The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
1. Foo Fighters - Best Of You 7:00 NEWSBEAT 2. Daniel Beddingfield - Gotta Get Thru This 3. KT Tunstill - Suddenly I See 4. Goldfrapp - Oh La La 5. Martha & The Vandellas - Dancing In The Streets 7:30 NEWSBEAT 6. The Bravery - Honest Mistake 7. Sean Paul - We Be Burning 8. Stereophonics - Devil 8:00 NEWSBEAT 9. Kelis - Milkshake 10. Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want To 11. Kanye West feat. Jamie Foxx - Gold Digger 8:30 NEWSBEAT 12. Gwen Stefani - Cool 13. Mylo vs Miami Sound Machine - Doctor Pressure 14. Roll Deep - The Avenue 15. Pearl Jam - Alive (Tedious Link) 16. JAKAZiD - Cilit Bang Remix 17. Black Eyed Peas - Don't Lie 18. Editors - Bullets 19. Snoop Dogg feat. Justin Timberlake - Signs 9:30 NEWSBEAT 20. Jay Z - Change Clothes 21. David Gray - The One I Love

Something really strange happened at the start of the show today - Chris was actually ready for action and happy to be up and alive at this early hour. It certainly makes a change from the "I'm so tired, getting up early is rrrrrrubish" nonsense that the show often begins with. Rachel wonders why Chris is so alive today - the answer is quite simple…he's a professional (well he left the pub before Rachel did!).

Going For Goals

Last night the winners of the going for goals competition earlier this week were in town to watch the Northern Ireland and England match on TV. In hindsight it may not have been the best idea for the winners to be from Northern Ireland itself - Chris said that one of the party did get a bit too excited and "words had to be had on more than one occasion".

It was amusing how the winner had travelled all that way to watch the match in a London pub, especially when you consider he only lives 10 minutes walk from the ground that the match was being played at. Still, he did get to come into the studio this morning for a quick reminisce about the previous nights goings on - which I would argue was a better prize than going to the pub in the first place.

He didn't really say much when he went into the studio - in fact he was only in there because he had to catch an early flight (which he didn't have to catch in the end or something. I wasn't paying too much attention). Still, there are some amusing pictures of the night at Radio 1 ONLINE - check them out here

Say No To Wogan & Celeb Hide & Seek

The "No To Wogan" campaign is in full swing. If you don't remember this part of the show, it used to be called "Buzz Off" - but now it's back and has a half arsed point to it now - mainly to get people to say no to the nation's favourite (according to the ratings anyway) breakfast show and yes to Chris instead.

This is more for kids who are forced to listen to it by their Mum & Dad, rather than "Coffin Dodgers" - a phrase which Chris hates and rightly so. Only two days after the campaign has launched and all the merchandise has practically gone from the stockists - "Such is the popularity of the feature" notes Dave. Not really - personally I think it shows the popularity of the show rather than the feature. I love Chris Moyles, I wouldn't do this review otherwise - so I would have loved to get some Moyles merchandise like this. As a feature though I think it's a bit sloppy and childish - although given time I may be persuaded otherwise (with free stuff if anyone at the BBC is reading this).

More great Hide & Seek calls from Dom today, he sounded a bit disheartened at first because all the people so far have been a bit rubbish - not only because they were dodgy celebs in the first place but also because nobody wanted to do it.

Today's first call was Jeff Capes - big star (in more ways than one) from the 80's, who used to be world's strongest man. He was quite a pleasant man by the sounds of it - seemed up for a laugh, even if he did note himself that he had no chance at being successful at hiding. He was also pleased Louie Walsh was playing the game, as he could carry him around because he is so little!

Gemma Atkinson of Hollyoaks fame was next to be called by Dom - she'd love to take part in it, but she's too busy promoting her new E4 series "Hollyoaks - Let Loose" (Dom: "Nice Plug") she suggested to ring up some of her co-stars instead, since she can't be bothered filming it on her day off. Still, good excuse for a picture…

Dom hasn't had any luck in convincing Miss Hoolie from Balamory to join the show yet - apparently she's pregnant and might have even had the baby, so she won't be appearing anywhere for a while. To soften the blow though, he'd been sent a load of Balamory stuff, like a PC Plum's radio (surely theft?) and a freaky talking Miss Hoolie.

Other Stuff On Today's Show

(*) Carrie is at the Oval today for the start of the cricket. She has an atmosphere microphone, to add atmosphere (obviously), but Chris says its crap - he thought someone was making fake sounds into it to pretend they were at the cricket. Chris showed his cricket knowledge by talking about the Captains of each side - Jonny Vaughn and Shane Richie. Carrie tried to get on GM:TV as well, but she failed as they went to a caption.

(*) The 68th explanation this month of how you can get Radio 1 in America. You can also get it in the UK now I think, although I'm not sure as they don't mention that as much - it's not as good as the mighty Sirius.

(*) Radio 1 has a new text message system that wont let you see swear words if you text them through - Chris tried an extra special x-rated one just to prove it does work. Of course their were plenty of offensive texts when Rachel ballsed up the music when Chris went out of the room.

(*) Longman loves the Cillit Bang advert and the man who stars in it - Barry Scott to be precise. So Chris played the remix that has been on Scott's show, and has been on the internet for a while.

(*) After last week's promise of Rio Ferdinand buying the team a car if they got a message from Jay-Z (or walked around in Man U tops). They tricked him into thinking the Z-meister had bought Rio a Camper Van himself - but he hadn't. What jokesters. They did have a message from him though - all thanks to Westwood. This lead to the most hilarious One Road Travel ever, with Dom doing it in a Westwood voice. MASSIVE. There was also a hilarious Westwood impression where he went into Radio 2 - he was loving Jeremy Vine all the time. Dom is a genius.

Tedious Link

Ian Brown - 'F.E.A.R.' - Ian Brown shares the same surname as Gordon Brown who is the Chancellor of the Exchequer - the Chancellor of the Exchequer does the budget every year where he puts up the price of fags and bitter and petrol and stuff - the price of petrol fluctuates depending on the international price of crude oil - oil is sold in a barrel - barrel rhymes with Carol as in Carol Smilie who is from Glasgow - Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland - Scotland won last night 2-1 in Norway - The capital of Norway is Oslo - If you add an 'e' to Oslo and re-arrange the letters you get lose, which England did last night against Northern Ireland - Northern Ireland is where Colin Murray is from - Colin will be here with Edith from 1 - '1' was a 1992 hit for the band U2 - if you take the '2' from U2 and multiply it by the average number of days in a working week, you get 10 - '10' was the title of the 1991 debut album from Pearl Jam which links us to Pearl Jam - 'Alive'

Mini-Moyles Update

There was no Mini-Moyles update today - not that I could see anyway. Lazy freaks.

<a href="http://chris.polymathic.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10142">>Thursday 8th September - What did you think of this show/review. Post your comments here<</a>

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]