Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By kendra k
replying during the show no less.

aled, did you really put a grand on man u tonight?
By Uglybob
a grand is a thousand pounds kendra, they put a fiver on wolves and will 2 pounds
By kendra k
bob, you needn't be so patronising unless you weren't listening to the show, then you'd just look silly and illinformed. chris made a joke about aled betting a grand on man u.
By Aled
kendra k wrote:bob, you needn't be so patronising unless you weren't listening to the show, then you'd just look silly and illinformed. chris made a joke about aled betting a grand on man u.

No I didn't, EVEN IF I had £1,000 to spend I wouldn't be putting it on a bet over a football match!
By kendra k
what would you spend it on the?
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
could have made a profit though....
By Adam
Aled -

On the Chris Moyles Radio One page, you have a page called "9/6/03 - Celeb Gallery"

Why isnt Noel Gallagher on there?

He was a great guest! Should have him on there again!
By StaticFish
i think he is a high risk guest :)
By Adam
funny how more people ask noel to come on to their shows instead of his kid brother.

id say liam is more of a high risk.
By StaticFish
what would Liam add to a broadcastable converasation without swearing or grunting?
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
i apologise if im wrong but i thought aled said that this year fame academy would have more songs which appealed to radio 1s audience. from listening today that isnt happening anymore.....
By Nablo.
There's a bit of Travis and Shakira thats a start. All be it Caroline's version sounds awful, but she does have a lovely set of....erm......lungs.
By Uglybob
yeah but

a/ Skakiras Underneath Your Clothes was NOT playlisted on Radio 1
b/ Travis is Radio 2 fodder now
By Minnie the Minx
Even though their new song is on the R1 playlist...
By Sidders
Aled - This questions a little out of date now, but it's something I was wondering the other day.

How long did it take you and the team to rehearse your performance at One Big Sunday in Leicester?
By Uglybob
Minnie the Minx wrote:Even though their new song is on the R1 playlist...

its on radio 2 as well funnily enough
By MK Chris
From what I have heard of Radio 2 (which admittedly isn't a lot) the playlists overlap quite a lot actually.
By MC
Radio 2 plays more boyband crap than Radio 1 though

(mind you at least they don't play sean paul)
By Sidders
It would be better if they did.
By Bridgie
Sidla wrote:How long did it take you and the team to rehearse your performance at One Big Sunday in Leicester?

from the mouth of moyles himself "hours and hours" i laughed and he said "no really, it took hours"
By Adam
Aled -

Not sure how long dave is away on his honeymoon - but how do you feel the show has gone without him? Was there any material produced by him before he got married and went away? I was speaking to someone last night on msn and they said its nice to see chris using his imagnation for once. I found the thursday show fairly good.

Nice singing over the justin timberlake song by the way. oh how i laughed.. Doing the betting thing was fairly funny as well - but surely there are guidelines shows have to follow so its not seen to be encourging gambling etc. Did you not feel people were changing their minds at the last moment.

I haven listened to all the shows this week, but was the plan to include you more in the show whilst dave was away and get another ba to do all the work?? :D
By Aled
Ad wrote:Aled -

Not sure how long dave is away on his honeymoon - but how do you feel the show has gone without him? Was there any material produced by him before he got married and went away? I was speaking to someone last night on msn and they said its nice to see chris using his imagnation for once. I found the thursday show fairly good.

Nice singing over the justin timberlake song by the way. oh how i laughed.. Doing the betting thing was fairly funny as well - but surely there are guidelines shows have to follow so its not seen to be encourging gambling etc. Did you not feel people were changing their minds at the last moment.

I haven listened to all the shows this week, but was the plan to include you more in the show whilst dave was away and get another ba to do all the work?? :D

To some extend I agree. The frist show without Dave was hard, Chris came across as a bit lost, but it was really nice to hear him using his imagination and not be too comfy and get some new features going.

I was still the BA, I just had access to the mic more as Dave wasn't there (there are only 2 mics - Will's and Dave's). There's never been a plan to use me or Will more, Chris will just use whatever material he has to work with, it could be papers, technology, people, the music anything.
By Aled
kendra k wrote:what would you spend it on the?

a new computer. Mine's REALLY old. My new iPAQ is faster than my PC. Fact.
By Aled
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:i apologise if im wrong but i thought aled said that this year fame academy would have more songs which appealed to radio 1s audience. from listening today that isnt happening anymore.....

it did start. Last week's show wasn't as it was a Bee Gees special and this week's is a bit strange but they've told me it won't last
By Lew
Aled wrote:
kendra k wrote:what would you spend it on the?

a new computer. Mine's REALLY old. My new iPAQ is faster than my PC. Fact.

my computer's REALLY REALLY REALLY old. my teacup is faster than my PC. Fact.

Thank you both!!