Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Bas
Deadly wrote:Is Matt's leaving a mutual decision or is it purely his? I know Chris jokingly picks on him and says he is rubbish at his job etc but more recently he has sounded like he actually meant it.

He'd hardly get a promotion ( which i think this is) if he was crap at his job.... :-? ...wait a minute though, i forgot this is the BBC we're talking about. :D
jamiec21 wrote:
Deadly wrote:Is Matt's leaving a mutual decision or is it purely his? I know Chris jokingly picks on him and says he is rubbish at his job etc but more recently he has sounded like he actually meant it.

You don't really expect Aled to reveal something like that on a public forum, do you?

Well I am not asking for any intimate details on meetings/discussions etc I am just interested if both parties thought the time was right to move on or if it was down to him.

But no I don't expect Aled to answer and would respect his choice if he doesn't want to.
**titters**

Yes, Matt has been promoted to produce another show due to his outstanding incompetence on tCMS....

I mean, honestly, do you ask these questions out loud to yourself before posting on 'ere...?!
I am loathe to post on this thread unless I am asking Aled a question, but I will make an exception here. I don't like jumping on people just because they ask ALED a question you don't like or think Aled won't answer.

If someone asks a question isn't that between them and Aled? The questions don't have to be vetted by us first. Can't we just leave it to Aled to answer what he wants and the rest of us just mind our own business?
Aled wrote:We have a replacement for Dave next week

Oh NO, it's Olly Murs again isn't it? *groans*
Really?

Someone you know is promoted, and someone else asks "is that 'cos he/she is bad at job?"...? And that doesn't immediately single them out as a right dipstick?!!!

I can't help it, I'm a father... When faced with stupidity which you know is down to a lack of thought and nothing more, you give enough information for that person to re-think their statement/question/actions and wait for the cogs to kick in on the old think-box.
Nicola_Red wrote:

oh god it better be Olly Murs. That would definitely cheer me up. How does he always stay so happy?
bmstinton93 wrote: How does he always stay so happy?

Goes online to check his balance....
Travis Bickle wrote:If someone asks a question isn't that between them and Aled? The questions don't have to be vetted by us first. Can't we just leave it to Aled to answer what he wants and the rest of us just mind our own business?

The fact that the questions are for Aled doesn't stop this being a public forum, the whole point of which is to read and contribute to. Pointing out that someone has said something a bit daft is what happens on forums. Fora. Forums? CHARLALOTTIE!!!!
Nicola_Red wrote:

I am with you on that, if it is Olly then for me it will be Sim Courtie on BFBS radio for me till Chris and the gang are back together.
chrisjames wrote:Is dave's replacement next week Matt? It's his last week after all, so would be good way of saying goodbye to him!

I like that idea.
Travis Bickle wrote:I am loathe to post on this thread unless I am asking Aled a question, but I will make an exception here. I don't like jumping on people just because they ask ALED a question you don't like or think Aled won't answer.

If someone asks a question isn't that between them and Aled? The questions don't have to be vetted by us first. Can't we just leave it to Aled to answer what he wants and the rest of us just mind our own business?

Yeah agreed. I asked the question in the hope Aled answers, not in expectation.

What is wrong with asking if Matt left by mutual consent? I am not saying he is bad at his job at all, I like Matt, I am meerly wondering if it was a decision made between he and the rest of the team or if he was offered the slot outright and accepted it.
Not once did I say Matt was bad at his job as I wouldn't know either way so wind your necks in.
Aled. On average how many emails does the chris.moyles@bbc.co.uk address get these days?
I just wondered as with all the other ways to contact the show is the email becoming a thing of the past for a way to contact you guys?

Been listening back to some old shows and that was always the way ask you guys a question (or so I thought).

I did once, to ask about a podcast I missed.

Nobody answered me back, bad times :(

Found this lovely place as a result, good times? :?
dimtimjim wrote:I like turtles.

I had a little turtle , his name was dimtimjim, i put him in the bath tub to see if he could swim.

He drank up all the water, he ate up all the soap... But now my little turtle has a bubble in his throat.

Bubble

Bubble

Bubble

*Pop*
That was beautiful Ducky, thanks. Funny the talents people have which you don't know about...
Its Saturday. The very most you have to wait is until early Monday morning - calm down!
By Aled
gabbie wrote:Hello Aled!

Ive always wondered, does 'Ive just eaten a whole packet of Tofos' mean to move on from the link? Ive always noticed it, even when I was in the car to school!

I don't know actually. Now that you've pointed it out to me I'll pay close attention to the next time it's used!