Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By The Magic Mullet
Aled wrote:
The Magic Mullet wrote:Aled,

With winter's icy grip firmly on the country at the moment and the threat of snow all round, would you consider doing an article called 'Aled on a Sled'?

Very funny! what would it consist?

The basic premise is you on a Sled, possibly asking members of parliament how they like their potatoes, boiled or mashed.

But we need more ice.
By Adam
Walter Sobchak wrote:Hi Aled.
I was talking to some students today, about working in media;
One said his uncle used to work in BBC Local Radio, and he (the boy) was told that he (the uncle) used to have a big black book, in it there was "hundreds of words that weren't allowed to be used on the BBC", and then there was a section on phrases that weren't allowed too, this book was updated by the BBC every 5 years.
I know there are words and phrases that are banned, but are these produced in the form of a book; updated every 5 years, or just a series of memos?
Maybe there was such a book, but now its all on computer.
I'm intrigued as to whether he was being 'fed a line' by his uncle (trying to big himself up, maybe - could have been the cleaner for all I know! :roll: ) or whether this is fact!

Bad word whiley should take note!

Thank you both!!