Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
Topher wrote:Aled - who decides the precedence of Newsbeat stories? The reason I ask is that the headlines today were: Adele being cut off at the Brits - two or three soundbites, lots of time (given the overall length of the news bulletin) given to this story; then 'in other news', over a hundred people have been killed in the latest round of violence in Syria. Now I know that what happened to Adele last night was clearly an unmitigated * up by the Brits and / or ITV and shouldn't have happened, but does it warrant being top of the Newsbeat headlines ahead of hundreds of people being killed in Syria? I mean I know the Syria situation has been ongoing for a while, but to me it's surely a far more important story than Adele not being able to finish her acceptance speech.

http://www.unofficialmills.co.uk/commun ... post396939
By Aled
itbe_Tyler wrote:What's your opinion on the Scott & Gregg swap. And the replacement of Tom Deacon on Sundays for the new request show?

It would hardly be professional of me to comment on Radio 1 changes, don't you think?
Deadly are you confusing Aled with Scott Mills...?
Deadly wrote:Hi Aled, I am going to watch David Hasselhoff at the O2 on Friday in his one man show. Are you very jealous?

I hope they're paying you to go.
Deadly wrote:
Yudster wrote:Deadly are you confusing Aled with Scott Mills...?

No I just think it's a natural reaction for any human to be jealous of someone seeing the Hoff up close and personal.

I think you may be getting your species muddled up.
Nicola_Red wrote:
Deadly wrote:Hi Aled, I am going to watch David Hasselhoff at the O2 on Friday in his one man show. Are you very jealous?

£65 it cost me to get front row. I might get to touch him.
bmstinton93 wrote:Eating my own puke
Being kicked in the balls repeatedly
Spending a night locked in a room with Badger
Eating my own testicles

Need I go on?

Are you honestly saying you wouldn't want to be there live to hear the story about how he is responsible for the fall of the Berlin wall?

Plus a night with a badger could be quite fun if you treat it right.
At the risk of being accused of rampant hypocrisy, let's at least try to stay on topic in this thread please :)
Nicola_Red wrote:

Nicola_Red wrote:At the risk of being accused of rampant hypocrisy, let's at least try to stay on topic in this thread please :)

Couldn't say I'd noticed.

------------------------

So Aled, what do you make of Rampant Hypocrisy? Pretty underrated I think. Should get them in the Live Lounge.
Aled,

I saw the BBC news report on the newly named Peel Wing at Broadcasting House. It said Radio 1 and it's staff were due to move to BH in the autumn, is this true, have you a set date, and have you yet started making plans for any final show/first show events?