Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By jimmy g
A few probing questions for Aled:

Did you rehearse a lot for the songs at One Big Sunday?
Where you nervous whilst onstage? It must have been your first live event thing.
Who is harder to produce (Mills / Moyles)?
Do you never find BB / FA boring?
If you where to be a desert, what would it be and why?

Thanks

James
By Sheep
whats with the dessert .Q?
it doesn't fit in at all
By Adam
Aled - What do you think of this year's Big Brother?
By Sidders
Ad wrote:Aled - What do you think of this year's Big Brother?

You're a bit late there Adam...
By Uglybob
he hasnt been here for 3 weeks.
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
hes too big for here now. we remember you when you were nothing aled....
By Adam
he's too busy more like. when FA is over he'll come back
By TheGrail
Hi Aled, personally I think your tottally funny. And heres my question: what is your favourite reality TV show out of Big Brother, I'm A Celebrity, Survivor and Fame Academy?
By Mcqueen_
Ad wrote:he's too busy more like. when FA is over he'll come back

He isn't that busy, he still has time to post on the Digital Spy BB & FA forums.
By Adam
obviously not much time to post here. oh well
By Aled
Ad wrote:Aled - What do you think of this year's Big Brother?

I enjoyed it but it didn't have the finale that I was hoping for!

It did become a bit dull. I hope next year's will be better!
By Aled
Uglybob wrote:he hasnt been here for 3 weeks.

Sorry about that. I have been busy.
By Aled
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:hes too big for here now. we remember you when you were nothing aled....

oh shut up!
By Aled
Mcqueen wrote:
Ad wrote:he's too busy more like. when FA is over he'll come back

He isn't that busy, he still has time to post on the Digital Spy BB & FA forums.

I have to as that helps with my job!
By Aled
TheGrail wrote:Hi Aled, personally I think your tottally funny. And heres my question: what is your favourite reality TV show out of Big Brother, I'm A Celebrity, Survivor and Fame Academy?

Without a doubt Big Brother.

I'm a Celebrity is fun, Survivor just can't get into.

Fame Academy is great but has a few flaws which we've been thrashing out with FA Production to try and improve for this series and help it become more relevant to Radio 1.
By Uglybob
Is Fame Academy just a ploy for the BBC to make easy money through text message voting and calls when they missed out on taking up Big Brother?
Why do you trail Fame Academy on Radio 1 when you never played David Sneddon or Sinead Quinns records. Lemar just suits the demograph of Radio 1 and thats why he is played.
By Uglybob
evidence (a) Guardian today

But ITV could still have the last laugh. Fame Academy II attracted just 4.2 million viewers to its inaugural 6.30pm show last weekend, compared with the 4.6 million it attracted on the opening night of the first series last year.
By Uglybob
evidence (b)

The tag "Lame Academy", which greeted the first version of BBC1's Fame Academy, looks certain to return after the midweek show bombed in the ratings.
The BBC's hopes of turning Fame Academy II into this summer's reality hit suffered a huge setback when just 3.2 million watched the 8pm-9pm show. The programme, during which the last few contestants were voted into the house, proved such a turn-off with viewers it attracted an audience share of just 15.5%, according to unofficial overnights. Fame Academy was beaten in the ratings by Channel 4's Location Location Location Revisited, which collected 3.7 million viewers and a 18.5% share between 8pm and 8.30pm, and trounced by the Bill on ITV1, which marshalled 7 million and a 34.2% share.
By Adam
can't wait for pop idol to light my fire again.
By Sheep
why can't they do sumthing like rock idol, so much pop....
By Uglybob
we have discussed this before, Rock Idol would not work because noone from that genre would enter what is basically a talent show. Its like saying "You know what, Id love to see Oasis do Eurovision". It aint going to happen. If they ever did, you would end up with a band like Catch. Remember them. Exactly!
By Jonny Hoare
Fame Academy needs to stamp its authority. I just think it just alittle soon after Big Brother. SHould have waited a month.

Aled- whats your take on the big already signed debacle...? the sound of the underground- thats a good hit...lol
By Sheep
oh yea, suppose.. oh well
By Adam
Aled - how was the gig?

found the braclet and backstage pass thing funny. how many did you get in the end. will had 6 and he still could go anywhere - ha
By Aled
Uglybob wrote:Is Fame Academy just a ploy for the BBC to make easy money through text message voting and calls when they missed out on taking up Big Brother?
Why do you trail Fame Academy on Radio 1 when you never played David Sneddon or Sinead Quinns records. Lemar just suits the demograph of Radio 1 and thats why he is played.

No. The BBC don't make any money from the phone lines. We're not allowed to as part of our Charter. last year any money we did make went into a Bursary to help songwriters and singers make it into the industry.

As for the second point, you almost had it right. Lemar's MUSIC suits our Radio 1 listener's demographics so we're playing it. Our audience think it's a good song. Despite being voted the favourite by the Radio 1 audience, when it came down to it Sinead didn't release songs that they liked.

We're hoping things will change this year and Radio 1 will work closer with FA to produce songs that are more relevant to our audience.

Thank you both!!