Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
Welcome to our 'Ask Aled' section - if you've something you wish to ask him about the radio show, his job, his hobbies, or whatever you like ... this is the place to do it.

Please keep this section on topic, and keep your questions both sensible and reasonable. Aled will choose which he wishes to answer, no guarantees!
Asked this in the previous thread but wasn't answered. Are there any plans for Chris and Dave to do Euro 2012 alternative commentary like they did with the World Cup in 2010? Doubt it since it is occuring around the same time as the Hackey weekend and we all know that will get plugged to hell that month!
Will Buzz Off ever return?

Listening to the old shows in the archive, it's simple, but brilliant.

Classical Class was never really a feature on it's own, but a lead into Buzz Off.

Why bring one back but not the other?
By Aled
bmstinton93 wrote:Aled, First of all, Kit Kat or Twix? Then, have you tried any of the new Kit Kat Chunky's? If so, what is your favourite?

Love them both, Twix is bought more than Kit Kat for me - would love to try the chunkys but haven't yet. Double chocolate when I do
By Aled
DarroM wrote:Asked this in the previous thread but wasn't answered. Are there any plans for Chris and Dave to do Euro 2012 alternative commentary like they did with the World Cup in 2010? Doubt it since it is occuring around the same time as the Hackey weekend and we all know that will get plugged to hell that month!

I didn't even realise there was a Euro 2012! But will look into it now.

Hackney will be plugged but also the Olympics.
By Aled
McGuinness-89 wrote:Will Buzz Off ever return?

Classical Class was never really a feature on it's own, but a lead into Buzz Off.

I would love it to. I've suggested it a few times but Chris doesn't seem interested at this point.
Aled wrote:

I would love it to. I've suggested it a few times but Chris doesn't seem interested at this point.

Ah, what a shame. Thanks for the reply. :D
McGuinness-89 wrote:
Aled wrote:

Ah, what a shame. Thanks for the reply. :D

I would actually like to see it return also since I too am listening to the shows from 2004 and really enjoy that feature and it is better than Classical class, which to me is just pointless with the same tune every day. Rather have an actual feature than a non-one any day.
By Bas
DarroM wrote:
I would actually like to see it return also since I too am listening to the shows from 2004 and really enjoy that feature and it is better than Classical class, which to me is just pointless with the same tune every day. Rather have an actual feature than a non-one any day.

When i'm walking into work on the day shift i always try to time it so as Classical Class is on when i'm crossing the Belfast Road flyover in Bangor.
The trouble is that due to the floating nature of the time slot , this is not always a good thing.

Last week they went to it a bit early & i was still a quarter of a mile down the ringroad from the flyover & nearly shit myself.

I don't know what shocked me most, the fact that i am OCDing on it, the fact that i damn near ran the rest of the way to work in panic & got in nearly 10 minutes early as a result, or the fact that i'm relying on Chris Moyles for timekeeping, which is a particularly foolish thing to do in the first place.
I use the show as timekeeper all morning, to wit:

Alarm goes off just before the 7am news
up by the 'start of the show' (Holly singing etc)
out the shower by classical class
makeup done by the two songs after the 7.30am news
hair done by the 8am news
out the house by the next two songs
In Starbucks by the 8.30am news
Pulling into Salford Quays by Tedious

Is that weird?...
Another reason the CM breakfast show must continue...it will cost the economy billions in lateness when the show ends.

My only show related timings are

1. Out the door before the pub quiz starts on a Tuesday
2. In the car in time to turn up mcfly day

That's it
Nicola_Red wrote:I use the show as timekeeper all morning, to wit:

Is that weird?...

Yes, it is weird. I don't know any girls that are that efficient when it comes to hair and make up! And if I may ask, why not just have coffee at home rather than Starbucks?
By Bas
Bonanzoid wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:I use the show as timekeeper all morning, to wit:

Is that weird?...

Yes, it is weird. I don't know any girls that are that efficient when it comes to hair and make up! And if I may ask, why not just have coffee at home rather than Starbucks?
And have to make it herself!! Are you mad?! :lol:

She's the Tina Dahealy of chrismoyles.net, she'll have someone make it for her.
Of course I'm efficient at hair and makeup. It'd be different if I was going out in an evening, but for work, I've got the routine down to a fine art. And I don't make coffee at home cos it's nicer at Starbucks. My morning coffee is my one little luxury of the day.
bmstinton93 wrote:We may as well just start an 'Ask Nicola' thread.

You can then have an FAQ section in it comprised of: 'Can I see your boobs?' and 'Will you sleep with me?'

:lol:
Aled are you doing anything for Sports Relief this year and how long does it take to orgranise Chris Birthday Shows?

Brillant show by the way

Thank you both!!