Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
I'm just about to listen to them for the first time. I listened to a show today in which Chris had got Greece in a pub sweepstake the night before. He wasn't best pleased about to say the least.

It's a funny old game. :D
Attachments
greece_euro_2004_champions.jpg
Yudster wrote:
chrisjames wrote:Remember when you broadcast from a chalet in Portugal for a whole month during Euro 2004?

Yeah, like Aled is ever going to forget THAT one...!

This hasn't been brought up on the show for AGES. Always one of my favourite running gags.
Yudster wrote: you should feature them. And I love your City Guides.

^^ +1

chrysostom wrote:blah blah

nice new Pic by the way Andy.
I'm going to ask the question I know everyone has wanted to ask but been too scared to. that is, have you been given any indication by management as to when Chris will be taken off breakfast? Will he be allowed to do the full 10 y ears or does Ben cooper intend to make changes much sooner? And when Chris finishes breakfast, will he leave radio 1 altogether or does he want to do another show on the station?

I fully understand if you feel unable to answer.but I know it's something that most of Chris's fans are wondering about,given the endless newspaper speculation...
By Aled
chrisjames wrote:I'm going to ask the question I know everyone has wanted to ask but been too scared to. that is, have you been given any indication by management as to when Chris will be taken off breakfast? Will he be allowed to do the full 10 y ears or does Ben cooper intend to make changes much sooner? And when Chris finishes breakfast, will he leave radio 1 altogether or does he want to do another show on the station?

I fully understand if you feel unable to answer.but I know it's something that most of Chris's fans are wondering about,given the endless newspaper speculation...

No, none. We're not going anywhere. I don't know how much notice we'd get because we've never been moved before.

Only Ben knows his plans. That was the case when we were asked if we were going after 3 years, when the Sun announced their inside 'scoop' and again at 5, when we broke the record at 6.5 years and now at almost 8.5.

Let's just enjoy the show. When the day comes we'll talk about it then!
chrisjames wrote:I'm going to ask the question I know everyone has wanted to ask

Speak for yourself {insert random insult here}, not everyone here is as obsessed with making controversy out of nothing and wild speculation as you are.

I'm pretty sure, even if tCMS was due to finish tomorrow, Aled is not going to announce it on here. What answer were you really expecting?!!
Yeah, I agree. I'd rather just enjoy the show in the knowledge that one day it will be over, rather than guess and speculate about when that is. Knowing the precise date of the final show wouldn't enhance my enjoyment in any way. On the contrary, it would probably make me overly conscious about how long was left to go.
By G-Sizzle
chrysostom wrote:
Yudster wrote:
chrisjames wrote:Remember when you broadcast from a chalet in Portugal for a whole month during Euro 2004?

Yeah, like Aled is ever going to forget THAT one...!

This hasn't been brought up on the show for AGES. Always one of my favourite running gags.

what did happen to you in Portugal Aled?? I always feel left out when that gets brought up!
What happens in Portugal, stays in Portugal...

Which is good as i'm off there in Oct. :)
By Dexy
Especially after he didn't realise he was live on air. On the Soap Awards aftershow on ITV2 he swore on air and then wasn't sure if it was live or not. Turns out it was prerecorded and they bleeped it.. but still.
Just heard the sad news of your grans death at the weekend Aled.I lost both my grans so I know how you must feel. I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone on the forum in sending my condolences to you and your family. :(

PS please don't feel you have to rush back to work.You need to be with family at a time like this.Everyone will understand
chrisjames wrote:Just heard the sad news of your grans death at the weekend Aled.I lost both my grans so I know how you must feel. I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone on the forum in sending my condolences to you and your family. :(

PS please don't feel you have to rush back to work.You need to be with family at a time like this.Everyone will understand

Seconded.
Deadly wrote:
chrisjames wrote:Just heard the sad news of your grans death at the weekend Aled.I lost both my grans so I know how you must feel. I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone on the forum in sending my condolences to you and your family. :(

Seconded.

Thirded! Lost my grandmother on my mother's side on Easter Sunday this year so know what they are going through at the moment. Both my grandmothers are gone now.
Yeah, I lost all my grandparents before I was 25, it is gutting. I know we've discussed this in a different thread and almost all of us will know how upsetting it is. All the best to your family Aled.
I lost my last grandparent, when i was 17. It was tough but you will get there. Sending all the best to you and your family, Aled.
They spoke about this today - you can do it but you have to be registered and logged in with a BBC ID. Essentially it's (likely to be) a way of having tracking abusive messages.
I didn't hear all the show today as I had a very early meeting at work but heard the bit when they are talking about text messages and whether it comes out of your contracted 'bundle and from what I heard at no point did anyone mention that there was a 07 number as well as the 81199.

It always used to be 07786 201111 I wonder just how many (if any at all) texts R1 gets from this alternate number? I don't even know if it still works. I thought about using it now the mobile site has lost it's free messaging feature.
Last edited by hdsport82 on Thu May 10, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friday and Saturday shows are up, and Friday plat[…]