

Will the BBC sell the building?

Will they open it up for tours or some other money making idea?

Keep all the equipment and move some other station into it?

I really hope you do a competition like from the Radio 1 access all areas event a few years back where you had a small group come into see the Radio 1 studios in action, would love to see it!

Hopefully you reply as I would really love to know whats gonna happen to the building.

-Steve
Don't rise to it Stephen, Ben's just being a bit of a Bedford here. (search being a Bedford for the meaning of that one). I thought it was a decent post you placed. Ben, Stop being a prick to the newbs.
Have keyboard, will be *.
Benjamins motto in life.

Wednesday and Thursday are up (Tuesday needs a fix[…]