The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
7:00 NEWSBEAT 1. Charlotte Church – Call My Name 2. Foo Fighters – DOA 3. Simon Webb – No Worries 4. Scissor Sisters – Take Your Mama 5. Bloc Party – Two More Years 7:30 NEWSBEAT 6. Franz Ferdinand – Do You Want To? 7. Sean Paul – We Be Burning 8. Razorlight – Kirby’s House 9. Pharrell Williams ft. Gwen Stefani – Can I Have It Like That? 8:00 NEWSBEAT 10. Daft Punk – One More Time 11. Kaiser Chiefs – I Predict A Riot 8:30 NEWSBEAT 12. Robbie Williams – Tripping (Live) 13. Pussycat Dolls – Doncha 14. Madonna – Hung Up 15. Lethal Bizzle – Fir 16. Jane’s Addiction – Been Caught Stealing (Tedious Link) 17. Sugababes – Push The Button 18. Lil Kim – Lighters Up 19. Gorillaz – Feel Good Inc 9:30 NEWSBEAT 20. Kanye West – Golddigger 21. Stereophonics – Handbags & Gladrags 22. The Darkness – One Way Ticket

On an entirely selfish note, I must point out that today’s show review is shorter than you may have come to expect because I am very busy at the moment. Plus the show was a bit dull today (as it has been most of the week). Enough about me, on with the review…

Chris is late

It’s the JK & Joel breakfast show. No really, Chris is late – although it’s not the first time this has happened. Regular listeners will know that he has been late in the past, but not by too much and not since JK & Joel have been on earlies either. Now is there chance though, as Chris is seemingly hungover from last night’s Robbie gig. It’s JK & Joel & Dave until 10. Mmm…catchy

The 7:00 Newsbeat comes and goes and us loyal Moyles fans are still waiting to catch a few short words from our hero. However, there is nothing, no link or anything – just straight out of the news into the music – 3 in a row non the less, it’s like Nemone is back on the station. A vast improvement the Wogan fans will say, but still it seems a little off for Chris who is usually very professional at what he does.

Locusts, a massive earthquake, and some old lady needed help crossing the road. These are the quite stellar reasons why Chris was late into work today – and when you put a little radio show in perspective of what had gone before, how can you begrudge him being a little bit late eh? Dave apparently;

Dave: You look dreadful
Chris: I feel dreadful!

Dave did seem a bit annoyed by Chris being late though and understandably so – Joel got in on time for his show at 5am, so Chris has absolutely no excuse. Chris said that if his first hour was on tape though then he would have been early, so what’s his point. Let me point this one out for you Chris. Joel was in 2 and a quarter hours before you, no matter what time you start!

Robbie, Robbie, Robbie (Oi, Oi, Oi)

Spread the word, Robbie Williams is on the show – or so the trailers tell us. I’m glad they are spreading the word, because I would have turned off if I wasn’t reviewing the show. He came up in the trails with such pearls of wisdom as “Cabbages are big sprouts”. Therefore doing nothing for his image as the biggest d**k in pop.

The team loved the gig, but then again they weren’t going to say a Radio 1 gig that they have been building up for a while is totally rrrrrrubish are they? (Well Dave did admit that to his wife, but he was just trying to make her feel better about missing out on it.)

The interview was also filmed, so you will be able to see it ONLINE as well. This morning though, was just the audio, thanks to restrictions imposed by conventional radio.

I wasn’t a fan of the interview, not because I hate Williams, far from it. It’s just that the interview was dull, dull, DULL. Robbie talked about his album and how he created it, and how it’s weird that people sing along to songs that haven’t even been released yet. If you are that desperate to hear it, it will probably be on this week’s podcast – as all of the dull celeb interviews seem to be.

Other Stuff on Today’s Show

(*) The best new feature since “Whattity What”, “Sting Rings” was back for another day. Hilariously calling someone up, and playing Sting down the phone? Do you get it, eh??!!!

(*) Dom can hardly speak – he keeps messing things up, and Dave is getting annoyed with some of his rubbish pronunciation.

(*) Joel (of JK &…) fame is on a new diet, which left the cab journey and a bad case of wind a most lethal combination. Dave was the last to realise, when Joel said “Sorry about that”. The cab driver wasn’t too impressed either, having to open his window as well. What a wimp.

(*) Dave is shocked how much girls spend on bras – up to £30. Dave gets his boxers on the cheap, in packs of 3 for a fiver. This was followed by a bout of sniffing Carrie’s bra, which smells like perfume apparently. Don’t ask.

(*) A hilarious half time, where Chris had clips of songs containing various team members names. Carrie was first, and she was in a right old mood about it. Rachel got a bit jealous at this point, but there was soon one about her as well. Dom’s was best though as his was some French woman singing “Dominique-a-nique-a-nique”.

Mini-Moyles Update

Chris is going to get some sleep this afternoon. If you heard the start of the show youll know exactly why. If you didnt, well, were not going to tell you!
Dave is sleeping for the same reason, and were still not telling you why.
Rachel and Aled are going to a playback of the new Madonna album. Showbiz! Dom is cancelling his gym membership, Carrie is getting her wing mirror fixed, and Joce is seeing a friend.

<a href=" http://chrismoyles.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10365">>Thursday 29th September – What did you think of this show/review. Post your comments here<</a>

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]