Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Eddie
No it doesn't, in that context "legend" just means he's cool! If somebody is a "Legend" then they rock!
By Adam
:evil: okay... nice to see Dad is around to correct me every bloody time.
By Gigglyboots
I see you take after Dad as well, similar signatures and everything, ;-)
By Sidders
The Strokes and Bon Jovi are hardly similar.
By Gigglyboots
Meow Sidla - I meant it as in the signatures are almost the same just apart fae Eddie's is Bon Jovi and Ad's is The Strokes. I didn't mean them two bands were similar, I know they're not. Just to clear that up...
By a_girl_from_mars
haven't read page 5 yet so I apologise if this has been asked...

Aled, on behalf of Charmaine, (also a big mel fan), could you tell us if he is back living in England, and will he be returning to radio 1?

Yes me and char are still living in the past.
By The Cornishman
Well I am saddened,shocked,and not a little bit hurt.My request for FAAled to ignite a turpentine fuelled trouser trump did not render a place in the treehouse of his heart to warrant even a sarcastic reply.Whats a man gots to do! My ego demands a rethink.
Bring me the news of the Derby Rangers whilst you're about it.
Last edited by The Cornishman on Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Lawrie
Aled...which member of the team has the worst BO?
By pond life
How did Dorothy like Red Dragon Aled?

(what's short for Aled?)
By The Cornishman
Oh,well that's interesting.Just learned turpentine is distilled from the resin of pine trees.So maybe there's another solution.I will carry out the experiment myself by eating the pine needles from the tree next door.Maybe my farts might freshen up the room.
By The Cornishman
Great news! It worked,even as I type this message I am emitting a rosey hue.On a slight downside my complexion appears to have turned green...I wouldn't normally mind,but it just doesn't go with my socks.
By FAAled
Gigglyboots wrote:Dear Aled,

Gosh you are certainly getting a lot of questions, its so great of you to take the time out to answer them, so heres another, hehe.

How did you get into radio in the first place?

Cheers, looking forward to the show later, first time in weeks I get to listen to it all.

Oh my God. Drowning in questions!!!

If I fail to reply to any don't take it personally!!!

Got into Hospital Radio in Aberystwyth. then joined the Commercial station when it launched there. Too many stories to mention but went on from there basically working in Radio and TV to Radio 1!
By FAAled
Loren wrote:Hi Aled! I was just wondering if you ever saw a website called FM FORUMS a few months ago which you featured on when you were on Big Brother's Little Brother? If so, did you ever post any messages on there at the time?

Don't recall seeing this website. Why?
By Stevo_trash
My brother in the stevotrash clan, old Jamesytrash is currently at Aberystwyth uni and he needs a part time job. Any suggestions of local shops which will employ any random drunkard?

Also, would you agree that aberystwyth has a passing resemblence to royston Vasey?

Also on a slight more self indulgent topic, who in radio 1 actually has heard of the name 'stevotrash' and how many of them dislike him.

very self indulgent but i'm very interested to see where my wasteful 3 years of emailing radio 1 shows has concluded.

cheers-o
By Everlast
Wow Eddie and Sidla in the same thread, i feel like i'm in whinge heaven
By LJ
FAAled wrote:
Loren wrote:Hi Aled! I was just wondering if you ever saw a website called FM FORUMS a few months ago which you featured on when you were on Big Brother's Little Brother? If so, did you ever post any messages on there at the time?

Well when you appeared on BBLB on E4 when BB3 was on, this website posted some pics of you on there scanned from the show! You ended up gaining some admirers as messages were posted below the pics saying how nice you looked!

Even Scott Mills was told about this site and mentioned it on his show a few times where he was taking the mick out of you for being on there! In the end, there ended up being a debate over who was cuter, you or Scott! This was after someone heard Scott mention the site!

Were you ever told about any of this? Do you recall any of this or is this all going completely over your head?
By nanty
will u go out wiv me aled?
By Shrimpy
aled has a boyfriend...
By Jonny Hoare
I'm interested to hear if the Stevotrash rumours are true. His ego at one stage when ex Producer Rhys Hughes allegedly called him "a mini legend". He's a piowing genius
By FAAled
a_girl_from_mars wrote:haven't read page 5 yet so I apologise if this has been asked...

Aled, on behalf of Charmaine, (also a big mel fan), could you tell us if he is back living in England, and will he be returning to radio 1?

Yes me and char are still living in the past.

He is back in England

and he IS back at Radio 1 (I hope he doesn't mind me telling you this!)
By FAAled
Stevo wrote:My brother in the stevotrash clan, old Jamesytrash is currently at Aberystwyth uni and he needs a part time job. Any suggestions of local shops which will employ any random drunkard?

Also, would you agree that aberystwyth has a passing resemblence to royston Vasey?

Also on a slight more self indulgent topic, who in radio 1 actually has heard of the name 'stevotrash' and how many of them dislike him.

very self indulgent but i'm very interested to see where my wasteful 3 years of emailing radio 1 shows has concluded.

cheers-o

There are SO many pubs in Aber he should try one of those. Unfortunately they're about the only business that's busy this time of year as all the shops lay off their part time staff this time of yar now that the Summer tourists have gone.
By FAAled
Loren wrote:
FAAled wrote:

Well when you appeared on BBLB on E4 when BB3 was on, this website posted some pics of you on there scanned from the show! You ended up gaining some admirers as messages were posted below the pics saying how nice you looked!

Even Scott Mills was told about this site and mentioned it on his show a few times where he was taking the mick out of you for being on there! In the end, there ended up being a debate over who was cuter, you or Scott! This was after someone heard Scott mention the site!

Were you ever told about any of this? Do you recall any of this or is this all going completely over your head?

WOW! No, I never knew this. Wierd. Well both me and Scott are going to be on and off BBC Choice with Fame Academy over the next few weeks so they'll have plenty of chances top decide! LOL!
By Sidders
Aled, does Chris know you're a member of this message board? If so, does he mind?
By Uglybob
i suspect he wouldnt care unless Aled said something libellous.