Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By pacman
Hi Aled

I have been directed to this site by a friend. I have been listening to the Moyles show for a couple of years and love the way Chris presents his show.

A couple of questions for you, firstly if Will was to leave do you think they will offer you his job and would you accept it considering you state that you want to go to TV. ?.

Secondly i notice on a review of one of the shows you did that they say you are single but have a girlfriend !!, which is it, ?. (hope that is not too personal). You must have a special person in your life. I have seen your pictures :D

Are you the man behind the new "voice-overs" for Fame Academy on radio 1 at the moment ?.

A FAN
By Adam
Who's your biggest influence?
By Moyles Clone
Has Chris plans to stay with Radio1 in the near future, or will he move more and more onto to TV?
By odb983
can u get me a job at Radio 1? tee-hee!
By Nablo.
Have a go at this one then Aled.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?
By ASG
I hate people that ask stupid questions! :evil: No-one realizes the Dinosaur came first! :wink:
By The Cornishman
Hello Alled,I'm an inquisitive swine,so do you think you could possibly drink some turpentine and light one of your farts?I'd quite like to know if there's any kind of explosion.No money in it,I'm afraid.Just treat it as a scientific breakthrough.
By FAAled
pacman wrote:Hi Aled

I have been directed to this site by a friend. I have been listening to the Moyles show for a couple of years and love the way Chris presents his show.

A couple of questions for you, firstly if Will was to leave do you think they will offer you his job and would you accept it considering you state that you want to go to TV. ?.

Secondly i notice on a review of one of the shows you did that they say you are single but have a girlfriend !!, which is it, ?. (hope that is not too personal). You must have a special person in your life. I have seen your pictures :D

Are you the man behind the new "voice-overs" for Fame Academy on radio 1 at the moment ?.

A FAN

Q1) I would certainly accept the job of Will - that would be my dream position, but I understand there are WAY too many factors to that happening for me to try and predict or go after. Management may not want it, Chris may not want it, it may not be right for the show etc etc so I take things as they come along. As for TV, luckily for me the BBC promotes cross working across Radio, TV and online. My two bosses have gone over to TV this month. The two don't conflict.

Q2) as for relationships It's neither as it happens! I've got a boyfriend though.

Q3) FA trails.yes I am. I'm Radio 1's Fame Academy person so they wanted a common theme in all it's Fame Academy reporting i.e. me.
By FAAled
Adam. wrote:Who's your biggest influence?

oh WAY too many to mention.

Rupert Murdoch originally. Since then I try to take the best bits of the people I meet that I respect. Producers, presenters, managers...

The famous ones: Chris Moyles, Andy Peters, Philip Scophield, Davina McCall, Jonathan Dimbleby (if he's the BBC one)
By FAAled
odb983 wrote:can u get me a job at Radio 1? tee-hee!

ha ha. If only it was that easy!
By FAAled
Dead Famous wrote:Has Chris plans to stay with Radio1 in the near future, or will he move more and more onto to TV?

I really mustn't speak for Chris. I know he wouldn't appreciate it. All I do know is that, like me he loves his job at Radio 1 and he's publicly stated that he's just signed another two year contract.
By Uglybob
Has Chris got a ticking off from management for plugging his channel 5 show yet?
By FAAled
uglybob wrote:Has Chris got a ticking off from management for plugging his channel 5 show yet?

Again, even if I knew should i really say that?

As i happens I don't know, as far as I know, no.
By Uglybob
Did you see tonights farce?
By FAAled
uglybob wrote:Did you see tonights farce?

With what? The Channel 5 show? Didn't the show go off air?

Quite fitting in a way that the Chrismoyles.net server also went down eh!!!
By Uglybob
Yes, i emailed Will about trying to get hold of the audio because the continuity announcer was heavy breathing and they used the cheesiest filing in music ever. As soon as the crowd shot came on them, it went blank. They gave up after 10 past only for to rejoin him at 7:20pm
By odb983
I bet Chris will be a happy camper when he comes on air (hopefully) this afternoon.
By pond life
Aled a "friend of Dorothy", I thought so.

You say Chris is very g a y friendly, so that proves the point, no homophobia there then...
By ASG
The Cornishman wrote:Hello Alled
Not dissingn the cornishman in anyway, but is your name spelt with one or two ls?
By pacman
Hello Aled (again)

Well thanks for being VERY honest in answering my questions !.

Reading between the lines i think the producers job could well be your within the next 12 months. Will seems to have been doing it for ages.

So when do we get to hear about "your other half" ?. The others go on about their's all the time ?. Does he work for the beeb too ?. Just a thought after you mentioned you worked on eurovision !!!.

I get the impression you are not a great football fan, but i noticed Wales actually won last night and England drew. As a fellow Welshman I hope you will be reminding Chris of last nights scores.

Keep up the good work
By pond life
Yeah Giggs may finally get his chance!!!
By Adam
Aled,

I guess you own a Stero at your rented 8 bedroom Apartment in plush London- Could you tell me what your Current stereo fillers are?

Adam
Last edited by Adam on Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Gigglyboots
Dear Aled,

Gosh you are certainly getting a lot of questions, its so great of you to take the time out to answer them, so heres another, hehe.

How did you get into radio in the first place?

Cheers, looking forward to the show later, first time in weeks I get to listen to it all.
By Sidders
uglybob wrote:Yes, i emailed Will about trying to get hold of the audio because the continuity announcer was heavy breathing and they used the cheesiest filing in music ever.

That bloke was a comedy legend. You could make a sitcom outta him.
By Adam
Sidla wrote:
uglybob wrote:Yes, i emailed Will about trying to get hold of the audio because the continuity announcer was heavy breathing and they used the cheesiest filing in music ever.

That bloke was a comedy legend. You could make a sitcom outta him.

calling a person "a legend" makes them sound old...

Editing gap to come for a few days.