Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Aled
Thanks everyone. Much appreciated. I can't believe how amazing the reaction has been. I've not experienced anything like it since the Marathon show.

I think It's beyond doubt that Chris achieved leaving on a high because this feels like quite a high - and that's an incredible legacy. You guys here played a very important role in that - and I'm very grateful to you for that!

I have a feeling though this isn't that last Chris, myself and you lot will be working together :) for a start there's the Chris Moyles Live Tour!
Oh Aled, don't tease us/give us false hope!

I'm at the Manchester for the tour, can't wait!

The last shows were brilliant as were everything you ever did on the show, I'm going to miss it so much!
Thanks for everything!
Last edited by bwfcol on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aled wrote:Thanks everyone. Much appreciated. I can't believe how amazing the reaction has been. I've not experienced anything like it since the Marathon show.

I think It's beyond doubt that Chris achieved leaving on a high because this feels like quite a high - and that's an incredible legacy. You guys here played a very important role in that - and I'm very grateful to you for that!

I have a feeling though this isn't that last Chris, myself and you lot will be working together :) for a start there's the Chris Moyles Live Tour!

I love it when you're slightly cryptic! Got my tour ticket today for the Shepherds Bush show and I'm very excited about watching it.

All the best
Aled wrote:I have a feeling though this isn't that last Chris, myself and you lot will be working together :) for a start there's the Chris Moyles Live Tour!

Yay, that definitely answers my question of whether you'll be there on the tour :) Will every one of the team appear too? Got my ticket for Liverpool this morning and I can't wait, it definitely softened the blow slightly from the thought that there's no more shows.
Well done on everything also, these last few shows couldn't have been more perfect :)
Hi Aled,

I tried tweeting this earlier but in amongst several hundred thousand others it never had much chance.

10 years ago I was in a friend's car and they had your show playing, it was the first time I'd ever heard anything Moyles related and I was immediately hooked. Within a few months I started doing hospital radio at the age of 12, and have ever since strived to make a career in broadcasting inspired entirely by the show. Years on I am working in a radio newsroom and football commentating for local radio, and I wanted to thank you for being that inspiration that set the wheels in motion, the humour and laid back nature of the show is what makes its genius but it really does make a difference to millions of people.

Thanks and look forward to hearing you again :)
By jdog55
Aled wrote:Thanks everyone. Much appreciated. I can't believe how amazing the reaction has been. I've not experienced anything like it since the Marathon show.

Please say Dave will be involved with any future plans the show may have! Would love Dom to be involved too but thats seems increasingly unlikely. Would love the tour to come to Northern Ireland, are there any plans to expand the tour if it goes well?
I would just like to add my extreme congratulations to all involved in such a brilliant end to the the Chris Moyles show.
It was a brilliant final 5 minutes and an excellent final show all round. Well done Aled. Well done all. I lasted till the final song till I blubbed. I have never listened to a radio show that could make me do that and that will never happen again. You as a team or a part of history. Not just radio but cultural history. Roy Walker is not the only living legend to arise from the show. You all are.
Aled did a little Q&A on Twitter this morning so I thought I'd post it here, just for those who don't follow him on Twitter, to avoid any repeat questions popping up. Some of them have already been answered here, but y'know.

“@michaeldavies26: @ahj would you change anything if you could have your time on the @chrismoylesshow again? #AskAled” absolutely not :)

“@ChrisMoy1989: @ahj do you think the show has been shown enough respect by bbc considering its' success?”
Yes had a 2 month goodbye. Huge

“@seanbennett_: @ahj #AskAled Do you think the radio 1 breakfast show will ever see listening figures that big again?”
No

“@stephenmehigan: @ahj #AskAled ate dave and Tina a couple???”
No. #random

“@annmills1: @ahj #askaAled Will any of you be writing a 'warts and all' book about your 8 years together? x”
yes :)

“@doyboy81: @ahj realistically, do you think grimmy will get as many listeners?”
It's not about number now, it's about losing the older ones

“@markandrew18: @ahj do you think the beeb has done the right thing? #askaled”
they had to to fit the brief by the BBC Trust

“@JOELIZTOY: @ahj #AskAled will u produce another show on R1”
I need to come off shows for a while. I'm going to work on pan R1 projects

“@Mosschops76: @ahj will you all be on the tour with Chris????”
I hope to be making an appearance to say hi yes

“@neilh1983: @ahj do you think you will all work together again? #askaled”
I hope so, one day.

“@AJE2003: @ahj #AskAled Was the Chris Moyles Show a spring board to where you want to go/achieve?”
No with the show I achieved it

“@Samu3lBH: @ahj #AskAled what are you doing now the chris moyles show has ended?”
I'm taking the rest of the year off producing to chill

“@BarryLowes: @ahj #AskAled have all the team got other things to go to other than chris”
we've focused on the last few shows now we decide

“@tom_cooksley: @ahj #AskAled when is the Chris moyles show returning”
the team won't be. I'm waiting to find out from Chris if he will.

“@madlou71: @ahj #AskAled how much did you cry after?!”
Very weirdly none of us did. It felt like a celebration. May hit us today or Mon tho

“@sammilove78: @ahj Are you still going to be doing The Surgery? X”
yes still doing The Surgery from this Sunday onwards. No change there
You would. Seriously, I logged onto facebook this evening to upload my photos from Thu and it was such a depressing experience, it reminded me exactly why I don't use it anymore. The constant harassment to tag people in photos, the horrible adverts - ugh. Twitter is just so much better.
Nicola_Red wrote:“@doyboy81: @ahj realistically, do you think grimmy will get as many listeners?”
It's not about number now, it's about losing the older ones

I might be reading too much into things but the clause I've highlighted in bold seems hugely telling.

As a staunch defender of the BBC it pains me to say how badly thought out this situation is. Instead of looking to cater to the masses who pay the license fee, the BBC Trust have instructed Radio 1 to cater to a younger audience, seemingly (especially from the Tweet above) irregardless of overall listener figures. To me at least, this seems like a joke. What has Grimshaw done to deserve this slot beyond simply being young? He's got no personality, no genuine USP and the fact he was headhunted from T4 should tell more than enough.
By les
Hi Aled, I listened to the final show live, and have since, thanks to this site, watched the red button footage. Firstly can I say the show will be sadly missed, and how much of a fabtastic team you all are to be able to give so much entertainment, and enjoyment to the UK's early risers. As this is ask Aled :) I would love to know what aspects of your roll on the show you enjoyed the most, and why?

Thank you both!!