Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
I saw that Q&A, I particularly found the bit about writing a book interesting - keep us posted Aled!
bwfcol wrote:Will the next set of RAJAR figures see an increase in listeners for the final few months of the show?

No. One of the news reports in the last couple of days mentioned that listeners figures had fallen further.
By Chris
Aled on Twitter wrote:RT @seansines: @ahj has Matt Fincham been unbearable since taking over your job? ;-) #AskAled - yes, but still love him really! :)

RT @peteroebuck: @ahj #AskAled Hi Aled aswell as yourself r any other members of the team joining live shows w chris - @DomisaTwit will be

RT @reecehockley: @ahj #AskAled You probably got this allot .. But r u going produce another show on the station soon? - No pan R1 projects

RT @Dadyougeek: @ahj How much production audio did you download to keep as memory of the show etc??? /? #AskAled - All of it :)

RT @Issy_Sarah: @ahj Are u & Mollie from the saturdays still friends? #askaled :) - yes

RT @_Hassyy: @ahj what is it like hosting the surgery? #askaled - honestly a dream job

RT @alanharrop: @ahj aled will chris and the team fill in for ferne when having the baby #askaled - No, @SarajCox will be

RT @C_Kay: @ahj do u, like me, think the show ended a year or so too early? #AskAled - I'd have loved more, but understand why now was right

RT @aubre_y: Hi @ahj #AskAled what is your best memory from the Chris moyles show? :)- SO SO many. The Goodbye Show was v special!

RT @LaurenDean90: @ahj do you think you'll work on any other prime time shows for radio one? #AskAled - If I'm asked in the future, yes

RT @Clare_McFly: @ahj will star boy be released on itunes? #askaled - I wish it would

RT @JonathonMarx: @ahj How can I go about booking you for Freshers? #AskAled - lol, Contact @hyper_agency

RT @_bitemehobbit: @ahj will you ever DJ Sonewhere under eighteen? #AskAled x - Done a few. Love them no alcohol, more dancing

RT @FootballMad_x: @ahj #AskAled Would you like a Chris Moyles Show Reunion in the future? - absolutely!

RT @johnnyseifert: @ahj #askaled will u come to DJ at Birmingham/Birmingham City university please!!! - Sure - invite me

RT @milefromhome: @ahj do u run the @tcms2r1 that chris subscribed to a while back ? #askaled - it was an account used for private TwitCast

RT @Ravenatic: @ahj #askaled do you need a new presenter / assisting producer? :P - I need a show first!

RT @garrypontin: @ahj are te team still all in contact #AskAled - not yet but we will be

RT @AlexLuckins: @ahj #AskAled You coming back to aber union to DJ this year? - If I'm asked - yes!

RT @Stewpot: @ahj #AskAled What effect has Twitter had on ur life both professionally and personally?-love it-never spoken to so many people

RT @_TravisBickle: @ahj Do you have a favourite era/year of TCMS? #AskAled - The first Rallyoke for Comic Relief or Portugal-it was all new

RT @FreyaLast: @ahj what is your favourite biscuit? #AskAled - Anything Freya Last buys me

RT @matthewjmarsden: @ahj in your goodbye song it says u might be back. Will u be back on in the mornins #askaled #teamchrismoyles - No

RT @Nibsy_A: @ahj#askAled Aled how can i get hold of Chris Moyles Radio 1 DJ card - stay tuned - I might let you know during the week

RT @Boyzoneminx: @ahj aled are you going to see chris at Jesus Christ? #askaled - yes this Sat I think

RT @hazwilliams1: @ahj what do/will u miss most about the Chris moyles show? #askaled - the listeners. No other show will have the passion!

RT @Martin_Walker: @ahj Do u expect Chris to be back on national radio in this country in next 6 months? #askaled - I honestly don't know

RT @ajords1: @ahj are you looking to focus more on TV stuff now? #AskAled - I'll be talking to people but 3 months is quite limited

RT @gilera_chic: @ahj did you wake up at silly o'clock this morning? #AskAled - 7am when Emile got up!

