Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
Aled wrote:
bmstinton93 wrote:Kit Kat or Twix?

Love them both - depends on mood

I'm quite interested in what mood you must be in to enjoy aTwix?
budlufc2012 wrote:Hi Aled was just wondering if you can tell us the best places to here what the individual team members are doing nowadays ? :) miss you all :(come back to us ! # Teammoyles

Twitter. If you follow the team members you can see everything they're up to. But FYI: Tina is on Grimmy's show and still presents/reads news on BBC3. Dom reads the news on the Capital FM breakfast show and does voice training. Aled presents the Surgery and produces on Radio 1. Freya has moved to New York. Dave still does the Moan In on 5 Live sometimes, but seemingly not much else. And Chris is doing JC Superstar and, well, again, not a lot else...
bmstinton93 wrote:
budlufc2012 wrote:Hi Aled,

I was just wondering if you could tell us where are the best places to catch up on what individual team members are doing nowadays ? :)

I miss you all :( come back to us !

#TeamMoyles

If you're going to correct someone else's post, it's worth doing properly.
Nicola_Red wrote:And Chris is doing JC Superstar and, well, again, not a lot else...

He's also doing Farm Foods ads. That's not a joke. As in, he really is, and also he's almost certain to have made a lot more dosh from the ads than JCS and his vanity Music CD combined. Like 10x.
Good point. I still haven't seen this ad of which people speak! I've probably missed out some of the other stuff that the team are doing too.
bmstinton93 wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:Good point. I still haven't seen this ad of which people speak! I've probably missed out some of the other stuff that the team are doing too.

Didn't someone post it on the forum?

CHICKEN DINOSAURS ONE POOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUND!

bmstinton93 wrote:
Nicola_Red wrote:Good point. I still haven't seen this ad of which people speak! I've probably missed out some of the other stuff that the team are doing too.

Didn't someone post it on the forum?

Yep, but I can't watch videos at work, blah blah. I very rarely use the forum on my pc at home these days, except to upload tedious links or the odd soundclip.
Hi Aled

Over the past few days, I've been applying left, right and centre for interships at various radio stations, but radio 1 is the one I want to really work at., I'm just wondering if you can point me in the right direction for how to go about applying for this type of work placement/internship at R1, if it even exists. I know you did the competition thing for the students a while back, but I am more thinking of a constant work placement.

Any Guidance would be really appreciated!

Hope you are well and keeping busy!

Cheers!

Alex
Hey Misfit,

I'm not Aled but I work in Broadcast Journalism and do a bit of production. Have been through the same trials as you for the past 7 years.

You aren't going to get any work at Radio 1 (beyond applying for the trainee schemes) for the forseeable. I have managed to have coffee *just coffee* with one of the Execs at Radio 1 after about 12 placements at commercial/bbc local.

Have you spoken to your local radio stations? You don't say where you're from but try getting a placement at a local station. Capital are quite willing to take on work experience spods. You could apply to be on of the street teams for a local station (popular for Baeur 'hits' stations). Ring up radio stations, dont do applications. You need to speak to people via phone. Especially with any Global stations (Heart, Capital etc).

Do student radio or Hospital Radio. Try and get a school radio station started if you're still at school. There are loads of Youth stations around.

If you arent willing to do the above for about 3-5 years then you wont get any placement at Radio 1!

BTW (just forgot this)- The local Introducing shows are amazing ways to get involved in BBC Local radio. I did some work at my local BBC station and was a really good way in. Say you will do reports from local gigs, listen to stuff local bands have put up on the uploader etc etc. Every BBC English region has its own "introducing..." show. Mine was a godsend.

Thank you both!!