The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
Playlist

1: Gwen Stefani – Hollaback Girl, 2: U2 – Vertigo, 3: Coldplay – Speed Of Sound, 4: Deepdish – Flashdance, 5: White Stripes – Blue Orchid, 6: Justin Timberlake – Like I Love You, 7: Embrace - Ashes, 8: Amerie – One Thing, 9: Green Day – (Wake Me Up) When September Ends, 10: Basement Jaxx – Good Luck, 11: The Killers - Smile Like You Mean It, 12: Faithless – We Come One, 13: Foo Fighters – Best Of You, 14: Gwen Stefani – Rich Girl, 15: Sugababes – Hole In The Head, 16: The Coral – In The Morning, 17: The Game feat. 50 Cent – Hate It Or Love It, 18: Bodyrockers – The Way You Move, 19: Guns ‘n’ Roses – Sweet Child O’ Mine (tedious), 20: Akon – Lonely, 21: Futureheads – Decent Days And Nights, 22: Razorlight – Somewhere Else, 23: Blackeyed Peas – Don’t Phunk With My Heart, 24: Rooster – You’re So Good For Me, 25: Jamiroquai – Feels Just Like It Should

Post-Oasis Spent-ness

The team went off to see Oasis at the Astoria last night, and accordingly came in this morning feeling fragile (apart from Aled, who still sounded chirpy, but he either didn’t go or was in bed by the encore, and committed the cardinal sin of texting during “Don’t Look Back In Anger”) and sounding like Phyllis Pearce off Coronation Street.

Chris said that he didn’t have any alcohol at the gig, his consumption was “all drugs”. Dave woke up with a kebab and half a portion of chips in his front room. Dom worried that they all looked a bit silly and old, pogoing and singing along, but Rachel reassured that it was “a beautiful moment”.

A posh bloke was on Newsbeat saying that he and his gig-going accomplice “had it” as the band played “Morning Glory” and “Cigarettes and Alcohol”, and Chris ridiculed him. It’s always fun to ridicule posh people at gigs, isn’t it? Even better if you can do it on national radio the next morning, I’d imagine…

Model Truck of Luck on Ebay

Some benevolent soul is selling the Corgi version of the Truck Of Luck, signed by Mr Moyles himself, on Ebay, to raise money for Comic Relief. It was going at £600 at 8am. If I had the skill or the inclination, I’d link to it here, but I have neither, and unless you live in a bag in a cave you will know what Ebay is and how to get to it. So go and do it, and bid for it, if you have the money, because that’s fundamental.

Freeform Bodyrockers re-hashing

As is becoming something of a Moyles show tradition with the rubbish Bodyrockers song, Chris and Dave teased us with another few potential lines for their version:

“I like the way you pick your feet / I like your three-piece-suite”
“I like your caravan / I like your plate of spam / I like your cheese flan”
“I like your hairy legs / I like your bacon and eggs”
“I like your lovely bits/ I like your furry mitts”

They tried to encourage Aled to contribute a final section for that last one, but he just couldn’t think of a thing to rhyme…

Miss/Mr Chris Moyles Show

Chris became so excited that he might have done a little wee, at his idea of running a Miss Chris Moyles Show contest (with a Mr Chris Moyles Show contest just to ensure that they wouldn’t be accused of sexism, like they usually are).

The concept was that Rachel and Carrie would be asked to judge pictures of men in thongs, whilst the menfolk would rate pictures of ladies with their bosom-age. The Mr contest would be called “Pick a Packet” (Lionel Bart spinning in his grave, possibly), and the Miss contest either “Peekaboob” or “Choose a Chest”.

Listener suggestions for other names for the Miss contest were far too rude, though “Boof Idol” (or maybe it was “Buff” and because I speak proper I misunderstood the Leeds-ness of Chris) snuck in and I think that’s fairly saucy…

Hurrah for Tony Christie

Uncharacteristically for a mum, my mum doesn’t like Tony Christie. My mum’s musical taste is crappy even by mum standards, but she doesn’t like him, which either makes him crapper than crap or actually quite good.

Chris and Aled think he’s actually quite good, and their estimation of him only went up when they each received a signed copy of his album this morning. Chris went on to give us a super Bill-Tarmey-esque (two Coronation Street references in one review, how postmodern of me, perhaps) rendition of “Avenues and Alleyways”.

Tony Christie could teach that Chris Martin from Coldplay a few things – you’d not get him stealing a piano refrain from Family Affairs. No, I’m not going to let that one go, Coldplay fans.

Car Park Catchphrase

During the bout of Scott the water inspector vs. Becky, my computer decided to get weird, so I didn’t really hear the whole thing. As the contestants didn’t sound utterly stupid, and therefore the feature wasn’t likely to be that interesting, I couldn’t be bother to go back and listen again.

So, two of the catchphrases were “salt of the earth” and “thick as two short planks” (to which Becky answered “two planks are better than one”), and I didn’t get the other one. Scott one, Chris called Becky thick, that’s it.

Otherness

“The Beginners Guide To Jamiro-kye” allowed Will to call the band’s first album “semen-al”, in an amusing piece of mispronunciation.

Chris and Dave discussed Gwen Stefani’s “Harry Ramsden Girls”, a wholly more interesting concept than Gwen Stefani thinks her “Harashuko Girls” (or whatever she calls them) are.

Chris found out that he can make one foot point forward and the other point backward at the same time, thus putting himself into what Rachel was convinced was 5th position in ballet.

Dave remarked that Peter Stringfellow on the beach in his man-thong looks like a huge Babybel, or other similar ball of cheese.

Chris to Aled before “Sweet Child O’ Mine”:

Chris: “Are you gonna rock?”
Aled: “Yes”
Aled” “Yes!”
Aled: “YESSSS!”
Chris: “Stop shouting”

Fully aware that many of his listeners might indulge in some station-hopping during Akon’s atrocious “Lonely”, Chris, over the intro, implored us to “come back to us in 3 minutes 22 seconds, won’t you?”. I switched to Heart 106.2 and listened to “Macarena”, if anybody is interested…

Chris was hungry for some “webcam fun” and invited listeners to text/e-mail in details of their personal webcam addresses so he could look at them. Aled being the authority on these things went into some detail about some webcam site things requiring credit card details, which led to Chris mentioning aledinhispants.com, which resulted in minor comedy outrage from Aled. Chris then found sites where one can control virtual barmaids and virtual men dressed as chickens, and then they came together in some weird chicken-lady web-based intermingling, and that made Dom make an “ooh” type noise, and that was saddening.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up