Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
aled
a suggestion i've thought of going from davina in a couple weeks ago. It goes on rob dj's pub quiz.
It is what if you bring in a guest for tuesdays show. And the guest also takes part in the pub quiz. Total the scores up as usual. And the guests also have their scores combined for each week like chris and the rest of the team. See if the team can beat the combined brains of the guests. Like you used to do with the male and female listeners back in 07.

me
wireman2004 wrote:aled
a suggestion i've thought of going from davina in a couple weeks ago. It goes on rob dj's pub quiz.
It is what if you bring in a guest for tuesdays show. And the guest also takes part in the pub quiz. Total the scores up as usual. And the guests also have their scores combined for each week like chris and the rest of the team. See if the team can beat the combined brains of the guests. Like you used to do with the male and female listeners back in 07.

me

I like that. You could compare each series to see when you had the smartest guests.
Was that not the ones from the 12hr boxing day show? I know they released a podcast of it every day for the following 12 days.
Aled wrote:the BBC is fully supporting - Olympics is a young event, Radio 1 is the BBC's young radio station and we're the biggest show on the network so we're key.

Any chance of some red button or (more likely) online alternative commentary from Chris and Dave on some of the lesser (and perhaps more worth of ridicule) events at the Olympics?
I like that idea in some level, but I don't think the BBC will be wanting to ridicule the Olympics in any way. But it could still be great without being disparaging, Chris and the team are skilled enough to be able to be funny without quite crossing the line.
By Aled
northernsteve wrote:
Aled wrote:the BBC is fully supporting - Olympics is a young event, Radio 1 is the BBC's young radio station and we're the biggest show on the network so we're key.

Any chance of some red button or (more likely) online alternative commentary from Chris and Dave on some of the lesser (and perhaps more worth of ridicule) events at the Olympics?

To be honest the level of infrastructure going into supporting the Olympics is immense - with staff, outside broadcasting equipment and TV / radio / online bandwidth all being dedicated to providing as much coverage of the events as possible - it's near impossible that we could take some of that manpower / equipment / bandwidth to provide and 'alternative' commentary - but I will make sure the question is asked!
By Aled
Adam wrote:Aled,

A Chris Moyles Daily podcast recently appeared on iTunes. Anything to do with the show?

Nope. Bar the Marathon ones over New Year we're sticking to a weekly. I saw one that was an unofficial one.
By Aled
itbe_Tyler wrote:Why doesn't whoever does the show summary page put in the audio bands before the track listing like they use to? It was handy that you could click on it and it'd take you straight to the time of when the particular feature/guest were happening.

I agree it's not as good anymore! Unfortunately the back end stuff has changed and the way we archive the info is different - to create the same look would take a lot more work and a decision was made that the manpower needed to create the same style wasn't worth it for the gains. Sorry.
By Aled

me

Unfortunately guests come on to promote. That may not be why WE want them there - but that's why they make themselves available - so to give up over half an hour of their on-air time to the quiz would prove difficult to make a weekly feature.

Freya and I do have a 'Celebs with nothing to promote' feature we'd love to see on air though :)
Why didn't you mention to Chris and the team prior to the event that you weren't going to be available for the whole of the appointment with Philips Idowu yesterday? Surely it would have been the obvious way to avoid what seemed to me to be genuine fury from Chris this morning. Also, why did Freya drop you in it by saying you had a waxing appointment if it was something more important? Did she not realise how much that would annoy Chris? Or maybe she DID realise..?

Felt a bit sorry for you this morning because when Chris goes off on one like that he doesn't make his point too well, and he doesn't listen either, but really, I can't understand why you wouldn't have made sure he knew in advance that you couldn't make it.
Well, the alternative commentary thing for the Olympics might not happen but will there be any chance the football alternative commentary could make a return for Euro 2012? I couldn't care less about football but their commentary made it enjoyable last time.
Aled wrote:

me

Unfortunately guests come on to promote. That may not be why WE want them there - but that's why they make themselves available - so to give up over half an hour of their on-air time to the quiz would prove difficult to make a weekly feature.

Freya and I do have a 'Celebs with nothing to promote' feature we'd love to see on air though :)

Ahh, that's why Andi Peters gets on air then. (I do like Andi though)

Are you going to MPD on Friday Aled?

Also, I love the show right now, not too many guests and great random stuff. I love the Generic MP3 Player Shuffle Game. Some funny links have come from that,
Maybe mix it up and get Matt involved, I'd love Enya on Radio 1 :D
bwfcol wrote:Also, I love the show right now, not too many guests and great random stuff. I love the Generic MP3 Player Shuffle Game. Some funny links have come from that,
Maybe mix it up and get Matt involved, I'd love Enya on Radio 1 :D

TGMPSG is hilarious! I nearly exploded I was laughing so much when they faked Tina's shuffle at the end.

My mind is telling me no but my body my body's telling me yes
DOM: "Eugh!!"

I don't see nothing wrong with a little bump and grind

I don't see nothing wrong with a little bump and grind

etc.
By Aled
Adam wrote:Aled, have you ever thought about what you would do if the show was to end tomorrow? Would you seek to become another Producer/Executive Producer, or further your presenting?

Well, no because the show won't end tomorrow. Even if breakfast did we'd still be doing The Chris Moyles Show etc

If, for the sake of the question however it did end, then the honest answer is I've worked hard to ensure all three were options. Presenting is a passion but not a career for me, Producing I love as long as its the right job - maybe someone brand new or a format that needs reworking rather than care taking a show and I'd love to manage a team of people creatively and see what we could achieve so Exec would be an amazing challenge.

I suppose it'd be down to what hand was dealt to me if the time came!
This is'nt a question but a request. Can you thank Chris for getting me into "Weird Al" Yankovic?
After hearing him play some of his songs on the radio (I've been listening to the old shows recently) I've gone and bought all of his studio albums. I never knew quit how good his parodies are until I heard Chris play em.

And now for a question.

Are you (The team) already thinking of what to do in the final year of Chris' Radio 1 reign?
Also...
Would you follow Chris to his next radio show on whatever station he goes to or would you stay at Radio 1 or the BBC in general?
slaphead1982 wrote:This is'nt a question but a request. Can you thank Chris for getting me into "Weird Al" Yankovic?
After hearing him play some of his songs on the radio (I've been listening to the old shows recently) I've gone and bought all of his studio albums. I never knew quit how good his parodies are until I heard Chris play em.

Wierd Al = great.
DevilsDuck wrote:what!?!?! When is he leaving...surely they will just keep giving him contracts like they have done the last few times

Something tells me this is the final contract. :(
Its the final contract! De de dee de! Dedede de dee! De de de dee!

Thank you both!!