Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By timp
Aled, first belated happy birthday hope it was a good one and hope you and your boyfriend are enjoying the far east. I've always wanted to go- so jealous!

Gutted I won't be able to get time off work for the goodbye party. Being a teacher, my time off work is now and by the time the show ends I'll be in the full swing of things. With this in mind, do you think there could possibly be an event for the Friday night for those who can't get time off work? Thought I might as well ask!
By Fathomer
Hi Aled,

Please can a number of tickets to the Goodbye Party event not be competition or ballot based? Instead a statement when you apply for tickets on how much of a superfan you are? I don't know want to sound whiny, but it is very unfair that by chance someone who has been listening to the show for 6 months has the same likelihood of getting a ticket as someone who has been listening for 10 years. I'm sure you are going to factor that in anyway, but just emphasizing how important it is!

It's almost.....

:(
Hi Aled,

3 questions (I dont expect them to be answered for yonks, enjoy Japan!)

1. Why does Radio 1 seem to be making a conscious effort of stripping the Chris Moyles Show from this slot whilst Vernon and Scott fill in?? Dropping the jingles, for example. Surely its not because they think people will be confused in a month if the Chris Moyles show disappears? Its been made fairly clear its happening already and devalues the breakfast show. The slot still belongs to Moyles, you cant really transition people away from that until the last show. Vernon just sounds souless tbh. Its really weird and dull. I love radio 1 but switched off for the first time this morning for my mp3. Whoever decided to format the show obviously thought we didnt deserve anything nearing normal r1 quality.

2. How did the bosses let it be called "the Chris Moyles show" and not the "Radio 1 Breakfast show with Chris Moyles"?

3. Who are the production team on Grimmy's new show?

Hope your having a great time! 1 month to go!
Fathomer wrote:Hi Aled,

1. Why does Radio 1 seem to be making a conscious effort of stripping the Chris Moyles Show from this slot whilst Vernon and Scott fill in?? Dropping the jingles, for example. Surely its not because they think people will be confused in a month if the Chris Moyles show disappears? Its been made fairly clear its happening already and devalues the breakfast show. The slot still belongs to Moyles, you cant really transition people away from that until the last show. Vernon just sounds souless tbh. Its really weird and dull. I love radio 1 but switched off for the first time this morning for my mp3. Whoever decided to format the show obviously thought we didnt deserve anything nearing normal r1 quality.

2. How did the bosses let it be called "the Chris Moyles show" and not the "Radio 1 Breakfast show with Chris Moyles"?

1. It allows the whole Chris Moyles show team to have time off and not worry about anything production wise. Vernon (is probably the biggest weekend show) and Scott the next biggest dj already have safe shows that can hold the fort. Remember when Pete Tong tried to do a bank holiday Chris Moyles show with jingles/features?
By Aled
Fathomer wrote:Hi Aled,

Konnichiwa from Japan. About to leave for home.

1. It was a contractual thing to keep the branding designed in the early years to establish a brand for breakfast. The brand is about to be changed so its not needed now during deps.

2. Chris and his negotiations in run up to breakfast

3. Matt's producing, Fiona and Ian APing
I wouldn't normally ask you something like this Al, but in the light of what has happened to Chris over this weekend, when you speak to him could you let him know we are all thinking of him and we all hope he is ok. Lots of love to him.
Big congrats to Matt Fincham on becoming producer of the radio one breakfast show!(I don't think it was officially confirmed before now). When he left Moyles s how in april did any of you have a clue he would be back on breakfast as producer in a few months,and was his move to Grimmys show preparation for this,or has it all just been a lucky coincidence?!

PS welcome back from holiday!
By Aled
chrisjames wrote:Big congrats to Matt Fincham on becoming producer of the radio one breakfast show!(I don't think it was officially confirmed before now). When he left Moyles s how in april did any of you have a clue he would be back on breakfast as producer in a few months,and was his move to Grimmys show preparation for this,or has it all just been a lucky coincidence?!

