Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
If I had a right to reply it would be say this is an ask Aled thread. None of these posts containing everyone's personal opinion on the matter is a question to me - therefore it is off topic. Can we stop this conversation now please and continue it somewhere else where I don't have to log in and read it.

I log on to this thread because I love having The Chris Moyles Show be one of the most open radio shows around, this chat isn't helping.
I took it from his last post that he already has read them. And to be fair, most posts were from people who were sticking up for him, with only a couple of idiots making themselves look stupid with their ridiculous comments. I'm sure Aled has a thick skin, anyone working with Chris would need to have that! As has been suggested a few posts above, perhaps it's time to close this particular thread and start 'Ask Aled (Part Nine)'.
Aled wrote:If I had a right to reply it would be say this is an ask Aled thread. None of these posts containing everyone's personal opinion on the matter is a question to me - therefore it is off topic. Can we stop this conversation now please and continue it somewhere else where I don't have to log in and read it.

I log on to this thread because I love having The Chris Moyles Show be one of the most open radio shows around, this chat isn't helping.

Fair enough - but I'd like to answer some of the charges made by some "illibertarians" (another made up word). But I'll do it all in just one posting- after this one.
<<could you please just clarify what you mean by "those types">>

I mean't homosexuals - since the topic was about two 'types'. 'These' and 'those'. See?

<<I do love this PC/un-PC stuff. You get to be offensive and just say "I'm just not being PC" and get away with it.>>

Yes- I think it's best to be un-PC but not offensive ( that's just going to the other extreme). What becomes 'offensive' is a gauge that may be different between people. Obviously to yourself simply questioning things about the topic is offensive. Unless it agrees with just one side of the argument. Handy.

<<Strange, I've never had a problem with people, which is quite considerate of them, cos it's still * difficult to come to terms with. I guess it must just be some sort of elaborate act that everyone has and they're really disgusted by my obvious perversion.>>

When you come out to people I would suspect those closest to you take time out to think it over and come to terms with it. Thereafter they will politely accept your situation and not make crass comments etc. They may even change views and even deep seated prejudices. Ordinarily, though - if you listen to a conversation between fellas in a pub - just the average group and it's probably too offensive to this board.

< You're living in a bubble if you think the average person on the street doesn't care about equality.>

Equality covers tons of subjects. It's not the preserve of the gays. Although if you look at the previous government you'd think it was. And then there's 'rights'. Lets not get into that one!!

<<…readiest the JLS condoms and see which one is the best…>>

Over my head.

<<Perhaps it's time to close Part 8 & open up Part 9 seeing as this one has become a bit buggered over the last few pages>>

Clever. And 'cheeky'. See how I carried on the tradition there? :-)

<<I think a mod should just delete all the off topic comments so aled doesn't have to read them. (Including this comment)>>

Although - be fair - I was responding to a post within this thread. But you're probably right - it should be on another thread by now (did not realise it would tickle so many "There should be a law against free thought" sorts and get so much of a reaction).

<<I took it from his last post that he already has read them. And to be fair, most posts were from people who were sticking up for him, with only a couple of idiots making themselves look stupid with their ridiculous comments. I'm sure Aled has a thick skin, anyone working with Chris would need to have that! As has been suggested a few posts above, perhaps it's time to close this particular thread and start 'Ask Aled (Part Nine)'.>>

Apart from the initial innuendo in your paragraph (sorry!) "Idiots", "Stupid, and "ridiculous" certainly puts across some great valid adult points! ;-)

And - yes - I think Aled probably does have thick skin - I suspect there may be quite a few nasty anti-gay messages that go his way. From the same numbskull types who think you cannot have an opinion which questions that way of life. However - when you're in the spotlight of national recognition via the media you probably need thick skin. Very thick skin. I suspect Chris has the same thick skin. Especially when he's had the limp shouty sort demo-ing against him regarding him as a bigot (the irony!) and a homophobe. I suspect its an attribute you must have when you world on TV/radio.
I've just been reading a thread about this elsewhere, and want to Ask Aled whether Chris really is now as grey as he appears to be in the photo taken of him with Tinie Tempah today?

Or is it just bad lighting, as in this picture of him with Rob Bryon taken a few days earlier the greyness doesn't seem half as bad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/photos/chri ... allery5532
Attachments
87412_fullsize.jpg
I noticed that today, it's absolutely the bad lighting - I've never seen him with that colour hair in real life - and you can see the differences across all the photos taken over the last two weeks!
Aled.

Any chance We will have a pre record christmas Day show this year. And is new years day chris Moyles all day Breakfast.

What will our podcasts look like this year for the christmas period. I would guess the final of the year, the chrismas day episode if we have one on podcast, and the new years day episode.

Also why when chris is on holiday could we not have a origional podcast. ok chris has stated he would love too do 1.. But bbc restrictions mean that he is not able too. And we also know that they cant broadcast anything more than 7 days old.
So why don't they play the podcast at say 4am again. And even split that with the fm feed and play it on the DAB feed, It would give us a podcast, It's played on the radio. Everyone's happy.
McGuinness-89 wrote:Tinie Tempah doesn't seem to be very grey....Lighting my backside, Christopher is getting old.Accept it.

I now think you're right, and that Aled was just trying to be nice, because here Chris is outdoors today, with no lighting except the natural kind.
Attachments
article-0-0B4E6A85000005DC-70_468x635.jpg

Thank you both!!