Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
Emmy wrote:I've already posted this in the 'This week, too many guests?' thread, but I thought there'd be more chance of you seeing and responding to the question here. I immediately started thinking about what else I could listen to this week when I heard you state all the guests coming up over this week, as I'm really not a fan of them on the show, and I know I'm not alone in this. I don't understand why you overload on guests some weeks (like this one) when you must know that there's a proportion of listeners who much prefer the show on days without guests. And why on earth is there a need to have two guests on during one show? That's really pushing it.

Luckily we all have differing opinions. You must know there's a proportion of listeners who much prefer the show on days with guests?!!!

Well handled, Al.

Yudster wrote: its easy to fall into the habit of forgetting that you are talking to a real person when you are doing it online.

Yeah, isn't it - some people are just hell bent on inflicting a bad mood on others. Can't think of anyone who does that tho..? Eh, Yuds?! :wink:
I think Emmy may have just phrased her question in a bit of a confrontational way - I don't think there's anything wrong with the question itself, although it's probably fairly predictable that the answer would just be something about when guests are free to come in and them all having stuff to promote at similar times of year etc.
By Emmy
Aled wrote:
Emmy wrote:I've already posted this in the 'This week, too many guests?' thread, but I thought there'd be more chance of you seeing and responding to the question here. I immediately started thinking about what else I could listen to this week when I heard you state all the guests coming up over this week, as I'm really not a fan of them on the show, and I know I'm not alone in this. I don't understand why you overload on guests some weeks (like this one) when you must know that there's a proportion of listeners who much prefer the show on days without guests. And why on earth is there a need to have two guests on during one show? That's really pushing it.

I'm sorry Emma, as interesting as your question is I really don't like your tone. I find you overly antagonistic, especially as you're asking me a question. I'm not answering your questions

If you chose to take it that way then so be it. Problem solved now anyway, as I can listen to Chris' second extra show from today during the next few mornings instead. Major crisis averted.
theflyingbadger wrote:Emmy's a bloke.

I think...

Oh, okay. Weird then that he didn't take offence to Aled mistakenly addressing him as 'Emma'...

anyway, enough of this. The rules of this section state that Aled will choose which questions he wishes to answer, so he's perfectly entitled to choose not to answer that one, we don't need to dwell on it.
By Emmy
DevilsDuck wrote:Uh oh! Aled owned you, you can't save face by being stubborn.

I wasn't aware that Aled had bought and then sold me again after a short period of time. It must have been a very short 'owning' period.

Funnily enough, I'm really not interested in what you or anyone else has to say about this. As I've already said, it would be pointless (not to mention very insincere of me) to me say sorry when I don't honestly feel there's any reason for me to do so, and therefore wouldn't mean the apology. No amount of taunting from the self-appointed moral police is going to make me change my mind. I shall end my comments on the matter here, otherwise we will only end up going around in circles and pulling the thread further off topic.

Edit-I see Nicola has said much the same about leaving it here, so I am at least in agreement with somebody on something.

Also, I am a either a man or a woman.
Emmy wrote:
DevilsDuck wrote:Uh oh! Aled owned you, you can't save face by being stubborn.

I wasn't aware that Aled had bought and then sold me again after a short period of time. It must have been a very short 'owning' period.

Funnily enough, I'm really not interested in what you or anyone else has to say about this. As I've already said, it would be pointless (not to mention very insincere of me) to me say sorry when I don't honestly feel there's any reason for me to do so, and therefore wouldn't mean the apology. No amount of taunting from the self-appointed moral police is going to make me change my mind. I shall end my comments on the matter here, otherwise we will only end up going around in circles and pulling the thread further off topic.

Awww don't be a spoil sport, you looked silly and it made me smile. Don't be grumpy about it
Emmy wrote:Also, I am a either a man or a woman.

I like this sentence.
Aled, do you keep an archive of the Golden Hour tracklistings?

The old running orders from 08 to 09 were perfect, but they got replaced with the built in BBC programme system.

I ask because I'm trying to resurrect an old hobby-project of mine from a couple of years ago to catalogue all the golden hour songs. Massively geeky and doesn't serve much purpose but I find it a nice little way to stretch my web dev muscles. I got this far before I stopped last time: http://9till10.co.uk/

Cheers! :)
Last edited by James H on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was a bit surprised and dissappointed to hear you make references to chavs on todays show Aled. I don't know if you realise but CHav stands for 'council housed and violent' , implying that anyone who lives in a council house is a violent thug. I hope you realise that it m ight have offended quite lot of listeners who live in council houses and are perfectly decent people.I know you wouldn't have wanted to delibarately offend anyone and wouldn't have used the word if you thought it did
Oh please.
chrisjames wrote:I was a bit surprised and dissappointed to hear you make references to chavs on todays show Aled. I don't know if you realise but CHav stands for 'council housed and violent' , implying that anyone who lives in a council house is a violent thug. I hope you realise that it m ight have offended quite lot of listeners who live in council houses and are perfectly decent people.I know you wouldn't have wanted to delibarately offend anyone and wouldn't have used the word if you thought it did

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/
By G-Sizzle
chrisjames wrote:please what?

I can assure you that Chav does not mean "council housed and violent". The term "Chavvy" has been used for decades to describe kids, the word Chav has come from that and is now used to describe a group of kids that were described as "townies" in the 90s.

The "council housed and violent" acronym has been constructed specifically to fit the word Chav. Just like ford doesn't stand for "first on race days" and adidas doesn't stand for "all day I dream about sport"
chrisjames wrote:I was a bit surprised and dissappointed to hear you make references to chavs on todays show Aled. I don't know if you realise but CHav stands for 'council housed and violent' , implying that anyone who lives in a council house is a violent thug. I hope you realise that it m ight have offended quite lot of listeners who live in council houses and are perfectly decent people.I know you wouldn't have wanted to delibarately offend anyone and wouldn't have used the word if you thought it did

"THINK OF THE CHILDREN" It's a line from the Simpsons. It's from a character who over reacts to everything.
G-Sizzle wrote:
chrisjames wrote:please what?

I can assure you that Chav does not mean "council housed and violent". The term "Chavvy" has been used for decades to describe kids, the word Chav has come from that and is now used to describe a group of kids that were described as "townies" in the 90s.

The "council housed and violent" acronym has been constructed specifically to fit the word Chav. Just like ford doesn't stand for "first on race days" and adidas doesn't stand for "all day I dream about sport"

Exactly! See here for more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backronym