The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
Playlist

1: The Killers – Smile Like You Mean It, 2: Eminem – Lose Yourself, 3: Foo Fighters – ALl My Life, 4: Snoop Doggy Dogg feat. Justin Timberlake – Signs, 5: Gadjo – So Many Times, 6: Pink – Get This Party Started, 7: Gorillaz – Feelgood Inc. 8: The Bravery – Honest Mistake, 9: Natalie Imbruglia – Shiver, 10: Daniel Bedingfield – The Way, 11: Michael Gray – The Weekend, 12: Razorlight – Somewhere Else, 13: Bodyrockers – I Like The Way You Move, 14: Jamiroquai – Space Cowboy (tedious), 15: Akon – Lonely, 16: Praise Cats feat. Andrea Love – Shined On Me, 17: Mylo – In Your Arms, 18: U2 - Elevation , 19: Gwen Stefani – Rich Girl, 20: Weezer- Beverley Hills, 21:

“I’m not in the mood for love… I’m in the mood for a bacon sandwich”

Dave had a minor cob on first thing, after the Liverpool-Chelsea game last night. I assume that, as an Everton fan, Dave didn’t want arch-rivals Liverpool to win. But I don’t really care if I’m wrong. The debate over the disputed goal raged, vaguely, for a minute or so. The fact that Chris hadn’t bothered to watch the whole match (due to taking the missus out for a meal) might have been the metaphorical piss on the team’s campfire of football discussion. Or maybe they’ve all just realised that football is rubbish. Yes, I know, how awfully contentious…

Dominic in Sir Alan Sugar’s big chair

Dominic was off to interview ominously seated beard-wielding entrepreneur Sir Alan Sugar, after this morning’s show. This, and “The Apprentice” in general, was a bit of a running theme for the team today, which was all a bit much really. It’s a good programme and everything, but it’s hardly, oh I don’t know, “Loose Women”… does it warrant this level of attention?

Due to Sir Alan Sugar being a frightening man who would probably stab Dominic in the eye as soon as answer usual Breakfast Show questions about cheese, this morning’s show was used as a forum for testing out potential questions and practising interview technique. A question suggested several times by Chris, met with only mild amusement by the team, was “Would you like a cup of coffee, Sir Alan? Sugar?”. Dominic then discussed his plan to coerce Sir Alan into saying various phrases to rhyme with his catchphrase “You’re fired”, such as “You’re retired” and “You’re inspired”, which was a bit more funny.

Question suggestions coming in from the kids included:

“Have you been told you look like Sid James and would you consider playing him in a movie?”
“Sir Alan, how are your children Tate and Lyle?”
“Sir Alan, who owns Harrods?”

Free gifts

Continuing in the Sugar vein, Aled was proud to present a box of gifts which the team had been sent. The gifts were a set of the market-tastic fleeces which Sir Alan Sugar’s apprentices had to flog on the programme a couple of weeks ago.

They were met with actual whoops of delight from Chris, and all of the team seemed fairly overjoyed with their new garments, particularly Aled and his “Deluxe Dolphins” design, Carrie and her “native Indians on horses” and Dominic with his selection of breeds of domestic and wild dog.

Dom was sent to trot off down Great Portland Street to try and sell his jacket, just after the 9.30 news. He returned still be-fleeced, but in good spirits, perhaps because the woman he tried to sell it to was kind and said that it did look “warm and comfortable” but that she couldn’t buy it as she was “more of a cat person”. And not because it’s horrible special-person wear.

Car Park Catchphrase

Amy the PhD student from London vs. Sarah the verbose leaflet-dropper from Tamworth. Sarah got “It’s gone pear-shaped” in good time, but then lapsed by answering “A knock off the old block” for the next one, which is just crap. Amy cottoned on to “Man cannot live by bread alone” eventually. Chris went on to be very horrible to the leaflet dropper, but then almost equally horrible to the student, so that’s not so bad.

And in other news…

Dave and Chris appear to be forming an idea for a cover of The Bodyrockers “I Like The Way You Move” – and it may involve the line “I like your nasal hair / I like the way it goes from here to there”. Dave also took the opportunity to say that the singer out of The Bodyrockers looks like a peeping Tom – I think he’s also a bit of a skinny Steve Brookstein. Nobody took the opportunity to say it’s a rubbish premise for a song, poorly executed, unfortunately.

Aled’s guide to Sunderland: “Sunderland has more to it than glass, it has planes as well! Honestly!”. Very few sentences amuse me more than that one in the morning. However, I remain disappointed by no reference to Kenickie, who are, as everyone knows, Sunderland’s finest daughters.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up