The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
1. Razorlight - Somewhere Else 7:00 NEWSBEAT 2. Black Eyed Peas - Don't Phunk With My Heart 3. Boogie Pimps - Somebody To Love 4. Foo Fighters - Best Of You 5. OutKast -Roses 7:30 NEWSBEAT 6. Bodyrockers - I Like The Way You Move 7. Jamelia - Superstar 8. Praise Cats ft. Andrea Love - Shined On Me 9. Kaiser Chiefs - Oh My God 8:00 NEWSBEAT 10. Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc 11. Red Hot Chilli Peppers - The Zephyr Song 12. Jamiroquai - 7 Days In Sunny June (Live) 8:30 NEWSBEAT 13. Gwen Steffani - Hollaback Girl 14. Weezer - Beverly Hills 15. Natasha Beddingfield - Single 16. Akon - Lonely 17. Jamiroquai - Cosmic Girl (Live & Tedious Link) 18. The Coral - In The Morning 19. Max Graham vs Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart 9:30 NEWSBEAT 20. Christina Augilara - Dirrrty 21. Mylo - In My Arms 22. Coldplay - Speed Of Sound

A special show today, with the team coming live from Jay Kay's (out of Jamiroquai rather than JK & Joel) house. If you were anything like me, you would probably have been groaning at the thought. Outside Broadcasts usually go one of two ways with Chris and the team, they can either be absolute turd, or absolute genius. Which one was today's then? Well if I'm honest a bit of both, as you'll see in the highlights below…

Moyles and the gang hang with Jay Kay

Although the team are at Jay Kay's house, they aren't actually broadcasting directly from there though - in fact they are in his own personal pub, which does sound quite snazzy. If you're thinking that that might just be one of those little bars some people sometimes have (ala Del Boy in Only Fools and Horses) then you'd be wrong, as it's a massive fully furnished pub, complete with rustic fireplace. Dave would love to turn it on, but that just isn't possible as he'd burn through all the surrounding wires and subsequently get taken off air.

The first half hour or so was annoyingly boring I found with stories of how Jay Kay gave the team a set of old coats to put on (Are you listening Sony Judges - stories about Coats) and various descriptions of Jay's house and the surrounding area. Luckily though things perked up when the man himself arrived to inject some life into what would have been an otherwise tedious outside broadcast.

Last night saw the team enjoy some fireworks - although Chris wasn't too optimistic at how good they would be, initially thinking it was those crappy Traffic Light ones that your parents used to get you. In fact it was something totally different with masses of explosions - he knew it was bad when Jay (normally a sensible man by all accounts) was a field or two over and told everyone to run for cover. He even burnt his nose - not as bad as you might think as he actually burnt it on a lighter rather than a firework gone wrong.

It wasn't long before they started having a go on one of Jay's favourite new toys - the segway. If you haven't seen one, it's a "gyroscopic sex machine" according to Dave. For the rest of us it's basically a massive Scooter that it's quite hard to fall off of (unless you're Aled of course). They were tipped to be the next big thing a few years ago, but have faded into obscurity after that bold claim was made. Until today that is when Jay decided to give Dave a few lessons on how to ride it - as long as he didn't bang into any of his cars. Dave wasn't too bad though he did "get a bit of a wobble on" (in his own words) even if he did never manage to master the art of stopping. He wasn't even put off by the seven goals leaked in when Everton played Arsenal last night.

Eventually it did break though - Dave was getting the blame even though technically Jay was the last person to touch it (gotta love that old rule). Jay'll be having words with the comedic one after the show. He'll be lucky if Dave stumps up the cash for an all new one though, as Chris says he has enough trouble getting a round out of him. Dave did offer to go "for a drink after the show" though, not much use considering the show is coming live from a pub.

If you want to see the entire gallery of traditionally nicked from the BBC pictures of the visit, check out Radio 1 ONLINE, or more specifically Click Here

Other Stuff on Today's Show
(*) Dom and Carrie broadcast live from the log shed
(*) Jay and his band cover the "Rhubarb and Custard" theme as well as the "Rainbow" Theme
(*) Jay's as stiff as a board - his back you sickos
(*) Dave is hilariously scared of Jay's Dogs
(*) Chris & Dave make up their own version of Cosmic Girl and various other Jamiroquai hits.
(*) The Team give Jay some presents, including a till - since his pub doesn't have one - and some James Bond cars.

New Jingle
Today we're live from Jay Kay's House, it really is quite cool,
He's got some really wicked cars, a trampoline and swimming pool,
This guy's got so much money; he could open his own bar,
So come on Jay, don't mess about and give us all a car
The Chris Moyles Show, National Radio 1

Tedious Link
Guns & Roses and Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns & Roses Axel Rose was born William Axel Rose in Indiana - Indiana Jones the movie character was played by Harrison Ford who now goes out with Celesta Flockheart from Ally McBeal - Ally McBeal shares the same first name as Ally McCoist who is mates with Carol Smillie who now presents 'People's Court' - Caught of a different type is what happens to unlucky fish - Fish was the lead singer of mavilian (?) who had a hit single with 'Kaighley' - Kaighley, albeit spelt differently is a traditional Scottish Dance - 'Dance The Night Away' was a hit for the Mavericks - The Mavericks are from America as is Michael Douglas who is married to Catherine Zita Jones, who used to be in the Last of the Summer Wine (which Dave quickly corrected to 'Darling Buds of May') with David Jason who starred as Del Boy, older brother of Rodney in 'Only Fools and Horses', who's favourite word was 'Cosmic' which means Rodney's girlfriend, Cassandra was a 'Cosmic Girl', Which links us to Jamiroquai - Cosmic Girl

Carpark Catchphrase
Louise from Epsom (1) lost to
Jay Kay from Jamiroquai (2)

<a href="http://chris.polymathic.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9454">>Thursday 12th May - What did you think of this show/review. Post your comments here<</a>
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up