RT @benpunter: Hi @ahj #AskAled What was your most least Fav feature of the Chris Moyles Show? - lol it took me a while to like GoldenHour

RT @OfficialJayLees: @ahj any ideas of who you are going to produce next? #AledForExec #AskAled #TeamMoyles - I hope it'll be Chris

RT @Jacz2202: @ahj #askaled will you be at Chris Moyles live events? - Yes

RT @Craiguf: @ahj are you going to be giving away jingles or anything from the show? #askaled - Love to but don't know how to do it fairly

RT @_siMan__: How are you? #AskAled - a little sad, but very excited about the next few months

RT @justaswifty: @ahj #AskAled Who would have been your dream guest on the show? X - that we didn't get? @LadyGaga

RT @GbArmy: @ahj are u gonna miss the breakfast show #askaled - very very much

RT @tessragusa: @ahj #AskAled what are your plans next? - Taking rest of year off producing, but still Presenting Surgery & at Teen Awards

RT @simonp820: @ahj Have you pre-ordered your iPhone5 Aled?! #AskAled Yes

RT @Phi1evans: @ahj Can I blag an invite to Chris' 25th birthday celebration next year? #AskAled No :)

I like this one -

RT @OfficialJayLees: @ahj any ideas of who you are going to produce next? #AledForExec #AskAled #TeamMoyles - I hope it'll be Chris
By Aled
ChrisBoyles wrote:
bwfcol wrote:Will the next set of RAJAR figures see an increase in listeners for the final few months of the show?

No. One of the news reports in the last couple of days mentioned that listeners figures had fallen further.

There's a whole lot of bull flying around re figures. The fact is we went out with more listeners that when we started - and for a youth Radio show that has been there through the rise of (FM less) iPhones, YouTube, MP3 legal and illegal downloads and a drop off in media loyalty from young people to achieve that is incredible. Who knows what Radio would have looked like without the show?

My gut says our latest RAJAR Jul -Sept will go up, even though that quarter is our weakest as most of our young audiences wake up after the show for such a big portion of that period. Q4 Oct - Dec is the first strong one for breakfast so it'll be impossible to read Q on Q between Moyles and Grimmy despite the fact that everyone will try.
Aren't there only 3 Radio shows who get over 7 million on a regular basis? Figures going down or not for the show to sustain the amount of listeners it did for that amount of time is a huge acheivement.
Aled wrote: The fact is we went out with more listeners that when we started - and for a youth Radio show that has been there through the rise of (FM less) iPhones, YouTube, MP3 legal and illegal downloads and a drop off in media loyalty from young people to achieve that is incredible.

Thanks :D :D :D since today, BBC news is saying that middle age is 55 years old...................HEY GUYS!!! I'M STILL YOOF!!! :D :D
It would be great if you could, but I can quite understand why you might potentially feel unable to, even if you wanted to...go on though!
By neilt0
wireman2004 wrote:Cheers for the reply there. But come on al. It's 8am and your at radio 1. Aren't you on sabbatical until January. (excluding your surgery show) you deserve your sleep now. What will the boyfriend think. :)

Aled is in R1 to clean out all the TCMS shizz!
Just found out my friend Rhys has a huge crush on you Aled (this came out of a conversation about the other Aled Jones!) So if you're ever single... ;)
Nicola_Red wrote:Just found out my friend Rhys has a bug crush on you Aled (this came out of a conversation about the other Aled Jones!) So if you're ever single... ;)

Aled is scared of bugs.

Aled stated that he wouldn't feel comfortable answering questions on a Chris Moyles fansite now that he's no longer working with Chris, but we all assured him that we'd love him to stay, so it's his decision.

ETA: you know this already. You were a member under your previous name at the time the Q was asked.
isn't this technically a Chris Moyles SHOW fan site? Aled was a huge part of the show so hopefully he'll answer questions about himself or questions people might have about the show from way back when.
Or he could just take advantage of the end of the show to free himself from having to hang out here and answer our inane questions, which really must have been a pain. I think he found it useful from time to time to talk to us here, but that was only in the context of the show - so why would he not cut the ties now?
G-Sizzle wrote:isn't this technically a Chris Moyles SHOW fan site?

Nope. The clue is in the name - chrismoyles.net. Not thechrismoylesshow.net.

Thank you both!!