Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By G-Sizzle
bmstinton93 wrote:Where did the Noel Gallagher song come from this morning?

And can I have a copy please...?

i didnt hear the show, but if you mean the Merry Christmas Everyone song that I assume they played, then it was recorded for the credits of "The Royale Family Christmas Special" a few years ago.
It also featured on a WarChild charity album called "1 Love".
Quick question - are there restrictions on the amount of time off Chris is allowed for extra projects because he's a breakfast show host say compared to Fearne or is it that he genuinely doesn't have so many extra opportunities?
By Aled
dimtimjim wrote:
Aled wrote: I always said it was an honour and that I'd never walk away from it. I stand by that.

Hmmm.... Its as I thought.... You're a thoroughly decent chap Mr Al.

With great thighs...! :wink:

lol :)
By Aled
colinho wrote:Hi Aled, hope you're well! Just wondering, how much do the team keep in contact with Carrie and Rachel, on a social level?

I miss both of them, but Rachel was someone that I split a job with, the producers job is literally one huge job stretched across two people, so Rachel and I were very close so yeah we talk sometimes outside of work. We're both so work orientated though that it normally ends up a work chat!! :)

Rache, Mally and baby Evan are doing well.
By Aled
Deadly wrote:How many sugars do you have in your tea?

2 sweetners

Deadly wrote:Is Dom as awesome in real life as he is on the radio?

yes

Deadly wrote:As I am now Warren from CPC official agent can we arrange a meet up in London with Joey and Warren to have some photos taken with the team for future projects? We can come to the studio if its easier.

No, sadly not.

But I have a feeling there is room for Warren on The Chris Moyles Show in some capacity in 2012
By Aled
jocky85 wrote:Aled,

Firstly, thank you for returning to the East of England!

This is probably a wasted question but will you be announcing on Monday how people can get tickets to Caroloke or actually giving away the tickets?

It's going to be a ticket giveaway. We can't announce beforehand when for health and safety reasons but it will obviously be soon.
By Aled
abertom wrote:Quick question - are there restrictions on the amount of time off Chris is allowed for extra projects because he's a breakfast show host say compared to Fearne or is it that he genuinely doesn't have so many extra opportunities?

No. Chris is freelance so it's between Chris and Radio 1 Management over how much or how little leave he takes.

Each member of the team has different agreed holiday allowance so we just work on other shows behind the scenes while Chris is off if we've used up our leave.
What are you hoping Santa will bring you for Christmas?
Aled wrote:
dimtimjim wrote:
Aled wrote: I always said it was an honour and that I'd never walk away from it. I stand by that.

Hmmm.... Its as I thought.... You're a thoroughly decent chap Mr Al.

With great thighs...! :wink:

lol :)

Nicola, are you gonna point him towards the forum rules...? :P
By Adam
Aled,

In October 2012, "Ask Aled" will have been running for over 10 years.

Do you still view the forum as an important part of audience engagement? As you've progressed within the show from BA, AP, and finally to Day time & Show Producer, what have you learnt from answering our questions?
bmstinton93 wrote:
Aled wrote:lol :)

Nicola, are you gonna point him towards the forum rules...? :P

I think seeing as Aled is so gracious in answering our questions here I'd better give him a pass, don't you? :)
bwfcol wrote:Thanks for your reply Aled
Personally, I'd happily hear Joey now and again but I don't find Warren very entertaining.

I wouldn't want to hear any of them again. There have been better CPC contestants. I personally am enjoying old-school CPC back in 04 than what it is mainly at the moment because I loved it when the contestants were thick and he cuts them off at the end.

Aled, what do you think of the current CPC contestants and would you consider having them back in some form in 2012 like you did with Angelo back in 09?
Last edited by DarroM on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personally, I'd happily hear Joey now and again but I don't find Warren very entertaining.

Warren will get looked after by the team. I don't think he will be a regular feature on the show or anything but I get a feeling they may set him up with a job in sports radio somewhere decent.
As for Joey he really needs to go on the only way is Essex. He'd fit right in.
Deadly wrote:

Warren will get looked after by the team. I don't think he will be a regular feature on the show or anything but I get a feeling they may set him up with a job in sports radio somewhere decent.

Great stuff... so all I need to do to get a job in radio is get on Carpark Catchphrase alongside an idiot who would carry me for a few weeks? I'm not commenting on Warren's radio skills but why would the team do that for him?
richbrown wrote:
Deadly wrote:

Great stuff... so all I need to do to get a job in radio is get on Carpark Catchphrase alongside an idiot who would carry me for a few weeks? I'm not commenting on Warren's radio skills but why would the team do that for him?

Having spoke to him a fair bit I get the impression they want him to do well in life. I just got the impression it had been made out to him that he would be looked after.
Hi Aled, heard the links today about when the team first heard Dominick The Donkey, I know you said you were going to dig out the audio of it, but I didn't hear it later in the show. Anyway, I'd already done this myself last week and uploaded it to the big Archive thread so here's the link if you still need it. http://www.multiupload.com/VHI9NUMFGE It's not the greatest archive clip in the world, but I guess it's nicely nostalgic, I suppose...
DarroM wrote:Aled, what do you think of the current CPC contestants and would you consider having them back in some form in 2012 like you did with Angelo back in 09?

Angelo didn't really work out too well though did he? Bloke loses weight, bloke starts to put weight back on, feature is swiftly dropped.
By Aled
Nicola_Red wrote:
DarroM wrote:Aled, what do you think of the current CPC contestants and would you consider having them back in some form in 2012 like you did with Angelo back in 09?

Angelo didn't really work out too well though did he? Bloke loses weight, bloke starts to put weight back on, feature is swiftly dropped.

He lasted a year! That was pretty successful!!
By Aled
Adam wrote:Aled,

Any plans for another show tour? Listening to one of the podcast and it seems to work really well in front of an audience.

Show tours are out of favour at the moment - so no current plans - we're still working on that. The Longest Show Ever was brilliant - so something different like that maybe.

Editing gap to come for a few days.