PS welcome back from holiday!

I suspected Matt's move was to ensure Grimmy started thinking in a way that would prepare him for breakfast. I could be wrong though.
Its good to know that you aren't immune to the temptation to speculate too! Mind you, your speculation is probably a tad more informed than ours...
Aled, was there any significance in you saying this morning that it's the end of the 'breakfast show', as opposed to the 'Chris Moyles show' . Does this indicate you know something about Chris's future plans ? You'll forgive us all for clutching at any straw right now!
By bwfcol
Aled, just listened to the link on Dev about the end of the show, thanks for the info but I'm a bit baffled as to why you said that friends of the show are going to be on and then your first guest is Rita Ora on Weds?!

Also, the Teen Awards are coming up, will we be bombarded like last year? Please don't take too much TCMS airtime up with corporate stuff, it's so precious now!

Hope your hols was good and well done for flying home yesterday, going to do The Surgery and then producing Dev this morning. You must be so tired!
I noticed the ubiquitous Kate was the first caller on 'super good bank holiday Monday' :)

Aled, I'm gonna PM you about the tribute book rather than clog up the thread. I'd appreciate it if you get chance to reply, ta!
By Aled
chrisjames wrote:Aled, was there any significance in you saying this morning that it's the end of the 'breakfast show', as opposed to the 'Chris Moyles show' . Does this indicate you know something about Chris's future plans ? You'll forgive us all for clutching at any straw right now!

I'm sorry - I knew as I said it more will be read into it than was intended. I'm keen on this not being a goodbye Chris show unless it really has to - and at this stage no announcement has been made by Chris or management as to the next step, so at the moment we're saying goodbye to the show.
By Aled
bwfcol wrote:Aled, just listened to the link on Dev about the end of the show, thanks for the info but I'm a bit baffled as to why you said that friends of the show are going to be on and then your first guest is Rita Ora on Weds?!

Also, the Teen Awards are coming up, will we be bombarded like last year? Please don't take too much TCMS airtime up with corporate stuff, it's so precious now!

Hope your hols was good and well done for flying home yesterday, going to do The Surgery and then producing Dev this morning. You must be so tired!

Rita Ora was vetoed by Chris. I wanted to keep it pure best of the guests but Chris thinks Rita will make a great guest so I think she's the only exception.

There will be very little Teen Awards on our show - mainly because it's Grimmy's baby so makes sense he leads it when he comes to breakfast.
By Aled
Travis Bickle wrote:Aled, do you have a date for when the show will be from the new Broadcasting House? If you don't have a date do know which week it will be?

Yup the New Broadcasting house is where the Radio Theatre is housed and that's where we'll be having our Goodbye Show on Thursday the 13th of September.
Aled wrote:
chrisjames wrote:Aled, was there any significance in you saying this morning that it's the end of the 'breakfast show', as opposed to the 'Chris Moyles show' . Does this indicate you know something about Chris's future plans ? You'll forgive us all for clutching at any straw right now!

I'm sorry - I knew as I said it more will be read into it than was intended. I'm keen on this not being a goodbye Chris show unless it really has to - and at this stage no announcement has been made by Chris or management as to the next step, so at the moment we're saying goodbye to the show.

That's quite understandable. Like I said as fans of Chris we're bound to hope for the best until we hear otherwise! I'm sure it's just au revoir and not goodbye!
Aled wrote:
bwfcol wrote:Aled, just listened to the link on Dev about the end of the show, thanks for the info but I'm a bit baffled as to why you said that friends of the show are going to be on and then your first guest is Rita Ora on Weds?!

Rita Ora was vetoed by Chris. I wanted to keep it pure best of the guests but Chris thinks Rita will make a great guest so I think she's the only exception.

There will be very little Teen Awards on our show - mainly because it's Grimmy's baby so makes sense he leads it when he comes to breakfast.

Thanks Aled!

Good news about The Teen Awards.

Let's hope Rita is a good guest!

Friday is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/d[…]