Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Aled
jamiec21 wrote:Aled, have you got anything planned for Chris' 15th anniversary at Radio 1 in July? Was just going through some old shows and it seems you weren't on the air for his 10th anniversary in 2007, so you missed out on the chance for a special show.

No, I'm sure it'll get mentioned on the day but it's not something we'd want to go big on I don't think
Bit of an odd one, but seeing as Drake is such a popular artist - how come he's not really been played on the breakfast show?

(I only ask as a colleague was talking about a Drake song, and I realised I've never heard any of his material...)
Aled quick question what has been the most favourite show or funniest over the years?
By Aled
chrysostom wrote:Bit of an odd one, but seeing as Drake is such a popular artist - how come he's not really been played on the breakfast show?

(I only ask as a colleague was talking about a Drake song, and I realised I've never heard any of his material...)

He hasn't been one of the key Radio 1 artists that we've played a lot on the show but I'm sure we have played him. I'll check to be sure
By Aled
yummytummy wrote:Aled quick question what has been the most favourite show or funniest over the years?

For me personally I could create a list of 30! If I had to pick one it would have to be the Marathon Show
Hi Aled,

Something thats been bugging me a bit recently - the strings and backing track Plan B's new single Ill Manors is almost entirely taken from another record. Given that Chris raves about how brilliant it is, any chance you could give Peter Fox some credit for his original ("Alles Neu") in the same way as you did when you showed where the samples in Duck Sauce's Barbra Streisand record originated from?

Jopi x
Aled wrote:
Deadly wrote:Any plans for another focus group?

No, not yet. We're still working our way through the last set of ideas, and in any case we have our show mapped out up to Septemeber.

Wow you are efficient! Have a Jaffa Cake.
Aled wrote:

No, not yet. We're still working our way through the last set of ideas, and in any case we have our show mapped out up to Septemeber.

Haven't you read the Daily Mail? Surely Chris will be sacked WAY before September...!
By Aled
Yudster wrote:
Aled wrote:

Haven't you read the Daily Mail? Surely Chris will be sacked WAY before September...!

We're doing the last show from their offices in fact
Aled wrote:
Yudster wrote:
Aled wrote:No, not yet. We're still working our way through the last set of ideas, and in any case we have our show mapped out up to Septemeber.

We're doing the last show from their offices in fact

I'm not a violent person but please can each of you punch Richard Littlejohn in his head?
Aled can I ask about last nights night out.Was it arranged by radio one management tohelp ease any tensions caused by the schedule changes? Also does the license payer pay for these kind of things or do you have to pay for it yourselves?
Work functions to help build team morale should be the financial responsibility of the company in my opinion (or at least the Manager).

Seeing as the BBC is funded primarily by the license fee, I think it should be partially paid for by the income the license fee generates. In the same way that the license fee payer pays for the toilet paper which cleans their behinds.
On the podcast they say who the guest's are going to be next week and they mention david tennant. I just looked for the guests next week on the website and he is not mentioned but Holly Willoughby is instead but she is not mentioned on the podcast

Is it a mistake or is he going to be on as huge fan
By Aled
chrisjames wrote:Aled can I ask about last nights night out.Was it arranged by radio one management tohelp ease any tensions caused by the schedule changes? Also does the license payer pay for these kind of things or do you have to pay for it yourselves?

Laura and I came up with the idea, and Matt kindly arranged it. Every drop that was drunk was paid for by those that were out that night - not one penny of the licence fee was spent on the alcohol in any way! Don't worry :)
By Aled
yummytummy wrote:On the podcast they say who the guest's are going to be next week and they mention david tennant. I just looked for the guests next week on the website and he is not mentioned but Holly Willoughby is instead but she is not mentioned on the podcast

David Tennant is coming in on Wednesday :) yay!

I didn't mention Friday because in my mind Podcasts run Friday - Thursday so thought i'd be cruel to mention a guest that won't be on next week's podcast
Aled wrote:
yummytummy wrote:On the podcast they say who the guest's are going to be next week and they mention david tennant. I just looked for the guests next week on the website and he is not mentioned but Holly Willoughby is instead but she is not mentioned on the podcast

David Tennant is coming in on Wednesday :) yay!

I didn't mention Friday because in my mind Podcasts run Friday - Thursday so thought i'd be cruel to mention a guest that won't be on next week's podcast

Is that when Lord Sugar is coming in aswell? So two guests that day?
Aled wrote:
chrisjames wrote:Aled can I ask about last nights night out.Was it arranged by radio one management tohelp ease any tensions caused by the schedule changes? Also does the license payer pay for these kind of things or do you have to pay for it yourselves?

Laura and I came up with the idea, and Matt kindly arranged it. Every drop that was drunk was paid for by those that were out that night - not one penny of the licence fee was spent on the alcohol in any way! Don't worry :)

Phew.That's a relief,because I know how much Fearne drinks!
By Emmy
I've already posted this in the 'This week, too many guests?' thread, but I thought there'd be more chance of you seeing and responding to the question here. I immediately started thinking about what else I could listen to this week when I heard you state all the guests coming up over this week, as I'm really not a fan of them on the show, and I know I'm not alone in this. I don't understand why you overload on guests some weeks (like this one) when you must know that there's a proportion of listeners who much prefer the show on days without guests. And why on earth is there a need to have two guests on during one show? That's really pushing it.
By Aled
Emmy wrote:I've already posted this in the 'This week, too many guests?' thread, but I thought there'd be more chance of you seeing and responding to the question here. I immediately started thinking about what else I could listen to this week when I heard you state all the guests coming up over this week, as I'm really not a fan of them on the show, and I know I'm not alone in this. I don't understand why you overload on guests some weeks (like this one) when you must know that there's a proportion of listeners who much prefer the show on days without guests. And why on earth is there a need to have two guests on during one show? That's really pushing it.

I'm sorry Emma, as interesting as your question is I really don't like your tone. I find you overly antagonistic, especially as you're asking me a question. I'm not answering your questions
bmstinton93 wrote:I love you Aled!

This is one of those rare moments when I am in 100% agreement with Ben Stinton! I was listening to the discussion of the Richard Bacon documentary during the opening link this morning. I thought it was excellent and your answer there made me think in those terms - ie that if someone accosted you with a question in a tone that you didn't appreciate in person, you'd be unlikely to respond positively. So why feel the need to do so on here?

I'm sure Emmy didn't mean to come across in that way, but its easy to fall into the habit of forgetting that you are talking to a real person when you are doing it online. As it were. Anyway, something to think about.